1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, May 29, 2019.

1. A.K

A.K Terrarian

I really love it ! thank you all made for this great update !

Quackinton likes this.
  2. GAMINGPEA_64

GAMINGPEA_64 Skeletron Prime

Thank you so much for taking us on this incredible adventure for 8 years. If theres ever a way i can re-pay you, please tell me.

Quackinton likes this.
  3. espiru

espiru Official Terrarian

Means this that there will be mod's support in-game ???

PD.- HYPE !!!!!!!!!

Quackinton and GAMINGPEA_64 like this.
  4. AlphaEspeon

AlphaEspeon Skeletron Prime

Is there an ETA on the launch date?

Quackinton likes this.
  5. AvroVulcan

AvroVulcan Terrarian

Shame to see the game development ending, but the update looks awesome and I look forward to playing it!

Quackinton likes this.
  6. True Excalibur

True Excalibur Terrarian

Wait... so does this mean that the already upcoming PC update will take longer?

Quackinton likes this.
  7. So is this the last update? The forum post and name makes it seem final, but it was introduced at E3 as penultimate...which would imply one more

Quackinton likes this.
  8. Jofairden

Jofairden Golem

I guess the modding community should take it as a complement, seeing this many of the modding community's additions become part of the base game should be a great honor. Proven by modded, adapted by the real deal. That's what I'll make of it anyways.

I'm still curious why it was called the " penultimate " update during the E3 reveal but it's stated as final here, any answers on that?

9. CrashNix

CrashNix Terrarian

This is the most hype I've had this year. Absolutely better than slopes in Super Mario Maker 2 or open worlds in Pokemon!

Quackinton likes this.
  10. qwuzzy

qwuzzy Terrarian

You know Reddit is gonna be smacked with tons of golf posts when this update drops.

Quackinton and SkeletalDestroyr like this.
  11. Oleg34518

Oleg34518 Official Terrarian

It sure has been a really long time, I remember when I first discovered Terraria in 2014, it was sizable, but nowhere near what it is now.
    Over the years, I have watched Terraria grow, becoming bigger and better, and yet something felt off, some items where forgotten or left behind.
    But not anymore, from what I see, this will rebuild everything in Terraria, one final update...
    I feel kind of sad, but happy at the same time, the wait was long, so much has changed, but here we are.

I'll be waiting, I wish you the best of luck Re-Logic, you have created a legendary title that will surely pass the test of time.
    Ok, I'm starting to cry...

Quackinton and Owen Healy like this.
  12. qwuzzy

qwuzzy Terrarian

...Before the end of the year.

Quackinton likes this.
  13. Joost8910

Joost8910 Dungeon Spirit

It's hype to see this, but also a bit sad to see this being the last major update. There are many cool suggestions in the forums I'd love to see make it into the base game. Mainly the stuff like Tobbvald's Tinkering and similar for many different ways the world can have alternates. These things could make their ways as mods but having them in the base game would be much nicer for compatibility reasons.

Hang on, people are saying that it was called penultimate at E3 but final here. Still hope for something big afterwards or were you just referring to small stuff and bug fixes?

EDIT: Loki clarified penultimate was a mistakenly chosen word.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  14. coffeemancer

coffeemancer Terrarian

Last time they said they're done with Terraria, they came back :p

Looks like an amazing update and I doubt there will never be a 1.5 or 1.4.almost5

Quackinton and GAMINGPEA_64 like this.
  15. Lord Garak

Lord Garak Retinazer

I'm really concerned about "Master Mode". If it's just doubling the stats again I think it will be the opposite of fun- we already saw a player get essentially one-shotted by Moonlord in the trailer, a boss which is already criticized for having too many cheap attacks.

Quackinton, Dragrath, Ander and 9 others like this.
  16. TheDarknessSoldier

TheDarknessSoldier Ice Queen

Kinda sad to see Terraria end, but I'm glad a second game will be coming, whether or not it is another Terraria game (to be honest I hope it is another Terraria title, but we'll see what it is), but I can't wait what this update gives us.

Quick Question:
    Will "creative mode" be in 1.4?

17. Chimel

Chimel Terrarian

I really hope Master Mode will have new content and not just stats buff, but i'm insanely hyped!!!

18. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Mechanic

A couple of important questions!

1. Do we have new early-game summoner armors? I want to be able to do a summoner-only run which currently can't be done since you at least have to kill the Queen Bee first to get your earliest summoning armor set. You can potentially get a Slime Staff earlier, but HAHAHA not likely.

2. ... world-wrap? 8D

Quackinton likes this.
  19. Izzabelle

Izzabelle Lunatic Cultist

I'd like to echo this concern as well.

Lasting fun comes from Dynamic Difficulty. Not Static Difficulty. Example:

Static Difficulty: Increased numbers. More damage. More health.

Dynamic Difficulty: New mechanics. New patterns.

Eventually, the only thing increasing numbers does is increase frustrations.

20. ASG_102

ASG_102 The Destroyer

I knew it would be 1.4 with all the content that will be added, I can't wait for this update to be released. And that Master mode.... I still have trouble with Expert mode :dryadsad:
    I sure hope it's more like Revengeance in calamity, new mechanics but health is not really increased by much over expert. I also kinda hope they slightly Nerf expert mode, perhaps reduced the double health and damage to 1.5x instead of 2x.