Rate the Weapon: Day Thirteen - Fetid Baghnakhs

How often do you use Fetid Baghnakhs in your playthroughs?

• 1 - Never

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • 2 - Rarely - The resources are too limited, or the time it's useful is too short.

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • 3 - Sometimes - If I have the resources to spare

Votes: 9 20.0%
  • 4 - Often - It makes progression easier, but skippable

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 5 - Most Games - It's great to have, but not worth ten hours to get.

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • 6 - Always - I will build a farm for this if I have to. I'm not progressing without it.

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters

Ami

Terrarian
Inspired by another topic, it occurs to me that many of us think weapons are bad or unusable, simply because we know what we like. But, do we know what we DON'T like? What's a worthy investment of your time and resources? In the case of polls which have multiple items bunched together, such as the ore swords, pick only the best one. If you love silver sword, but think iron sword is a waste of the bars, vote as if this were a poll for silver sword. I'll be logging these in a spreadsheet and making a compilation of which items users think are good, bad, OP, or a waste of space.
If they're bad, what would make them better? Lower cost? Autoswing? Projectiles? Different attack animation?
If they're OP, what would make them balanced?

Day Thirteen: Fetid Baghnakhs

An immensely strong weapon, and one of the very few reasons you'd opt for a crimson world over a corruption one. One of the only weapons that prefers the LIGHT modifier over legendary, with the capability to increase your swing speed to a single frame. This guy, when coupled with cross necklace and cobalt shield, has the capability of allowing you to stand in place and engage in a slugfest with plantera, golem, or destroyer.

That said, I'm not much a fan of the weapon. In hardcore, I prefer defense + avoiding to offense + speed. In speed runs, it's not worth farming crimson mimics to get a weapon that fills the same niche as stormbow. If it falls into my lap, I may play with it, but I'd certainly never go out of my way for it.

Early Hardmode items
Day 12 - Daedalus Stormbow - 4.78 (19 votes) - this guy probably needs a nerf. People intentionally go out of their way to not use it, as it makes progression too easy.
Day 11 - Nimbus Rod - 4.47 - (19 votes)

Pre-Hardmode items
Day 7 - Pistols - 4.14 - (34 votes)
Day 4 - Yoyos - 4.00 - (12 votes)
Day 8 - Covered in BEES! - 3.72 - (22 votes)
Day 5 - Boomerangs - 3.44 - (18 votes)
Day 2 - Ore Bows - 3.53 - (26 votes)
Day 3 - Grenades - 3.37 - (24 votes)
Day 10 - Gem Staves - 2.86 - (23 votes)
Day 9 - Throwing knife/shuriken family - 2.5 (16 votes)
Day 1 - Ore Swords - 2.45 - (22 votes) - Everyone agrees these are not very good, but have no idea how to improve them.
Day 6 - Flails - 2.04 - (24 votes)

Last edited:
An absolete tool for Plantera. In fact, it's quite risky to use, but if you have some key items, this weapon will give you fast Plantera kills.

Very fun weapon. The epitome of "hold my drink" gameplay, with knockback immunity it allows you to charge into a large target's face and hope it dies before you do.

Special mention goes out to its ability to do enough damage to skip Duke Fishron's third phase in expert mode if you get in on it soon enough.

I went with 2 only because I've never tried getting it and/or using them. It's not really a pain to get them, but I've never found a use. Sure if you use some tanky melee armor and accessories, as well as some buffs, you can rip through literally anything that comes your way.

I only chose 2 because that's me, but I find it can be useful in certain situations.

Also, what owuld be nice, instead of having to search through the threads, is having links to all previous threads in each thread. All you'd have to do each time you make a new one is copy and paste the text and add the new one.

It's a fun weapon for sure, the only reason I don't normally use it is because I rarely play melee. And when I do, half the time the world isn't crimson.

As a player who rolls Corruption Worlds a majority of the time on World Generation, I haven't been able to play around as much with the Crimson Weapons, with the Fetid Baghnakhs being one of them.

It's mainly that I haven't tried using them yet and I'm not sure how well they will fit my playstyle, which involves me constantly moving/dodging around enemies and bosses. Getting super close up to enemies and risking taking heavy damage is something that goes against my instincts which is the main reason I haven't used them. I may try to use them in a new playthrough one day.

I freaking love this weapon. I got it early Hardmode and it literally took until after I did the Lunar Events for me to retire it. I would have loved to have it in my Expert playthrough that I'm doing with a friend, but we made a Corruption world.

I've had a lot of Corruption worlds this time, so I'm going for 3 - sometimes.

However, it's an amazing tanking weapon. If you just can survive some time, it allows you to deal extreme damage considering it's an early-Hardmode weapon.

Sounds hilarious combined with maximum defense, just stand around scratching and flailing like an angry cat. Haven't got one yet myself, but in theory it seems great. I have a habit of facetanking constantly so I'd probably use these myself if my main wasn't ranged. I should probably stop facetanking with a ranged character.

If it was compared to the Daedalus, I'd say Baghnakhs are generally better underground while Daedalus overground, because the cramped space means enemies aren't going to be moving as much as they would up top. Also Daedalus arrows tend to not work out when you're 300ft below sea level.

If I happen across one Pre-Destroyer, I'll use it on the destroyer itself and occasionally on other select enemies.

I don't go out of my way to get them, however. If I see a Crimson Mimic, I'm more wanting a Dart Pistol than I am the Baghnakhs.

You don't need to dodge bosses if they are killed in 10 seconds. For me, it's a must-have on melee playthroughs (if the world has Crimson of course), and unlike the Stormbow, the Fetid Baghnakhs acually offer some risk of getting in the face of bosses like Plantera.

What makes it kind of OP is the fact that the very first armor you get after the mechanicals increase the melee speed by nearly 20%, and since you need a Crimson world to get the Baghnakhs, you will also get flasks of Ichor to get even more damage.

A fun weapon for sure with a tanky setup, but in all honesty is a weapon you need to set up to use with an all-defence setup. It can absolutely destroy any enemies that may happen to get close to you, and watching numbers fly out of enemies is a joy. But, most of the time I don't go out of my way to make a tank, therefore this weapon gets a 3.

Back
Top Bottom