Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re-Logic: Now that Expert mode has been normalized by experienced players, we are going to introduce the stupidly hard 'Master Mode' and make everyone else feel like a filthy casual!
Normal Mode: Am I a joke to you?

finally terraria 64x bits??
Surprisingly, no... they don't seem to have any intention of modernizing the game in this way. I'd love nothing more than for them to prove me wrong on that though.

But there's good news if you're interested in 64bit Terraria and haven't heard -- there is an incredible project that successfully allows for 64bit Terraria to work flawlessly. It's mainly for those heavily into modding the game. If you're into using large mods or many mods, I thoroughly recommend it:

Standalone - [1.3] tModLoader FNA (32bit/64bit) (Branch of tML)

We're blessed to have such dedicated and amazingly-talented people in Terraria's modding community.

Surprisingly, no... they don't seem to have any intention of modernizing the game in this way. I'd love nothing more than for them to prove me wrong on that though.

But there's good news if you're interested in 64bit Terraria and haven't heard -- there is an incredible project that successfully allows for 64bit Terraria to work flawlessly. It's mainly for those heavily into modding the game. If you're into using large mods or many mods, I thoroughly recommend it:

Standalone - [1.3] tModLoader FNA (32bit/64bit) (Branch of tML)

We're blessed to have such dedicated and amazingly-talented people in Terraria's modding community.
That "flawlessly" should have an asterisk though. It certainly isn't flawless with mods yet- many mods are still partially or completely nonfunctional on it last I checked. That said, once it gets stable enough, it will be a massive boon, and honestly I kind of hope the two branches of tModLoader merge for the 1.4 release, since that would be the perfect time to change things up for x64 support, when every mod needs to update to a new codebase anyway.

I knew that this update would become 1.4, it’s also a little sad to know this will be the last major update, but I’m just glad the game won’t be thrown to the curb after this update :)

Hoo boy. I haven't read the thread, but it sounds like mod makers are going to have a brain-destroying, heaving fit trying to keep things updated. Thorium, Calamity, Overhaul, a few others...

Last edited:
What I am curious about is if they will actually release some sort of Creative mode and/or some sort of mod integration (like adding a mod browser in the base game) in 1.4 . I know that if these things do come they will not tell us anything for a while but what can we do but hope.

I am so hyped for 1.4... Didn't think I would say this statement so early heh.

"Journey's End" is a title that has a huge impact on me. Yet the end will be a new beginning.

This update is going to be amazing. And all we have to do now is... wait.

Literally EVERYTHING in the spoiler is absolutely amazing, all the small details and big changes, it's an astonishing sight for me.

P.S. I love the bunny-shaped cloud!

So Terraria is ending then... It was a bumpy ride. Will there be an elevator? Is what I hope to complete a modern sci fi base but oh well. That aside, I hope for the best. I wonder if the work will be as good or even better than Terraria? With how good Terraria is, I'm expecting a lot out of the next one.

I have no words. Okay, maybe a few. Thank you for your endless and free support for this game, Re-Logic. It has indeed been quite a ride.
And judging from the video, Terraria will go out with a very big bang!

But it won't really go out, since this is one of those games that will be replayed by many, over and over again, for many years. ;)

(Also, Master mode? Really? After the intense beating Expert mode gave me? Oh boy. This'll be something.)

Edit: Quad-Barrelled Shotgun?!? Oh hell yes.

That "flawlessly" should have an asterisk though. It certainly isn't flawless with mods yet- many mods are still partially or completely nonfunctional on it last I checked. That said, once it gets stable enough, it will be a massive boon, and honestly I kind of hope the two branches of tModLoader merge for the 1.4 release, since that would be the perfect time to change things up for x64 support, when every mod needs to update to a new codebase anyway.
Have you seen its recent updates? If not and you're still interested, I urge you to try it again. The 64bit patch has made A LOT of progress as of late, and it's extremely stable now. Can't say it's "perfect" yet, but I've had zero problems on my end. And while not every mod is 100% compatible (or so I'm told), every single mod I'm using with it works great (Thorium, GRealm, Calamity, Fargo's, etc). So in regards to my experience with it using well over a dozen mods -- it is flawless. :D

It appears to run as smoothly as it would otherwise with no noticeable issues. So if anybody is interested in running 64bit Terraria, while it's still experimental, it's a very feasible option today.

Last edited:
Problem is, though, if I had a choice between 32-Bit 1.4 and 64-Bit 1.3.4 ..... I'm going to choose the former. Every time.

In fact, no Grand Design = Major Fail. It's why I've not been touching tML, because last I had heard, it STILL doesn't include 1.3.5 and that's a major deal-breaker for me. The Grand Design is just THAT good.

In fact, no Grand Design = Major Fail. It's why I've not been touching tML, because last I had heard, it STILL doesn't include 1.3.5 and that's a major deal-breaker for me. The Grand Design is just THAT good.
What do you mean? The current version of tModLoader is 1.3.5.2 and does, in fact, have the Grand Design. I have it on there right now.

What do you mean? The current version of tModLoader is 1.3.5.2 and does, in fact, have the Grand Design. I have it on there right now.

Ahh, then they finally got that updated then. I will admit that for the last few months I'd not kept track of tML. For the longest time, it was missing the latest update and you had to downgrade your version of the game by downloading all the old assets to even use tML.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom