Rarest Pet

The Puppy is among the rarest pets as it is only obtainable during the Christmas season, being a 1/417 drop from Presents, which are a 1/13 drop from any enemy.

The sheer volume of enemies that you can defeat makes it a little more common than it can initially seem, but the short timeframe you have to actually collect Presents legitimately can make it a daunting task as 1/417 is... decidedly not in your favor.

Statistically you will find multiple Rod of Discords before you find a single Puppy.

The Bunny gains an honorable mention for requiring purchase of the Collector's Edition, but that's being pedantic.

Companian cube I guess? 1/10000 chance for traveling merchant to sell acording to the wikia

Yea, the puppy is really rare. I got one last season and I had forgotten where they came from...

I'd say the Lizard Egg (1 in 1000 chance to drop from a flying snake, which means that if you're unlucky, you'll be slaying 5000 flying snakes before you have one).

I'd say the Lizard Egg (1 in 1000 chance to drop from a flying snake, which means that if you're unlucky, you'll be slaying 5000 flying snakes before you have one).
Ah for real? Guess I got REALLY lucky getting a lizard egg, it's my Partner-In-Crime since I defeated Golem :D

what is the rarest pet in terraria?
Prob gonna be either unlucky yarn or lizard egg. Considering that the lizard egg has a 0.1% chance from lizahrds and flying snakes. The unlucky yarn has a 0.67% chance from a goodie bag, which then again, has a 1.25% drop chance from mobs.
[doublepost=1566592407,1566591883][/doublepost]
The Puppy is among the rarest pets as it is only obtainable during the Christmas season, being a 1/417 drop from Presents, which are a 1/13 drop from any enemy.

The sheer volume of enemies that you can defeat makes it a little more common than it can initially seem, but the short timeframe you have to actually collect Presents legitimately can make it a daunting task as 1/417 is... decidedly not in your favor.

Statistically you will find multiple Rod of Discords before you find a single Puppy.

The Bunny gains an honorable mention for requiring purchase of the Collector's Edition, but that's being pedantic.
Sure, 1/417 is rare, but goodie bags, with an even rarer drop rate of 1/80 have a 1/150 chance to drop the unlucky yarn. So the rare drop rate of the goodie bag itself over compensates the drop rate of the dog whistle itself.

The witch cat obtained from goodie bags should share the spot with the puppy. :p

Other than that, maybe the Dinosaur from the Amber Musquito, maybe?

Rarity is quite difficult to speculate unless you're dedicated to get it.
I could also say the Face monster pet is rare. Because I don't have much reason to fight the Brain of Cthulhu more than once.

The witch cat obtained from goodie bags should share the spot with the puppy. :p
The Unlucky Yarn is a 1/150 drop from Goodie Bags, which are a 1/80 drop rate during the halloween season. While the drop rate of getting an individual Goodie Bag is lower, the actual chance of getting the Unlucky Yarn is better on a bag-to-bag basis.

Probability is too complicated for my half-asleep brain right now.

I'd say the Dinosaur is even more rare then. It's a 1/5000 chance to drop. The only difference is it's in the extractinator, so it's slightly faster to get

I'd say the Dinosaur is even more rare then. It's a 1/5000 chance to drop. The only difference is it's in the extractinator, so it's slightly faster to get
There was a time where I'd disagree, but I haven't seen a dinosaur in ages and have been drowning in lizard eggs lately. Silly RNG.

There was a time where I'd disagree, but I haven't seen a dinosaur in ages and have been drowning in lizard eggs lately. Silly RNG.
Yea RNG is insane. First world I ever played on, I used the extractinator and got the Amber Mosquito after roughly 75-80 silt. Told my friend, and he lost his mind. I haven't gotten one legitimately since lol. I've had a couple lizard eggs. Oh and shortly after I found 2 Rod of Discords.

IMO, The black cat that comes out of goodie bags. It's summoned with the unlucky yarn, 0.66%ish drop from goodie bags.

Edit: Didn't notice someone already put that.

Back
Top Bottom