Rate my equipment

Companion Cube

Retinazer
I use vortex armor, and use the ranger emblem, avenger emblem, celestial stone, ankh shield, and vortex booster, all menacing. I use a rod of discord and sdmg

4/10

The SDMG is not a good weapon to use just by itself, you should also use weapons like the Phantasm (it actually has DPS that rivals the SDMG if you use Holy Arrows), Tsunami (walls of arrows work wonderfully and basically oneshot weaker enemies), Celebration (it's the only ranger weapon that can consistently hit through walls.), Pulse Bow (because bouncy projectiles are very good for spamming if there are no enemies onscreen but you still know they're coming), Sniper Rifle (for killing blows because of it's damage that gets even higher than the meowmere), and Snowman Cannon (homing shots). The SDMG simply isn't adaptable enough to be your only weapon.
Also:
  • The Destroyer Emblem is better than the Avenger Emblem.
  • The Sniper Scope is better than the Ranger Emblem.
  • The Ankh shield is completely useless for rangers because if you get close enough to any of enemies that can give you any of those debuffs you very obviously don't know what you're doing. Use Master Ninja Gear or Celestial Shell instead (it stacks with the Celestial Stone).
You also didn't list what ammo type you use, which just leads me to assume you're using the endless musket pouch. This is not a good thing unless you never fight bosses/invasions.
Also, I don't see a mount or grappling hook anywhere.
Plus, you don't have a sixth accessory slot from the demon heart.

Last edited:
4/10

The SDMG is not a good weapon to use just by itself, you should also use weapons like the Phantasm (it actually has DPS that rivals the SDMG if you use Holy Arrows), Tsunami (walls of arrows work wonderfully and basically oneshot weaker enemies), Celebration (it's the only ranger weapon that can consistently hit through walls.), Pulse Bow (because bouncy projectiles are very good for spamming if there are no enemies onscreen but you still know they're coming), Sniper Rifle (for killing blows because of it's damage that gets even higher than the meowmere), and Snowman Cannon (homing shots). The SDMG simply isn't adaptable enough to be your only weapon.
Also:
  • The Destroyer Emblem is better than the Avenger Emblem.
  • The Sniper Scope and Magic Quiver are both better than the Ranger Emblem. You can equip one in vanity and right click it when you need to switch.
  • The Ankh shield is completely useless for rangers because if you get close enough to any of enemies that can give you any of those debuffs you very obviously don't know what you're doing. Use Master Ninja Gear or Celestial Shell instead (it stacks with the Celestial Stone).
You also didn't list what ammo type you use, which just leads me to assume you're using the endless musket pouch. This is not a good thing unless you never fight bosses/invasions.
Also, I don't see a mount or grappling hook anywhere.

true but i would use ankh shield for just in case i got hit(i am not very good at dodging, but now that i think of it the weapon part you are right but i would rate it now 5.5 out of 10

true but i would use ankh shield for just in case i got hit(i am not very good at dodging, but now that i think of it the weapon part you are right but i would rate it now 5.5 out of 10
The thing about ranger is that you can keep your distance so easily that most people wouldn't get inflicted by the enemies which inflict the debuffs the ankh shield protects against, 95% of which do so by walking/flying towards you slowly, and giving you plenty of warning (especially for a player with post moon lord gear)

I can understand getting inflicted with electrified, obstructed, distorted, and On Fire!, but the ankh shield protects against NONE of these.

The thing about ranger is that you can keep your distance so easily that most people wouldn't get inflicted by the enemies which inflict the debuffs the ankh shield protects against, 95% of which do so by walking/flying towards you slowly, and giving you plenty of warning (especially for a player with post moon lord gear)

yes but assuming you are fighting hordes of enemies you can get overwhelmed, but you have a point i will give you that

yes but assuming you are fighting hordes of enemies you can get overwhelmed, but you have a point i will give you that
Can you even name a situation where a horde of enemies can even inflict the debuffs the ankh shield protects against? Let alone a horde of enemies you can't just fly straight up and spam your guns down on?

I use vortex armor, and use the ranger emblem, avenger emblem, celestial stone, ankh shield, and vortex booster, all menacing. I use a rod of discord and sdmg
I would say 6/10, but isn’t the Avenger Emblem a melee item? And, you should have your stuff Warding for that defense boost. The SDMG would need some good ammo to do much of anything good without hitting every time. But since your a ranger, you did good by understanding that Vortex armor is the best for ranged.

Since every person's play style is different, I think it's best you rate your own equipment. ;)
Looks good though. I wouldn't use a shield, but to each their own.

The Ankh Shield does nothing to protect you from that.
XjrAQjO.png

But as previously stated most of these debuffs aren't much of a threat, we need a new item that can protect against more damaging debuffs.

Back
Top Bottom