• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC Random "secret" seed

Gaelyte

Terrarian
After watching the video series of Wand of Sparking about the randomized world, I wanted to make a seed that features it, and there it is !
This is a Terraria Tweaker 2 plugin that allows to create a world with few new seeds to randomize tiles, all are case insensitive :
  • "Random" : every wall and every block type will be changed to another, making new biomes to change the game experience
  • "Painted random" : like "random", but every type of tile and wall is painted with a random color
  • "Random drunk" : a fusion of "random" and " 5162020"
  • "For the random" : a fusion of "random" and "for the worthy" seeds
  • "For the drunk" : a fusion of "for the worthy" and " 5162020"
  • "For the random drunks" : a fusion of "for the drunk" and " random"
  • "Painted for the drunks" : like "for the random drunks", but painted
  • "Not the random!" : a fusion of "random" and "not the bees!" seeds
  • "For the bees"/"For the bees!" : a fusion of "for the worthy" and "not the bees!"
  • "Not the drunks!" : a fusion of "not the bees!" and " 5162020"
  • "Terraria" : a fusion of all three Terraria special seeds
  • "Random Terraria" : the "terraria" seed, but with randomized tiles
  • "Painted Terraria" : like "random terraria", but painted

Random Gen.png

A part of a world generated with the "random" seed

Attachments

Last edited:

Gaelyte

Terrarian
For theses who downloaded it before this post, I forgot to remove a debug thing in the previous version, this one should be better

Gaelyte

Terrarian
New version with 3 more seeds :
  • for the bees/for the bees! : a fusion of for the worthy and not the bees!, to die even faster
  • for the random : for the worthy, but randomized
  • not the random! : not the bees, but randomized. Note that the initial block replacement to make the world a jungle is skipped to not have only 5 blocks in the world

Mail

Terrarian
Are you aware you can call WorldGen.SquareTileFrame() to fix up surrounding blocks after changing one? I guess you don't want to break trees, cactus, vines, etc that are on invalid blocks?

Gaelyte

Terrarian
Are you aware you can call WorldGen.SquareTileFrame() to fix up surrounding blocks after changing one? I guess you don't want to break trees, cactus, vines, etc that are on invalid blocks?
Where are the "broken" blocks ? They were already in a good shape before being transformed, trees and plants are fine on invalid bricks, only the cacti that are destroyed and sand/silt/slush that fall are not totally satisfying

Mail

Terrarian
Where are the "broken" blocks ? They were already in a good shape before being transformed, trees and plants are fine on invalid bricks, only the cacti that are destroyed and sand/silt/slush that fall are not totally satisfying
My understanding is that tiles have a "frameX" and "frameY" which determines the graphic a block uses. Different block types use frames differently, so changing the tile type without updating the frames might make the borders between tiles look weird for depending on the block types. Most of the things it fixes are probably getting fixed up later as an extra step at the end of Worldgen so I'm not sure if you need to worry about it if you never modify blocks while the level is loaded.

Gaelyte

Terrarian
My understanding is that tiles have a "frameX" and "frameY" which determines the graphic a block uses. Different block types use frames differently, so changing the tile type without updating the frames might make the borders between tiles look weird for depending on the block types. Most of the things it fixes are probably getting fixed up later as an extra step at the end of Worldgen so I'm not sure if you need to worry about it if you never modify blocks while the level is loaded.
Nah, hopefully every block is drawn the same way so for example an upper-left corner frame will always be on the same position for every sprite

Pigman Δ

Retinazer
trying out this plugin be like

Capture 2020-09-19 17_14_56.png

at least i'll have no issue getting demonite

(grass is now copper plating, stone is now honeyfalls and dirt is now demonite EDIT: and sand is now luminite, lucky me)

edit: waitwhatjusthappened
so it turns out sand has been replaced by luminite
i am lukk

edit2:
iamsupalukk
as soon as i can get a titanium/adamantite forge i'll be able to craft luminite bars
it turns out luminite is minable with anything

Last edited:

Gaelyte

Terrarian
I don't know if it will really be useful as luminite needs the ancient manipulator to be transformed into bar or other useful ingredient and demonite need you to beat the EoW to be really usable
You'll be rich though

Pigman Δ

Retinazer
I don't know if it will really be useful as luminite needs the ancient manipulator to be transformed into bar or other useful ingredient and demonite need you to beat the EoW to be really usable
You'll be rich though
oh right of course i forgot you need the manipulator for luminite tho the demon bow will be useful against EoC

EDIT:
a funny happened
Capture 2020-09-19 18_11_55.png

corrupt chasms

Last edited:

Gaelyte

Terrarian
New version featuring few tiles removed from the pool of randomized tiles for better experience (traps and temporary ice blocks) and a new seed : "painted random" that also paint tiles and wall with a random paint (including none), the same for every tile

Top Bottom