Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It dealt over 350 damage in one hit
Which still wouldn't one-shot a player at max health. Granted, that much damage is certainly nothing to sneeze at, and can be hard to overcome, but that's part of the challenge. And if you've been playing modded for a while (particularly Revengeance/Death Mode Calamity Mod), you've probably seen worse.

Which still wouldn't one-shot a player at max health. Granted, that much damage is certainly nothing to sneeze at, and can be hard to overcome, but that's part of the challenge. And if you've been playing modded for a while (particularly Revengeance/Death Mode Calamity Mod), you've probably seen worse.
I don't play modded for precisely that reason.

I don't play modded for precisely that reason.
Fair enough. But there is a (masochistic) portion of the community that loves that kind of challenge (probably a big part of the reason for Calamity Mod's relative popularity), and that's who Master Mode is aimed at. You certainly don't have to play it if you don't want to.

(For the record, I only play Expert Mode with mods. If I'm doing vanilla Terraria, I stick to Normal Mode, for pretty much that reason.)

Last edited:
You absolute madmen. Once again you've done it, what have we done to deserve this?! Looking forward to streaming Terraria again this time on Master Mode Hardcore...

"final big update"
upload_2019-6-11_21-10-20.png

"Terraria: Journey’s End will see the addition of an in-game Bestiary. As players defeat higher numbers of any given foe, they will learn more about them – from key statistics to even what each foe can drop as loot!"
Once, I sugested this feature. Now it come to live. :passionate:

It's basically the mode that getting hit once kills you.

Did you see that 370 damage from the Moon Lord's Death Ray?

It's like "okaaaay sure, whatever I guess."

It's for those people who can do frame-perfect inputs over and over again.

Better them put a Master Mode in, rather than screwing the game up for the rest of us filthy casuals. They can make Master Mode as impossible as they like, doesn't mean I have to play it.
Death ray is actually not that hard to dodge even without cheesing.
[doublepost=1560313859,1560313513][/doublepost]But let's rember that expert mode idea is actually taken from first terraria forums mod - Preapre To Die (Sep 28, 2014).
This mod is luck-based, through.

That seems "Trop cool" ;(
A new solo large world is coming for my new character Atlan :D
Thanks all Re-logic :joy::kingslime:

The trailer looks amazing! It's a shame Terraria's development is coming to an end, but everything has to eventually. Thank you for the 8 years of amazing content which has made Terraria one of my favourite games of all time!

I love terraria. It is such a fun game, and it has given me two best friends from it. As soon as I get steam, I will buy Terraria, but until then I am awaiting a release date for the moonlord on Mobile. I also have a suggestion. My best friend has a mac, and I have windows, but he says that I can't join him from my windows. Could you make it possible that I can?
Thank you all so much, there is nothing that could describe my love for terraria.

P.S maybe if this is the last major update, you could make a part of the forums where people submit things that they think could happen to the game, as mods of videos, and if it is good, you could add it in?

I still can't say thank you enough

I don't think your friend is correct. All computer versions of Terraria should still be running through Steam. Cross play between Mac and PC should work just fine.

Well, one or both of them may or may not have the GOG version of Terraria, and I'm not sure how that works.

BUT.

Pretty sure any and all Terraria multiplayer are cross-platform. One or both of them is likely using GOG and they are trying to manually connect, and somebody doesn't have ports forwarded properly.

I'm really concerned about "Master Mode". If it's just doubling the stats again I think it will be the opposite of fun- we already saw a player get essentially one-shotted by Moonlord in the trailer, a boss which is already criticized for having too many cheap attacks.

They had like 5 health, from what I saw.

I'm really concerned about "Master Mode". If it's just doubling the stats again I think it will be the opposite of fun- we already saw a player get essentially one-shotted by Moonlord in the trailer, a boss which is already criticized for having too many cheap attacks.
The earlygame is going to be dreadful. I'm hoping there's going to be more extra loot that makes it more manageable.

Like, Wall of Flesh lasers hitting for 50 each? When those get machine gunned? And are difficult enough to dodge already? Our strategies are going to have to adapt in new ways. Ironskin and Endurance may very well be mandatory PHM now.

From what I saw, the EoW segments had 305 HP, so stats won't be doubling again (at least not HP). I'm afraid of what it's going to be like without movement utilities and actual equipment to fight early overworld mobs, and while Expert was manageable in singleplayer (though not something I'd like to repeat), for me at least, Master is going to be a strictly multiplayer experience.. if it's even allowed for Multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom