Other Re-enabling numeric colour values during character creation

Juan

Terrarian
Hey everyone,

do some of you remember that in older versions (prior 1.2), whenever you created a character, colour attributes would be given out as a number from 0 to 255 next to the scroll bar?

Starting from 1.2 you now have more options for choosing a specific colour (including saturation and brightness), but lack any values. Choices in colour options are more difficult to compare, since you can't accurately repeat the choice you've done on a scroll bar without fixation points or values. If there was a displayed numeric value for every colour aspect, it would be much easier to save, share and apply character designs in text form. You could possibly even enter desired numbers from a template to speed up character creation.

This is just a minor thing for comfort and sharing options, but something I've been missing dearly from 1.1.

I remember from 1.1 (when I started playing Terraria) the old color values.

For this to work best however, it would be best to offer this traditional option alongside the current option so that everyone can choose which way they want to set the color values for their characters. This is just my opinion since both the old and current ways have features that may appeal to some people, but not as much with others.

Heck, perhaps a combination of the two could also work where you still have the bar options, but can also set the values by entering in numbers which are next to the Color and Saturation/Brightness bars. That seems to be how many image editing/painting program options allow users to handle colors, I could see it working for Terraria Character Creation as well.

Heck, perhaps a combination of the two could also work where you still have the bar options, but can also set the values by entering in numbers which are next to the Color and Saturation/Brightness bars. That seems to be how many image editing/painting program options allow users to handle colors, I could see it working for Terraria Character Creation as well.

Yep, that's what I'm talking about.
Old 1.1 had the scroll bar, but always displayed a number next to it, just so you could remember or note down your choice.

Back
Top Bottom