Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you look closely at the various things in the trailer, you'll note several features that were mods are now in the baseline game, such as boss HP meters on the bottom of the screen.

And of course the bestiary. It'd be nice if we also had some sort of crafting list with a similar interface so we didn't have to show the Guide items.
Yup I noticed that. Its all nice features; I like them. I just want that official confirmation in the future `:)

Yup I noticed that. Its all nice features; I like them. I just want that official confirmation in the future `:)

Oh yeah,a bsolutely it'd be awesome if modding support were added.

Hopefully Re-Logic and tModLoader got together and worked things out because IIRC, tMod is still 1 update behind (no Grand Design, boooooooooooooo)

So after "Journey's End" there will be no content updates and only bug fixes?
Is there going to be anything for modders & multiplayer servers added as a "finishing touch" now that nothing else will occupy the priority pyramid, or will it be left as is with only fixes to the worst offenders?

Just wanted to hop in to say thanks for the amazing game. It is, of course, sad to reach our... "Journey's End" (huehuehue) but its been a journey well worth undertaking. I look forward to anything else you guys cook up, especially if its something like Terraria 2, in the future.

THere's also the fact that with this much content.... yeah, sure, it's called "Journey's End" and this is the last major content update... but 1.3 gave us how long again, at least 2 years of fun? 2020 and people will still be having fun with Terraria, and that's without modding.

This actually brought a tear to my eye. This is a game i never wanted to end. I really hope to see another terraria title.

With all the new items, my main concern at the moment is storage space :)
Unfortunately i already am at chest limit on my storage world, so i really hope they increase that limit by far, or introduce a new endgame method of (infinite?) storage.

Well if you look closely at the various things in the trailer, you'll note several features that were mods are now in the baseline game, such as boss HP meters on the bottom of the screen.

And of course the bestiary. It'd be nice if we also had some sort of crafting list with a similar interface so we didn't have to show the Guide items.
These are not mods, they are official additions to the game, Confirmed by Yoraiz0r.
[doublepost=1560205880,1560205862][/doublepost]
Please make a 64-bit launcher, the mod community would absolutely LOVE this. The RAM limitation is very frustating when making a modpack.
This already exists.

I... I have no words. Re-Logic, you've once again come out with something far more than any of us could have expected. Just like every update, yet somehow you always manage to surprise with an amazing abundance of care and attention to detail, new fun items, and QoL features none of us even considered. You guys truly are the cream of the crop of Indie devs (Honestly is this even Indie at this point? I suppose so.) And it has to be one of my biggest pleasures to have been along with this ride since briefly before the 1.2 days. Seeing this game evolve, and with every major update, becoming something I love more and more, still to this day being one of the games I manage to come back to over and over and over without fail, and have an amazing amount of fun each time. This game has been a blessing, and I can't wait to see what Re-Logic has in store for us next! Kudos to you all! You've really put a dent in gaming history with this game, and I only hope that it continues to grow even as development finally slows (for real this time).

With all the new items, my main concern at the moment is storage space :)
Unfortunately i already am at chest limit on my storage world, so i really hope they increase that limit by far, or introduce a new endgame method of (infinite?) storage.
Sounds a tad like you need to do some spring cleaning. Vanilla Terraria shouldn't have enough items to completely fill the max number of chests with 1 stack of each.

HYPEEEEEE!
Are there going to be any optimizations to the game to allow it to run better with all of this new content?
The update looks f*ckin sick guys, as someone who's been playing since before 1.1, I'm proud to see how far this game has come!

Me refusing to let Terraria be over:

If your going to begin development on your next title, what if you revived Terraria: Otherworld?

Oh my god, a final update for Terraria? I'm so hyped, although I was looking forward to seeing that new furniture sooner than later. I''l wait if I need to though, because this is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom