Razer Chroma Support

*Recently got a Corsair instead of a Razer for Christmas because my friend told me Razer is bad*
W-who do I believe?
I have a Corsair myself and know someone who has a Razer, and I can tell you getting a Corsair was a good choice.

Anyway, this seems a little gimmicky to me. I like it, and it would be awesome if they'd work on this for Corsair as well, however I hope they don't focus too much time on this sorta stuff, as I'd rather see more solid additions to the game rather than these sort of things.
[doublepost=1495949781,1495949453][/doublepost]
I have a Corsair myself and know someone who has a Razer, and I can tell you getting a Corsair was a good choice.
Awesome! My ladyfriend just got a Chroma, and I've been looking at one myself.

Despite what some people have said, this feature announcement completely made her day. :)
Get a Corsair.

Hello Terrarians!

To add to our recent streak of spoilers, we'd like to share that 1.3.6 will bring full Razer Chroma Support! It is pretty glorious :)

Will there be new colors for entering Lizahrd Temples/Ocean/Dungeon? Also, will this setting be able to be altered in the Controls setting?

I would suggest, if the developers are going the whole hog with this, a nice touch might be if the keyboard were to flash red if, say, the player's HP dropped below 20% of their max. Just a thought.

I'm sure most people love this design and this feature, but it isn't so impressive when you don't get to have it yourself. It also seems pretty useless, I mean I don't play Terraria while looking down on my keyboard.

To those who are asking, this most likely will not be compatible with any keyboards other than Razer keyboards.

The reason.

As far as I'm aware, no other company has a dev API for their rgb platform. Razer has a fully implemented dev program that makes the dev process for chroma enabled apps faster and easier.

OMFG.png

Too bad I don't have a Razer Chroma.

I wonder if this will support chroma sync, so the new Hardware Development Kit, the Firefly mouse mat, and Razer Mice also can light up in the same profiles as the keyboards.

I don't know if this has already been asked and answered before, but, will Razer mice also be supported? I have the Razer Naga Chroma.

Pretty much just a question to the devs that won't get answered, but hey.

Have you exposed the stats related to this at all? Like letting any other application read which biome you are in, how much health you have etc? I ask because if you did, I'm sure the community would make this compatible with anything rgb, but it would also enable a lot of creativity for the customisation - letting people customise it (as a single setup wont work for everyone :p)

I'm not a dev, but I'll attempt to answer.

I'm fairly sure that they've used the Razor SDK to implement this, and so it only supports those specific Razor devices. I think users can further customize their setup through the Razor client profile interface.

For other products (Corsair et al.) - if there were existing SDKs that could be used for them, then that might be an option for the future. I don't think it's in the plans to build a homegrown SDK that could potentially be used by a variety of products. I also don't see an industry standard SDK emerging anytime soon.

I'm not a dev, but I'll attempt to answer.

I'm fairly sure that they've used the Razor SDK to implement this, and so it only supports those specific Razor devices. I think users can further customize their setup through the Razor client profile interface.

For other products (Corsair et al.) - if there were existing SDKs that could be used for them, then that might be an option for the future. I don't think it's in the plans to build a homegrown SDK that could potentially be used by a variety of products. I also don't see an industry standard SDK emerging anytime soon.
There actually IS a Corsair SDK as well, and many programs utilise it already. AFAIK most RGB solutions offer their respecting SDKs, so why single out Razor? As a Corsair keyboard user I have to say that this is outrageous. :)

Back
Top Bottom