Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been 2 years.
Maybe check your math? This announcement was made at the end of May last year. That's about 8 months.

As with all past PC releases, a specific date has not and will not be announced until it is imminent (typically within a few days). There is no estimate or date at this time; when it's ready, an announcement will be made.

Maybe check your math? This announcement was made at the end of May last year. That's about 8 months.

As with all past PC releases, a specific date has not and will not be announced until it is imminent (typically within a few days). There is no estimate or date at this time; when it's ready, an announcement will be made.
Ah, right. Thanks for clearing that up for me `:D

I meant since the begining of 1.3.6 as it is the same thing as 1.4. I see how it could confuse.

Last edited:
I guess it does make sense to release the SOTG at the end of the month, because it’s about what they did in that month. If it were early, there would still be some stuff that was left out that month.

"Maybe check your math?" The next update containing new content was scheduled for September, 2017.

"As with all past PC releases, a specific date has not and will not be announced until it is imminent (typically within a few days)." No? It was estimated for September, 2017. Then "sometime in 2018," "sometime in 2019" after that, and now "sorry everyone, but we're pushing it back to 2020."

"There is no estimate ... at this time" No? Directly from Loki in his SotG, Nov. 2019: "we have made the tough call to push the Journey's End release date into 2020." Not a very precise estimate, but that's why it's called an estimate, after all.

We're less than 25 days away from the next update containing new content being 2.5 years late. The fact that they branded the update with a name in May, 2019 doesn't change the fact that they've been teasing it over and over and over again, and setting estimated release dates for it over and over again, since 2017, with the first estimate for its release being September, 2017, before they decided, "Wait, let's add & fix just a few more things... And a few more... And a few more... And..."

Even if we abided by the logic that "Actually, the next major update that's coming, at the absolute soonest, in 2020, and the one proposed between Sep. 2017 and 2019, are 2 completely different updates because they contain differences from one another," then every single time they add a new item, fix a new bug, etc, it changes the update from what it was going to be into something completely new, thus invalidating any and all comparisons between its current state and any prior descriptions & promises of features & bug fixes that would be included in it... This stance, obviously, is questionable at best, like adding one strawberry to the top of a cake already covered in strawberries, and calling it a brand new cake that has nothing to do with its previous form.

The Ship of Theseus conundrum comes to mind, but since the frame of the update/"ship" is still the same, with a large number of things added onto the frame: yes, it's still the same update/"ship."

Gosh, this looks amazing.

I'm kinda tearing up. I've played this game most of my childhood, and is my all time favorite.

Thank you, devs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom