Official Re-Logic & Quadro Delta Announce Pixel Privateers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any game with scenery = Starbound?
Any game with blocks = Minecraft?
Seriously, when will this bull:red: end?

This game looks epic, the scenery has given the saltiest levels of Tealbot the chills. I'm sure more improvements to what already looks like an incredibly immersive game are to come. I actually enjoyed Pixel Piracy, so I'm hoping this is a much better continuation. Good luck my friends at Re-Logic, and to you guys too Quadro Delta.

Can't say with any sincerity that I am very excited for Terraria otherworld. The uneasy art style which loses the strong outlines, and fails to convey the tile based system in the block textures; the funny character animations that make them look drunk all the time...

This is another story though. Looks like they absolutely nailed the atmosphere. Can't wait to play.

Didn't dig Pixel Piracy cos I'm an action gamer :red: but this one has midgets with guns killing big monsters. Do love much!

(dat ending tho) :)

Last edited:
There's something one of the developers at QD said an hour ago that stuck with me.

We know that there are going to be naysayers, and that's to be expected with any game. To prove to ourselves that Privateers has what it takes, we brought in a number of testers who quite literally hate our team, our company, hate Pixel Piracy, and everything we stand for, and those folks are now huge fans. We're happy with that. :)

I have my reservations about getting another QD game when they left Pixel Piracy in such a messy state to make Privateers. What with bad memory leaks, menu issues, and the occasional random bug. But if Privateers is as good as they're implying, maybe I'll change my mind.

I have my reservations about getting another QD game when they left Pixel Piracy in such a messy state to make Privateers. What with bad memory leaks, menu issues, and the occasional random bug. But if Privateers is as good as they're implying, maybe I'll change my mind.

I'm gonna have to agree with you there. At one point, I thought about buying pixel piracy but then I saw a stream of it and had second thoughts. I turly hope that Pixel Privateers is god as I have been on the lookout for some good Sci-fi games as of late.

I like how literally zero effort was put into the character animations while the monsters have very smooth and fluid animations and look great. IMO the 'shuffling' is really unattractive. Still looks quite good aesthetically otherwise and seems as though it would be very enjoyable. Definitely going to consider getting it so long as they don't have stupid :red: water like pixel piracy had. Nothing more frustrating than losing a game because your dude fell off the rope and you just used your last 3 life savers on the jerkwad who couldn't stay on the boat when attacked.

I like how literally zero effort was put into the character animations while the monsters have very smooth and fluid animations and look great. IMO the 'shuffling' is really unattractive. Still looks quite good aesthetically otherwise and seems as though it would be very enjoyable. Definitely going to consider getting it so long as they don't have stupid :red: water like pixel piracy had. Nothing more frustrating than losing a game because your dude fell off the rope and you just used your last 3 life savers on the jerkwad who couldn't stay on the boat when attacked.
The little waddle actually gave me laugh a bit for a trailer that seems pretty cool. I have to agree with you on how it doesn't fit well, though.

There's something one of the developers at QD said an hour ago that stuck with me.

One of the testers here!(although not one of the mentioned 'haters', came in with a neutraal view) to clarify things, at first, pixel piracy was a side project, never meant to get this big! More of a hobby project gone horribly wrong (right, depending on the angle you look at it :p) after the overwhelming reactions from players and the buy in/pre alpha sales skyrocketing, they tried their best continuing it but honestly I think it was too big for 2 persons (1 person cause Alex gained a severe medical condition halfway the process) and that's why it didn't get the attention/fixes it needed.

But did they redeemed theirselves? In my opinion they did. If you want I can post a few articles and interviews in which Alex apologizes and explains things. They did a major update halfway last year, and even are working on it now to redeem theirselves. Lot of devs that can learn from that IMO.

Third of all, pixel privateers is a game that has been worked on for 18 months by a team of 9 dedicated guys, 5 days a week 9 days an hour. Can you expect an better and different game if you compare that? That is something that I leave to you guys to think about, but imo QD is an example for the branch and learned from bumps in the past.

Reactions: Azu
I had played the demo when it was pretty bare-bones, but I enjoyed the entire demo. This is a must buy for me atleast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom