Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, May 29, 2019.

1. Skeltinon

Skeltinon Steampunker

Yup I noticed that. Its all nice features; I like them. I just want that official confirmation in the future `:)

2. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

Oh yeah,a bsolutely it'd be awesome if modding support were added.

Hopefully Re-Logic and tModLoader got together and worked things out because IIRC, tMod is still 1 update behind (no Grand Design, boooooooooooooo)

Thomas 2 and Skeltinon like this.
  3. quake84

quake84 Skeletron Prime

So after "Journey's End" there will be no content updates and only bug fixes?
    Is there going to be anything for modders & multiplayer servers added as a "finishing touch" now that nothing else will occupy the priority pyramid, or will it be left as is with only fixes to the worst offenders?

Renerte likes this.
  4. hunt2man

hunt2man Terrarian

Knowing this is gonna be one of the last, if not the last big update for Terraria makes me sad. But I'm also excited for the future.

Blue_M4ge likes this.
  5. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

Definitely sounds like they are trying to end it with a BANG.

800+ new items?

Jeez.

6. KarateF22

KarateF22 Terrarian

Just wanted to hop in to say thanks for the amazing game. It is, of course, sad to reach our... "Journey's End" (huehuehue) but its been a journey well worth undertaking. I look forward to anything else you guys cook up, especially if its something like Terraria 2, in the future.

Unit One likes this.
  7. hunt2man

hunt2man Terrarian

Is 800+ the most they've added in one update, or does that go to 1.3?

8. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

THere's also the fact that with this much content.... yeah, sure, it's called "Journey's End" and this is the last major content update... but 1.3 gave us how long again, at least 2 years of fun? 2020 and people will still be having fun with Terraria, and that's without modding.

9. LordZeta1313

LordZeta1313 Terrarian

Updating obsolete content huh,

Mechanical BoC anyone?

SkeletalDestroyr likes this.
  10. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

800+ new items in 1.4 alone. *points to the announcement post where they said 800+ items in this coming update*

11. MSI

MSI Terrarian

This actually brought a tear to my eye. This is a game i never wanted to end. I really hope to see another terraria title.

12. windfisch

windfisch Terrarian

With all the new items, my main concern at the moment is storage space :)
    Unfortunately i already am at chest limit on my storage world, so i really hope they increase that limit by far, or introduce a new endgame method of (infinite?) storage.

13. Batby

Batby Terrarian

These are not mods, they are official additions to the game, Confirmed by Yoraiz0r.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 10, 2019, Original Post Date: Jun 10, 2019 ---
    This already exists.

14. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

That's what I meant; they took some things out of mods and stuck them in the baseline game.

15. Batby

Batby Terrarian

Current modding support would be way nicer than something like the Steam Workshop.

16. Yvori

Yvori Terrarian

I... I have no words. Re-Logic, you've once again come out with something far more than any of us could have expected. Just like every update, yet somehow you always manage to surprise with an amazing abundance of care and attention to detail, new fun items, and QoL features none of us even considered. You guys truly are the cream of the crop of Indie devs (Honestly is this even Indie at this point? I suppose so.) And it has to be one of my biggest pleasures to have been along with this ride since briefly before the 1.2 days. Seeing this game evolve, and with every major update, becoming something I love more and more, still to this day being one of the games I manage to come back to over and over and over without fail, and have an amazing amount of fun each time. This game has been a blessing, and I can't wait to see what Re-Logic has in store for us next! Kudos to you all! You've really put a dent in gaming history with this game, and I only hope that it continues to grow even as development finally slows (for real this time).

Sounds a tad like you need to do some spring cleaning. Vanilla Terraria shouldn't have enough items to completely fill the max number of chests with 1 stack of each.

17. ZippyLingo

ZippyLingo Terrarian

HYPEEEEEE!
    Are there going to be any optimizations to the game to allow it to run better with all of this new content?
    The update looks f*ckin sick guys, as someone who's been playing since before 1.1, I'm proud to see how far this game has come!

18. Keegerwocky

Keegerwocky Terrarian

Me refusing to let Terraria be over:

If your going to begin development on your next title, what if you revived Terraria: Otherworld?

19. ASG_102

ASG_102 The Destroyer

1.2 is the record holder, with over 1000 items.

20. Chips

Chips The Destroyer

Oh my god, a final update for Terraria? I'm so hyped, although I was looking forward to seeing that new furniture sooner than later. I''l wait if I need to though, because this is worth it.