1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, May 29, 2019.

1. |.Terrarian.|

|.Terrarian.| Skeletron

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Personally I don't care about inventory management, its just not a real issue right now (at least for me). Increasing stack sizes to 9999 is ridiculous...one thing is having more use for chest slots...but that's way too far. You'd be able to finish Terraria way too fast that way taking out a nice chunk of playability :eek:
    If anything I'd suggest a chest that is maybe 3 blocks wide that has 2 more rows, that'd be nice and also makes them able to fit in something other than a 2 wide space.
    If you guys want such out-there ideas such as infinite storage and 9999 stacks, there are mods for it. :p

2. Gustone

Gustone Eye of Cthulhu

Make the doors able to be placed without a block above them

Quackinton and moffically like this.
  3. Ezy777

Ezy777 Terrarian

I am 100% looking forward to your new title and the update! HYPE:pinky:
    (Still hope for vanilla god mode?)

Quackinton and Gustone like this.
  4. Lord Donovan

Lord Donovan Official Terrarian

I'm really not so certain that inventory limits are the only way to encourage players to build a base, the added danger of night time monsters alone is a great incentive to build a place to hunker down for the night. That's sure what caused me to first start building, and well before I was running out of inventory space at all no less. And while the game clearly does expect the player to build proper houses for NPCs, I don't really think the design cares one bit whether those homes are centralized or spread out all around the map. Sure, getting enough NPCs in one place suppresses spawns, but that doesn't matter as far as population or accessing individual NPC services go, it just makes things more convenient. I diverge on a few other points as well, but in any case, I don't really agree that tightly limited inventory management is the glue that holds the Terraria experience together. However, I do appreciate your thoughtful response either way. You may see the inventory matter differently than I do, but it's clear you've given it a lot of thought as well.

With that said, I would absolutely be 100% happy with your final suggestion of making increased stack sizes, expanded player character inventory space, and larger chests into things that you earn with progression. (It's even what I've loooooong intended to do if I ever had the resources to make my own dream explory-buildy game.) Rewarding exploration with upgrades are what make progressing through games fun, and it makes perfect sense to increase the player's inventory capacity as they progress in the game and encounter more and more things to store. Terraria's already sort of done this in that stack sizes have been increased here and there over time and player/chest storage has already been expanded once already, the problem is that those increases haven't even come close to matching the rate at which additional items have been added to deal with. (And I know some people hate comparing Terraria to Minecraft, but its updates have always had the exact same problem of more stuff, same inventory space.) Way back at release inventory wasn't nearly the hassle it was now - your character's inventory space was proportionally closer to the amount of things that existed, and a few chests were plenty for a base. Adding inventory upgrades to progression would be a great way to make your carrying capacity expand as the amount of things to carry expands, and make for more of the most exciting discoveries: Permanent character upgrades. I've always thought Terraria didn't have enough of those anyway.

And as long as I'm ranting about making dealing with all the stuff in Terraria easier, how about having two hot bars you can swap between at the press of a button. That way one could be focused and weaponry and such, and one could be focused on building materials, reducing the hassle of swapping said stuff in and out every time you want to switch between exploration/combat time and the sort of elaborate building when you're placing many different types of materials, furniture, etc. Random Blood Moons/Eclipses interrupting base building would be so much less annoying that way, if nothing else.

Finally, on a very different note, fingers still crossed on a pressure plate that's activated exclusively by pressing down while standing on it. You know, like you do to fall through platforms. That'd be more convenient that clicking on switches, (especially in combat situations,) while still allowing for teleporters that aren't activated simply by running across them. That's been on my wish list for multiple updates now, and I wouldn't think it'd be all that complicated to implement.

5. I am not crying you are crying

Quackinton, Unit One and Tunnel King like this.
  6. Warper

Warper Terrarian

I am going to miss getting big updates, but I am exited to see what the devs do next.

Quackinton likes this.
  7. NBRI

NBRI Eye of Cthulhu

Does this mean Otherworld might come back?

8. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

No

9. HV

HV Skeletron Prime

That's the last Terraria update?

10. Airarret

Airarret Terrarian

It's the last planned major update.

There may still be further updates to fix bugs or add some minor features. And they may still change their mind at a later date, though don't hold out too much hope for this.

11. Hilariouskiyu

Hilariouskiyu Terrarian

Finnaly! (not in a rude way).
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 25, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 25, 2019 ---
    Please just one more boss it dosent even have to be major!
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 25, 2019 ---
    Lol I don't know how to get mods on Xbox...

12. PsiPJ

PsiPJ Terrarian

This is so exciting, I cant wait to get my hands on it. I hope that Terraria 2 is the decided project, it feels strange seeing such a fantastic game reach it's finish line.

13. Exodus Starlit

Exodus Starlit Dungeon Spirit

Console,mobile, .... users can't get mods unlike in PC version for oblivious reasons, console and mobile users have different Terraria version and other reasons developers answereed already.

InstaFiz likes this.
  14. Cyberra

Cyberra Skeletron Prime

Console makers won't allow mods. They say it would "encourage hacking of the system" and they have to "protect their proprietary software" and a great steaming heap of other such crap. Some games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim special edition have mods included on the disk, but only mods carefully selected and approved by the console makers. Never gonna happen with Terraria

15. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Mechanic

... you mean none of you built a base because it was a convenient place to put all your crafting tables so you could craft things without being attacked by zombies? Even if you had unlimited inventory space it'd be a pain in the :red: to have to dig around in your inventory to grab your forge or your anvil every time you wanted to make new armor. That's just ridiculous.

|.Terrarian.| likes this.
  16. Yvori

Yvori Terrarian

Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE actually do have full normal mod support on Xbox in addition to the Creation Club's "curated" mods. The only thing that is missing is SKSE/F4SE support since the script extenders need to replace base files and that's not kosher for consoles. PS4 on the other hand doesn't allow any new assets so its support is very limited except for Creation Club.

But yeah, as tModLoader is a 3rd party application that needs to replace the exe like what the Bethesda game Script Extenders do, chances of mod support on consoles are small to none unless Re-Logic comes out with an official API.

17. Michael18751

Michael18751 Spazmatism

I'm talking about bug fixes.

18. Omega Derpling

Omega Derpling Spazmatism

The 3ds physically cannot fit ANY more data then it already has with the ram available on that system, INCLUDING bugfixes

19. ArcticDino

ArcticDino Terrarian

I really hope this update finally brings back Ocram. And seeing how this is seemingly the last update then this is the perfect time to bring him back.

20. Omega Derpling

Omega Derpling Spazmatism

Nope the devs have repeatedly said they don't like ocram. Get the 3ds, WiiU, PS3, or XB360 version if you want to fight the blatantly resprited eye of cthulhu with lazers (tm)