Ready For The P&P RPG Terraria Experience

Hello everyone! I'm an old player but I stopped around version 1.something (when the Snow Biome came out) so back now and eagerly awaiting 1.4 and, to a certain extent, mods!

What sparked my return was the idea a few friends of mine had about using something as a sort of P&P (Pen & Paper) RPG experience, and Terraria popped in as the perfect candidate! As I am a longtime P&P RPG DM/GM (almost 2 decades) I thought about crafting a world in Terraria, running a server and then having players have some fun in it.
Although I'll have to wait until 1.4 to do so, as editing worlds is quite a tedious process even with the tools available. So I'm really interested in the "creative mode" they were saying will be added!

But my general idea how things would go down is:
"The Heroes" spawn in as naked Hardcore characters with nothing on them. Their goal is to defeat "The Bad Guys". To do so, they have to pass the Dungeon and deal with "The Evil Wizard". As there would not be any chests in the world (other than ones placed by me) they would have to risk life and limb to get better equipment and defeat "The Bad Guys".

"The Bad Guys" consist of "The Evil Wizard" who is Hardcore and his/her death means victory for "The Heroes" and "The Immortal Warrior" who is NOT Hardcore and who's job is to pester "The Heroes" and protect "The Evil Wizard".

I'd be RP-ing various NPCs (all Hardcore) throughout the towns that give out quests and reward items, pester "The Heroes"/"The Bad Guys" and such.

So I joined the forum to check out how to mod and stuff as "The Evil Wizard" and "The Immortal Warrior" need certain accessories that prevent certain enemy NPCs from killing them while they are walking around. Also "The Evil Wizard" can obtain a boss summoning item (should they do the quests for it ofc) that can help them defeat "The Heroes" and that also needs to be modded so that "The Evil Wizard" doesn't get pulverized by the boss.

So... here I am. I realize that this modding might be really trivial to do, but I've never modded anything so it is a bit of a challenge for me. But I'm here to give it a shot! ... or perhaps someone else has already done it? If not, then I'd like to contribute something.

At any rate, thank you for reading, it's a pleasure to be here and (constructive) criticism is ALWAYS welcome!

Welcome to the forums.
I'm not sure what to say about your idea.
Anyway, would you like a dragon? (Please give a clear answer)

1574077333220.png

Back
Top Bottom