Re-Logic Announces Terraria: Journey's End at E3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the last planned major update.

There may still be further updates to fix bugs or add some minor features. And they may still change their mind at a later date, though don't hold out too much hope for this.

Finnaly! (not in a rude way).
[doublepost=1561479459,1561479404][/doublepost]Please just one more boss it dosent even have to be major!
[doublepost=1561479607][/doublepost]Lol I don't know how to get mods on Xbox...

This is so exciting, I cant wait to get my hands on it. I hope that Terraria 2 is the decided project, it feels strange seeing such a fantastic game reach it's finish line.

Lol I don't know how to get mods on Xbox...

Console makers won't allow mods. They say it would "encourage hacking of the system" and they have to "protect their proprietary software" and a great steaming heap of other such crap. Some games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim special edition have mods included on the disk, but only mods carefully selected and approved by the console makers. Never gonna happen with Terraria

I'm really not so certain that inventory limits are the only way to encourage players to build a base, the added danger of night time monsters alone is a great incentive to build a place to hunker down for the night.

... you mean none of you built a base because it was a convenient place to put all your crafting tables so you could craft things without being attacked by zombies? Even if you had unlimited inventory space it'd be a pain in the :red: to have to dig around in your inventory to grab your forge or your anvil every time you wanted to make new armor. That's just ridiculous.

Console makers won't allow mods. They say it would "encourage hacking of the system" and they have to "protect their proprietary software" and a great steaming heap of other such crap. Some games like Fallout 4 and Skyrim special edition have mods included on the disk, but only mods carefully selected and approved by the console makers. Never gonna happen with Terraria
Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE actually do have full normal mod support on Xbox in addition to the Creation Club's "curated" mods. The only thing that is missing is SKSE/F4SE support since the script extenders need to replace base files and that's not kosher for consoles. PS4 on the other hand doesn't allow any new assets so its support is very limited except for Creation Club.

But yeah, as tModLoader is a 3rd party application that needs to replace the exe like what the Bethesda game Script Extenders do, chances of mod support on consoles are small to none unless Re-Logic comes out with an official API.

I really hope this update finally brings back Ocram. And seeing how this is seemingly the last update then this is the perfect time to bring him back.

I really hope this update finally brings back Ocram. And seeing how this is seemingly the last update then this is the perfect time to bring him back.
Nope the devs have repeatedly said they don't like ocram. Get the 3ds, WiiU, PS3, or XB360 version if you want to fight the blatantly resprited eye of cthulhu with lazers (tm)

I am recalling something said about the Journey's end for the food truck. It just was hilarious because of all the food.:naughty:

I don't think your friend is correct. All computer versions of Terraria should still be running through Steam. Cross play between Mac and PC should work just fine.

Thank you friend
[doublepost=1561894005,1561893902][/doublepost]T
Terraria 1.4: I am going to be the last major update!
Tmodloader: hippity hoppity CALAMITY MOD

Thorium is sitting there, like the guide after hard mode
“I am worthless now”

I meant that I hope they bring back his sprite, but with a reworked battle
There's a mod for that though? The devs even said that mods are gonna keep the game alive after 1.4... The same mod brings back reworked turkor and lepus too!
[doublepost=1561928054,1561927700][/doublepost]
Thorium is sitting there, like the guide after hard mode
“I am worthless now”
I wouldn't be so sure about that, they fill different niches and saying one is better than the other is a bit shortsighted. Thorium is meant to be styled like a new terraria update with sprites and mechanics that are equal (sometimes better!) than vanilla, while Calamity is just meant to provide a challenge and give players a reason to largely ignore vanilla.

There's a mod for that though? The devs even said that mods are gonna keep the game alive after 1.4... The same mod brings back reworked turkor and lepus too!
[doublepost=1561928054,1561927700][/doublepost]
I wouldn't be so sure about that, they fill different niches and saying one is better than the other is a bit shortsighted. Thorium is meant to be styled like a new terraria update with sprites and mechanics that are equal (sometimes better!) than vanilla, while Calamity is just meant to provide a challenge and give players a reason to largely ignore vanilla.

Ok, but is calamity then a sort of master mode already? And then some mods will update with a master mode. I am also wondering if in master mode, there might be a new way of getting loot, like instead of getting treasure bags, you can get treasure tokens, and take them to the guide to give him a bit more purpose

Ok, but is calamity then a sort of master mode already? And then some mods will update with a master mode. I am also wondering if in master mode, there might be a new way of getting loot, like instead of getting treasure bags, you can get treasure tokens, and take them to the guide to give him a bit more purpose
AD32DAFC-D762-4094-9893-58033D639709.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom