Re-Logic Teams with Animegami Studios for the Terraria Biome Series Resin Statues!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally I've always wanted this to happen.
Now I can plan out my formations for the truffle army on a real model.
Uhhh just pretend I didn't say anything about an army.

We have recently been informed that Animegami Studios has filed for Insolvency > Animegami Ltd. - Official Public Statement.

It appears that this impacts not only the Animegami Studios side of the business, but the entire company - inclusive of their long-running Animegami Store, which served countless fandoms. We did reach out to them for any further information, but I am afraid that we do not really have anything more to share or add other than what they have stated publicly and a few other details that might be somewhat obvious.

From what we were told, we won't know anything else until it goes through whatever the legal process is in those countries for such things (we are only familiar with the US-based versions, I'm afraid). They are one of a handful of "high end" storefronts of this kind that were apparently taken under by recent inflation/economic factors leading to a cratering of new sales, coupled with a massive increase in cancellations of preorders for similar reasons. Another example > High-end figures and collectables creators Big Chief Studios closes its doors

We have certainly asked them all of the questions that anyone can imagine:
  • What does this mean for the company and the Forest Biome - is it dead and gone forever?
  • What does this mean for folks that preordered? Refunds?
  • and so on

Their response is basically "it is out of our hands until the legal insolvency process plays out, so we cannot say one way or the other". FWIW, I'm personally out the same $900. Re-Logic has not received any proceeds or funds from this project at any point as well (that was to come when it actually shipped out).

It does SOUND like there is a chance that at least some form of refund may happen during the insolvency process, but we do not have any guidance on what to do, who to contact (if anyone), etc. Not even for ourselves.

We hadn't said anything prior to today because we were hoping to have something more tangible to say or guidance to give. Unfortunately, we cannot answer any of the relevant questions - nor can any of likely tens or hundreds of other fandoms with orders from the Animegami Store before it also shut down.

I am personally continuing to try and stay on top of this, and will share any information that I uncover as soon as I have it. Suffice to say, we are truly sorry to see this happen - these were decent people, and things happen - but we also want to see our fans made whole if at all possible.

Beyond that, we are very sad that it appears (as of now), we will never get to see this in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom