RE LOGIC! -Terraria logic jokes!

• Living Fire Blocks don't set you on fire, or even remotely harm you.
  • The Compass shows your East/West location, instead of your North/South location.
  • While in the Forest biome, you can see snowy mountains in the background. Why aren't these in the game?
  • Watches increase in quality the better material they are made out of, instead of how the watch is made.
  • Sinks work like infinite water sources, despite they only requiring one water bucket to craft.
  • Pumps transport water through wire. How does that even work?
  • NPCs appear out of thin air. And how do they even know where to move in? Judging by the background, the forest is incredibly dense and big.
  • You can turn Rotten Chunks into Leather.
  • By wearing Familiar Clothes, your normal clothes become visible. Since when do clothes make themselves and armor underneath invisible?
  • Martian Probes don't spawn in the center of the map, but if you want to invade, why not do it there, as most people build their bases there?
  • Hornets spawned with the Hornet Staff attack other Hornets.

Floating Islands...

I mean, how could a land part would be able to float!
Note: This might already written, but reading over 1200 posts is a tedious task...

One more: In real life sextant used for measuring coordinates but in Terraria... How could it say what's the current phase of moon, even on daytime!

Last edited:
A compass gives you all locations, whether north, west, south ot east. If you know north, you also know where the other locations are.
Terraria only show the useful information, since it's a 2D game.
You do indeed know where East and West are, but how does the compass know how far East/West you are? In other words, why is there a center of the map, and how if the center defined?

You do indeed know where East and West are, but how does the compass know how far East/West you are? In other words, why is there a center of the map, and how if the center defined?
something like this:
Code:
center = World.MaximumWidth / 2;
Xposition = player.X - center;
It's still a game after all.

Well, the center is where it points straight North (As in, the needle is in the N) you were to go thorought the map, and it knows how far you're from there by using the angle from the N where it's pointing (AKA basic applied trigonometrics).

Well, the center is where it points straight North (As in, the needle is in the N) you were to go thorought the map, and it knows how far you're from there by using the angle from the N where it's pointing (AKA basic applied trigonometrics).
The problem is, there's no actual north-south axis on Terraria.

something like this:
Code:
center = World.MaximumWidth / 2;
Xposition = player.X - center;
You know what I mean. The real world isn't based around code either. If I were to say that my house was the center of the Earth, I'd be right, because spheres don't have a center. We can define the equator by looking at North and South, except Terraria doesn't have North and South, just East and West, but we can't define a center with that either because there is clearly more land than accessible: you can see the actual ocean in the background, implying there is a lot more. Imagine you being on the equator: where would the center of the equator be?

You know what I mean. The real world isn't based around code either. If I were to say that my house was the center of the Earth, I'd be right, because spheres don't have a center. We can define the equator by looking at North and South, except Terraria doesn't have North and South, just East and West, but we can't define a center with that either because there is clearly more land than accessible: you can see the actual ocean in the background, implying there is a lot more. Imagine you being on the equator: where would the center of the equator be?
There won't be one because the earth actually is round.
But now I think about, a map might be better than a compass. even if it's just for logical sense

Human knees can negate falls up to 3 meters high. But, in Terraria, you can easily fall up to 15 meters without even flinching.

Players can drown in water and honey, but lava? Yeah you're fine...You know what, on the topic of lava, why is it that when I go full Jesus and walk on it my feet don't burn off?

Players can drown in water and honey, but lava? Yeah you're fine...You know what, on the topic of lava, why is it that when I go full Jesus and walk on it my feet don't burn off?
Not so weird if you're using Lava Waders. But it's less obvious why a Water Walking Potion, would protect you.

You actually did drown in lava in a past version of the game, but it was changed at some point. I'm guessing that was done to prevent any complications with lava waders and to just make things a bit easier. That kind of makes sense though, the only other way to swim in lava without melting is a magic potion, which I guess protects you from drowning too.

Just thought of another one: every 146 hours you play the game, you have spent one 'year' in game. And yet, the Dryad comments that you are "aging not very gracefully".

terraria-005.jpg

Back
Top Bottom