Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, there was a point where I went 'I'm patient, usually, but what on earth is taking so long? Two years is an awfully long time for a mid-size update!'

Now I know why! And I'm honestly perfectly happy with this. Really, there's been a lot of stuff about the game that could use some attention, and what better way to cap off this game's insane 8-year journey (yes, it's been 8 years as of last month) than with one final comprehensive overhaul.

Regarding the subject of the game's longevity after this update, I'm definitely in complete agreement that it'll probably survive just fine. The modding community has definitely come a long way from the days of 1.1, and with things like Calamity around, AKA easily one of the most ambitious mods I have EVER seen, and I don't say that lightly, it's safe to say this game will still live on even after its journey ends. After all, it's survived this long, hasn't it?

4577888.png
This is going to be an insane update.

terraria 1.4... the final major update.

it's kinda strange to hear that, but maybe those of us on console can hope to catch up, now.

it looks awesome, and i LOVE that a bestiary is being added, i always enjoy looking through bestiaries in games.

hopefully console will be caught up to 1.3.5 by time PC gets 1.4, then maybe we can get the final update next year.

looking forward to it, as well as whatever the next re-logic game will be. :dryadhappy:

...What happens next? Where do we go from here? when all is said and done, Will we ever see anything new beyond this?

Awww I feel bad about to see this games end...it was the first game I ever owned, and I just started working on a mod I wanted you guys to see :sigh:;(

Im probably just dumb but does this mean that this is... (EndGame theme starts playing) the final update of Terraria?
btw could you unban me from discord server plz?

Awww I feel bad about to see this games end...it was the first game I ever owned, and I just started working on a mod I wanted you guys to see :sigh:;(

Make the mod if you want, People will keep on updating there things even though it the last update, Terraria is not fully over, The game will stay alive for a while now.

Mods will very heavily keep the game alive, Its like more updates, Just optional.

Not sure why people are saying the game is going to be dead or 'ending'. So long as the game remains playable it will be 'alive'. Monkey Island 'died', but was kept alive by modding. That is to say the game REQUIRED modding in order to be able to run on modern operating systems at all (prior to the 're-release' of the game). I seriously doubt Terraria is going to suddenly become unplayable within months (or even years) of the final official update. (Especially since they did say they would continue to do bug fixes etc.)

Basically getting bored because a game lacks update =/= the game dying. Once upon a not too long time ago, games didn't get updates at all. A released game was a completed game.

The update looks absolutely amazing and is a good way to close the chapter on the game. I am looking forward to seeing what else Re-Logic comes up with.

As a terraria fan since 2013, I can finally say, that this is one of the top 5 of my most favorite games of all time.
Ill miss wating for updates;(

oh jeez, it feels weird that terraria is getting a final update. even when the updates stop, ill still love it to death. thank you re-logic! <3

OH. MY. GOODNESS. You almost gave me a heart attack..."1.3.6 is no more." But you're saying this is 1.4?? Here I thought the forums were overhyping it, but it's true! I can't express how excited I am for this and how absolutely grateful I am for the dedicated team that's worked on this game all these years!

This is...almost everything I'd hoped for and more.
I've really wanted a Bestiary in this game for a while now. That is a very nice addition.

Also, yay! Re-Logic's finally going to make a new IP! Very exciting stuff.:D

Kinda wonder though, doesn't the bestiary kinda make the Tally Counter obsolete, or is the Tally Counter required for the Bestiary to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom