Member-Run Contest Re-Sprite Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=+Seth+=-

Skeletron Prime
Hello TCF Users!
Are you ready to test you spriting skills?(
@Brutallama @ThatOneRobloxHater @Dark Gaia @Yaster Goodman @Pumpking @Sir Cutswood @Jestex @Corenality @The Miniature Shark @Señor Ricardo

I hope you are!
And NO! Re-colors!
This is going to be a Re-sprite Competition!
You will be Re-spriting....

THIS!!!!
Armor Female and Male.png

or...
True Zirconium Armor.png

or...
Zirconium Wings2.png
(wings)
(choose witch you wan't)
or...
All of them!
(if you wan't to even do any of them :p)

Now anyone can enter! not just the tagged people!(i tagged the people i think are good spriters)
This will go on for 2 Weeks! starting today! Jan 31st!
if you don't get your entry in in enough time.. PM Me!

Thanks for your time!
im @Terraria_Lover595901
Remember meeeeeeeee!
(and if you're daring Do a pixel art of my profile!!!!)

Last edited:
I hope I'm not wrong but re-spriting means re-arranging the pixels not re-coloring them.
Well the usuall resprites i see are actually just colors changed(i am not offending anyone i hope),and i made small changes to actual spirite.

Well the usuall resprites i see are actually just colors changed(i am not offending anyone i hope),and i made small changes to actual spirite.
I think the actual "term" might be recolor, as in "You're not really doing anything recoloring all these sprites.".
Resprite implies a sprite is redone, as in scraped and completely made up again from scratch.
And you're not offending anyone.
It can be either, it's actually usually a re-color.
If it's usually a recolor then it should simply be referred to as a recolor instead of a resprite, less confusion don't you think. And while we're at it, use respriting to say "rearranging pixels" since it apparently doesn't have it's own unique word.
Sigh.

Last edited:
I think the actual "term" might be recolor, as in "You're not really doing anything recoloring all these sprites.".
Resprite implies a sprite is redone, as in scraped and completely made up again from scratch.
And you're not offending anyone.

If it's usually a recolor then it should simply be referred as a recolor instead of a resprite, less confusion don't you think. And while we're at it, use respriting to say "rearranging pixels" since it apparently doesn't have it's own unique word.
Sigh.
I will change it to say No re-colors

These sprites are making me cringe... I'd join in just to make something that doesn't look like eye-cancer, but I'm planning on re-making all the corruption mobs after I provide some examples of palette adjustment for another spriter elsewhere. I may take a stab at it though if I'm feeling ambitious after tomorrow. (algebra exam and last minute homework is in the way of me doing it right now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom