Weapons & Equip Ranged may require some tweaks...

Does Ranged require any changes?

• Give them mobility, this game is like Touhou, it's all about dodging!

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • Give them new weapons! Anything that isn't a fish or a firework.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • Mobility or better weapons? Why not both! Mages have both too...

Votes: 66 50.4%
  • Give rangers nothing, I don't think they deserve it.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • Or give rangers the ability to build sentry like minions and arm them with ranged weaponry!

Votes: 23 17.6%
  • Change/give Vortex Armor a set bonus which grants damage bonus based on how fast the player moves!

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Change the movement speed penalties to defense penalties on Vortex Armor.

Votes: 27 20.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They need to add atleast One/Two new Rocket Launchers and 2 New Guns IMO
As for now, cool ML drop is of more importance. And it shouldn't be gun. We're talking about tweaks in Ranger class here, not about adding heckload of content to it. Ideas for new weapons are good, but they are not the reason fow which thread was created, and as such shouldn't be main subject.

As for now, cool ML drop is of more importance. And it shouldn't be gun. We're talking about tweaks in Ranger class here, not about adding heckload of content to it. Ideas for new weapons are good, but they are not the reason fow which thread was created, and as such shouldn't be main subject.
You right, I Apologize about that...But they need to atleast Make a New Rocketlauncher Replacement for the Celebration

They need to add atleast One/Two new Rocket Launchers and 2 New Guns IMO
Well, don't be greedy. Even melee, the always favoured one has only 3 weapons from the Moon Lord.
Never forget, most gamers are sword-fans, every experienced game developer knows that and favor melee players with more content and such... ...I'm pretty sure that we'll never have as much weapons as melee.
There won't be any additional ranged weapon release until they release more melee weapons. Even if they don't have good ideas for melee weapons, they are forced to release even more of them...

So we shouldn't be greedy about it. Of course, I'd like ranged to be favoured for a lil' bit like melee always was, but we obviously won't get that much of a love for the aforementioned reason.

Well, don't be greedy. Even melee, the always favoured one has only 3 weapons from the Moon Lord.
Never forget, most gamers are sword-fans, every experienced game developer knows that and favor melee players with more content and such... ...I'm pretty sure that we'll never have as much weapons as melee.
There won't be any additional ranged weapon release until they release more melee weapons. Even if they don't have good ideas for melee weapons, they are forced to release even more of them...

So we shouldn't be greedy about it. Of course, I'd like ranged to be favoured for a lil' bit like melee always was, but we obviously won't get that much of a love for the aforementioned reason.
Sorry again for that
and Sorry if this is Off--Topic but....What do you Think about Luminite Bullets?
Are they a bit Boring? Should they get a New Ability?

Last edited:
Sorry again for that
and Sorry if this is Off--Topic but....What do you Think about Luminite Bullets?
Are they a bit Boring? Should they get a New Ability?
Actually I like them.
They work in a unique way, they aren't piercing by nature, I'm not sure how they work, but they are definitely not piercing.
It looks they actually send another projectile after hitting an enemy that might pierce, but I'm sure that the base projectile doesn't pierce, as any gun with a fire rate over 6/s couldn't hit enemies reliably because of the invulnerability frames caused by piercing damage. As the tests go even the S.D.M.G. with it's highest fire rate of 15/s deals damage on every shot.

Luminite Bullet, a bullet that doesn't seem to pierce by game mechanics, but practically does. Brilliant how Re-Logic managed to outplay their game's rules with this one. If the weapons were at least half as good as Luminite Bullets are, we had no problems! xD

I wouldn't mind if it could use it's own, unique ammo - something like "Energy Pellets" or other of this kind.
Maybe even eating gold coin for shot... Yeah, kinda like electro cannon.

I've got it.
It could use stars just like the Star Cannon does.
The animation for charging the weapon would show a star between the claws, spinning faster and faster as it's charged, then released to make the huge explosion.

Star Fury -> Star Wrath; Star Cannon -> The Nuke; Meteor Staff -> Lunar Flare (It's a stretch, but I can't think of anything else the Mage has like it. xD)

I've got it.
The animation for charging the weapon would show a star between the claws, spinning faster and faster as it's charged, then released to make the huge explosion.

Star Fury -> Star Wrath; Star Cannon -> The Nuke; Meteor Staff -> Lunar Flare (It's a stretch, but I can't think of anything else the Mage has like it. xD)
Maybe call it Nova Cannon?
Not to mention how awesome the idea of using stars is.

Maybe call it Nova Cannon?
Not to mention how awesome the idea of using stars is.
Ah, good idea. Let me put that here, then. :3

40dbfdce9b.png

"Nova Cannon"
5000 Ranged Damage
Insane Knockback
"Did someone call for a Nuclear Supernova?"
Takes 3 seconds to charge.
Can not be fired uncharged.
Uses stars for ammo.

I've got it.

Actually, it seems to go not that straight:
Meteor Staff -> Blizzard Staff -> Lunar Flare
And I'll stick to idea of using luminite ore as ammo. I don't know why, but I really love it... Especially because it looks like some hight-tech material or future quicksilver (mercury)...
Really, it would be awesome, especially considering it's power.
Stars would be good, but I see two problems with them:
1. Easy to obtain, as for this tier of weapon. You know, if it would be luminite ore, then it would be obtained in large equntities, but still hard to do so. Obtaining Stars is for me actually even more painful than crushing ML.
2. Then it wouldn't look so cool, as it would be upgrade to Star Cannon, which - while unarguably powerful - looks... not badass :D

And I'll stick to idea of using luminite ore as ammo. I don't know why, but I really love it... Especially because it looks like some hight-tech material or future quicksilver (mercury)...
1. Easy to obtain, as for this tier of weapon. You know, if it would be luminite ore, then it would be obtained in large equntities, but still hard to do so. Obtaining Stars is for me actually even more painful than crushing ML.
2. Then it wouldn't look so cool, as it would be upgrade to Star Cannon, which - while unarguably powerful - looks... not badass :D

10 stars + 1 Luminite ore = 10 Nuclear Star Cells, perhaps? :3
And I could just change the middle crystal to be sort of star shaped. :p

Like this:
4b186a32a1.png

1. Easy to obtain, as for this tier of weapon. You know, if it would be luminite ore, then it would be obtained in large equntities, but still hard to do so.
2. Then it wouldn't look so cool, as it would be upgrade to Star Cannon :D
Please, don't hurt poor Star Cannon chan! Star Cannon chan did everything she could and we ignore her nowadays and she's so sad, baka!
Actually, I don't mind it being easy to obtain, you know, the gun is hard enough to obtain itself. At least then, we wouldn't have problem with obtaining ammo.
Not to mention that Star Cannon chan is cool and lovely and she's going to be my waifu if she gets buffed up enough, so don't hurt her so much!

Like this:
4b186a32a1.png
This gets better and better. Star Cannon chan will be jealous. =o,O=

Last edited:

Like this:
4b186a32a1.png
That's exactly whad I'd want to avoid ;)
About this texture... Maybe change the crystal/other eye-candy to some kind of vents? You know, something like cooling vents or something... Maybe even blue. It fits energy weapon perfectly. Some kind of energy cell also might look good. But these are just my suggestions.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438626116,1438626034][/DOUBLEPOST]
Please, don't hurt poor Star Cannon chan! Star Cannon chan did everything she could and we ignore her nowadays and she's so sad nowadays, baka!
Actually, I don't mind it being easy to obtain, you know, the gun is hard enough to obtain itself. At least then, we wouldn't have problem with obtaining ammo.
Not to mention that Star Cannon chan is cool and lovely and she's going to be my waifu if she gets buffed up enough, so don't hurt her so much!

This gets better and better. Star Cannon chan will be jealous. =o,O=
You've overdosed anime. Really.

You've overdosed anime. Really.
Hellyeah. =^-^=

That's exactly whad I'd want to avoid ;)
About this texture... Maybe change the crystal/other eye-candy to some kind of vents? You know, something like cooling vents or something... Maybe even blue. It fits energy weapon perfectly. Some kind of energy cell also might look good. But these are just my suggestions.
Well, I kinda understand that, however I think that the star shaped object fits Terraria's natural goofy style nicely. Of course, cooling wents and glowing panels always look better than star shaped leds, but it's good enough anyways.

@Kardfogu @Esmerelda the Slime Girl
In fact, I'm addicted to energy weapons in games. I love them so much that when I got Particle Cannon in Wolfenstein (2009), I spent all ammo in a matter of second. Those shiny, blue particles, disintegrating enemies... And all energy weapons in games - as long as they are unique (on or two energy weapons in entire game), are my secret love. BFG10K in Quake III arena, Gauss Cannon in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Ion Cannon in C&C3TW/KW... That's exactyly why I hate it that all laserguns go to mages.
Ok, that was offtop. Now back to topic:
Weapon we're talking about should be awesome - and awesome ML drop. I see no reason for which it should be goofy, when we have S.D.M.G. already.

Actually now that I think about it, 10 Fallen Star is kind of an overkill. Even at your best luck you get like ~40 stars each night, 4 shots shots every 24 minutes in game, 1 shot every 6 minutes. Even at best, with lots of reduction in ammo consumption it would end up around 1 shot every 3 minutes. Not sure if it's fair or not. The actual DPS compared to other weapons isn't THAT overwhelming, it's just a high burst.

Actually now that I think about it, 10 Fallen Star is kind of an overkill. Even at your best luck you get like ~40 stars each night, 4 shots shots every 24 minutes in game, 1 shot every 6 minutes. Even at best, with lots of reduction in ammo consumption it would end up around 1 shot every 3 minutes. Not sure if it's fair or not. The actual DPS compared to other weapons isn't THAT overwhelming, it's just a high burst.
Wait. 10 stars + 1 luminite ore makes it for 10 shots, thus 1 star (and 1/10 of luminite ore) per shot. Where's problem?

True, but you do rack them up as you play the game, even unintentionally. Not to mention that you can make a world-length sky bridge, then put som mine tracks on it, and farm for stars with that. :3

I do see your point, though. Perhaps just making it a 1 to 1 ratio? (1 star + 1 luminite ore = 1 Nuclear Star Cell)

Also, I'm not sure how to make the vents for this weapon.
960247267b.png
Like this?

True, but you do rack them up as you play the game, even unintentionally. Not to mention that you can make a world-length sky bridge, then put som mine tracks on it, and farm for stars with that. :3

I do see your point, though. Perhaps just making it a 1 to 1 ratio? (1 star + 1 luminite ore = 1 Nuclear Star Cell)

Also, I'm not sure how to make the vents for this weapon.
960247267b.png
Like this?
Actually, I meant that vents could replace this little star... But yeah, it looks pretty good even as it is.
And I thought on something... strange. Listen to my idea:
As this weapon would be unique both in per-hit damage (woah!), way it works (charged, but not shooting if full charge is not achieved)...
Maybe it could be first, and only weapon in entire game to use two types of ammo for every shot?
I mean, to shoot, You would need both star and luminite ore (or another ingredients) in inventory, one of each consumed for shot. Why not? Devs would have even less work with adding items. And it would be useful for other classes as well, bacuse now they could store Luminite Ore in unused ammo slots ;)
Just saying. IMO ammo needs to be really expensive in materials, and use only endgame-ones.
EDIT: I do realize that there are cons of this solution (two slots needed for ammo), but it would be somehow compensated by it's pros (ex. it could be used as ammo, but even if so, then you still can craft with it if you need, so no one-way conversion)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom