1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Discussion in 'PC - Re-Logic' started by Loki, May 29, 2019.

1. Fluffly

Fluffly Terrarian

This music is so beautiful, I hope it makes it into the game, and I love the addition of the Bestiary into Terraria, it will definitely give me a reason to complete the game.

I can't wait to see all the new customization in action, along with the swaying trees and falling leaves, wind fx and etcetera. This is definitely the biggest one yet, I think it's a perfect way to "End the Journey", real good job Re-Logic, can't wait to play it really, I was very excited when I saw all this news today. :pinky:

2. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

Well I doubt they'd feature the music in the update spoilers if it weren't going to actually appear in the update. That would seem a bit silly.

3. LetsTryTheForums

LetsTryTheForums Terrarian

I love the graveyard mini-biome. Was hoping they'd do a "Night of the living dead" type event, but meh...

4. BrendanatorX

BrendanatorX Terrarian

64x Terraria please! It could help the game and the modding community to continue to enjoy this lovely game!

Yvori likes this.
  5. Rough Draft

Rough Draft Golem

Absolutely nobody is mentioning the giant crumbling moon icon in the upper right of the player's inventory during the desert bit, and it's driving me batty. What IS that?

6. TriggerSteam

TriggerSteam Official Terrarian

"Journeys End"... "do not plan to tackle additional updates"... I feared this day was coming, but I NEVER expected it to come so soon

7. LetsTryTheForums

LetsTryTheForums Terrarian

It's one of the new features being added in this update, which is a reminder about the next achievement you're working towards, in this players case, the "Smashing, poppet" achievement.

8. Freckles

Freckles Slime Collector

This both fills me with joy and brings a tear to my eye. Cheers for the ride fellas.

9. many mixed emotions at the moment. On one hand the update sounds awesome, on the other I am sad to hear the end of terraria updates. Still, glad Relogic is continuing and the modding community is gonna be around for a while, it's been fun, can't wait to see what comes next.

SkeletalDestroyr likes this.
  10. ahamling27

ahamling27 Official Terrarian

This sounds perfect. I can't wait. Definitely making a 99 hole mini golf course. Whoop whoop!

11. SteveTV1234

SteveTV1234 Skeletron Prime

I've been with this game for quite a few years, and it has become my favorite game of all time. Seeing that the final major update is coming out so soon, it's a bit saddening. Thank you Relogic, for your continued support and development of Terraria. Terraria will always hold a special place in my heart.

Unit One likes this.
  12. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

Nothing to be sad about everyone - no one is dying, and Terraria will remain vibrant with what it has... and whatever you all create to go with it.

At some point, we have to start our second project - we are not a massive, 300-person studio. We are 10 people, give or take, and it only makes sense and will only be what it could be with all hands on deck.

Given your amazing support over the years, we are confident that you all will come along on this journey with us as well. :)

Dragrath, Smeik, Alucard3598 and 6 others like this.
  13. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I know I absolutely want to continue to be part of the journey to come as well. This may be the final update for Terraria, but it doesn't mean Terraria is ending in any way. Instead it will forever become the ultimate game it can be and I know I'll continue to play it the rest of my life.

I'm very interested in the next chapter of Re-Logic's game development journey and Terraria will get the final update it deserves to make it great, so you guys can focus on the next game!

14. Xylia

Xylia Terrarian

I think I said earlier in this thread or was that a discord channel.... 1.3 gave us how much fun again? at least 2-3 years? I'm sure with all the stuff that's in 1.4 .... we'll get at least 2 years out of this. In 2020 we'll still be playing Terraria and who knows maybe by 2020 the next Re-Logic game will be announced by then and we'll be eagerly awaiting it.

That, and who knows what the modmakers will do with some of the stuff that 1.4 is adding.

That is... once tML gets updated to include 1.4.......

Yvori likes this.
  15. Omega Derpling

Omega Derpling Spazmatism

oh god tML is gonna take so long to update...
    Maybe if I just don't update my backups of the game files I'll be able to still play it...

16. Kiddles

Kiddles The Destroyer

I first started Terraria with 1.1 when I was 24, and at a time where 1.2 wasn't even planned. I thought that would be it, and the game captivated me for hundreds of hours in that state alone! With 1.2, I added over 1k hours, and another 600 with 1.3. Sadly, now that I'm in my 30s, grinding at school and finally have my foot in the tech industry, I seldom have time to play video games. But to this day, I have still played Terraria more than ANY other game!

There's always a feeling of melancholy when something so good comes to and end. But even though development for Terraria will be ending soon, I can still always return to do so much more than I could when I first started playing. It's been an amazing journey folks, and I'm excited to start the next one!

Here's to the future!

Cheers!

Techdude594 and Unit One like this.
  17. Exodus Starlit

Exodus Starlit Dungeon Spirit

I don't think I will like like a Master mode, I don't even know how you willl be ble to activate a master mode. Will it be unlocked after defeatig Moonlord in Expert mode?

I hope master mode will don't have a new items and equipment, I think expert mode is good enough for it. I really liked they didn't give us achievement like defeating bosses in expert mode, it would be so punishing to many players.

I somehow kinda feel that master mode is a result of Calamity mod fanbase. I know is prpropably don't have anythianything to do with it.

And what I liked about customation before 1.2 was that you could see colour number value and +\- symbols, 1.2 made it faster to choose cocolours but at cost of colour pick accuracy and making every piece of clclothing totally same colour.
    I am still surprised they didn't implemented it again.

InstaFiz likes this.
  18. Ander

Ander Terrarian

Thanks for the update but now I'm bummed out

19. Darkblane257

Darkblane257 Steampunker

I don't know when 1.4 update, because I am so ready to play! :happy:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Unit One likes this.
  20. The Real Bryan

The Real Bryan Skeletron

Moon lord is pretty simple in Expert Mode for me now, but Master Mode? My body is totally ready to suffer in many different horrific ways! Also good job on creating the Blood Nautilus miniboss, devs! The cephalopod actually looks pretty cute (and murderous) to me! ~:D

EDIT: Oof, I just realized after looking back at the video, I saw something that caught the corner of my eye...
    D00BE26F-2881-4436-A4F4-E1746409D16B.jpeg
    A turtle at the very right side on the water! A pleasure to see one! ~:)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Dragrath, Techdude594, Yvori and 2 others like this.