Game Mechanics Ranger Mechanic changes

A) Change the Bullet/Arrow stack caps to 1000.
Because almost everything crafts in a multiple of ten. Nothing fits nicely into 999, and it makes crafting stuff a pain. Not a HUGE deal but doesn't seem like it'd be hard to change and it would make life easier.
I think you are wrong there. Remember when items wouldn't stack to over 250 a while ago? That wasn't just to be a pain it was because the game just could not stack them over that number. Then they buffed it up to 999. So changing the game mechanics and all (a pretty time-consuming task I believe) just to stack to 1 more? This is just what I've heard, but I'm pretty sure it's true.

Ammo Pouch:
Purchasable from Goblin tinkerer (20 G)
Adds 1 extra ammo slot
Equipable

Ethereal Ammo Pouch
Crafted: 20 Ectoplasm + Ammo Pouch (At hardmode anvil)
Adds 3 extra ammo slots
10% chance not to consume ammo
Equipable

Maybe an expert mode boss drop/drops? Like the Demon Heart. Also only active in expert mode.

Overall not a bad suggestion, I can support.

Hmm.. I can see one problem with this, and an easy fix.

People are likely to just use their inventory to hold ammo if they're forced to pay for it. It's not a huge deal. The obvious fix would be to make the pouches a consumable like the Demon Heart, but that has the potential to be imbalanced.

My suggestion is to allow piggy banks and safes to be used for ammo consumption. So if you have 200 arrows in your inventory and 2000 in your piggy bank, the bow you have will say something like 200 (2000) or just 2200. When you fire, it will consume the ammo in your inventory first, then your piggy bank/safe.

Hmm.. I can see one problem with this, and an easy fix.

People are likely to just use their inventory to hold ammo if they're forced to pay for it. It's not a huge deal. The obvious fix would be to make the pouches a consumable like the Demon Heart, but that has the potential to be imbalanced.

My suggestion is to allow piggy banks and safes to be used for ammo consumption. So if you have 200 arrows in your inventory and 2000 in your piggy bank, the bow you have will say something like 200 (2000) or just 2200. When you fire, it will consume the ammo in your inventory first, then your piggy bank/safe.

What if Piggy banks and safes had ammo and coin slots too?

Back
Top Bottom