Texture Pack Realistic Weapons and Tools

I just knew those new thin swords wasn't right, I'll surely improve it next update

I learned that adding unnecessary extra mass to a blade only makes it less effective, compare a nodachi with a breaker blade, the breaker blade is actually just a giant heavy hammer BUT, I might have exaggerated on making some swords too thin, I didn't consider that not every sword in this game is a katana or knife

Also, if you look into historical big swords such as the german two-handed sword or the greatsword, you can see the blade is closely as thick as the hilt, the thing is when working with pixel art the swords will look like spaghetti if I make the blade too thin, another time I'll add some comparison images to illustrate better my viewpoint

And the true excalibur is looking horrible and exactly like a butter knife, I'll fix it. I'll try to release this update in less than 3 days, maybe make 2 separate packs for swords

Exactly. You get my point. Hope to see what you can do!
Also, why snip?
it means I cut the quoted comment instead of showing it whole, just to make my comment shorter... kinda pointless now that I think about it, the quoted comments wasn't too long or anything

Just released an update, some swords are thicker and with way better sprites in my opinion, I also decided to redesign the Minishark and Megashark based on an image I saw on reddit

I still am not satisfied with a few swords, I will try to make some better sprites for them next time I update this

Just released an update, some swords are thicker and with way better sprites in my opinion, I also decided to redesign the Minishark and Megashark based on an image I saw on reddit

I still am not satisfied with a few swords, I will try to make some better sprites for them next time I update this

This looks much better! I like that the blade size between the Excalibur/T. Excalibur is unified now, too. :dryadhappy:

I do feel like the Fiery Greatsword still looks a bit awkwardly thin, though. The Chloropyhte Warhammer's hammer part also seems a bit too small for how long that stick is (forgot to mention that last time, sorry). I do know what you were going for with that, but it feels a bit oddly proportioned to me, like it would bend easily when hitting anything. :dryadtongue:

nice job all weapons looks way better than vanilla ones especially firearms

however, i gonna give some suggestions:

picksaw doesn't feel right, one side is meant to be a saw but it's smooth (idk if it's intentional or not)
terrablade lacks a pommel, needs some work on the guard and is missing a projectile sprite
blade of grass a new guard of rich mahogany wood will look better

Last edited:
This looks much better! I like that the blade size between the Excalibur/T. Excalibur is unified now, too. :dryadhappy:

I do feel like the Fiery Greatsword still looks a bit awkwardly thin, though. The Chloropyhte Warhammer's hammer part also seems a bit too small for how long that stick is (forgot to mention that last time, sorry). I do know what you were going for with that, but it feels a bit oddly proportioned to me, like it would bend easily when hitting anything. :dryadtongue:

I'm still trying to figure out what to do with Fiery Greatsword and about the chlorophyte hammer, I either let it stay the vanilla cartoon giant hammer or resprite like a real two handed warhammer like I did, but since it was one of the first sprites I made and never looked back I will see if there's anything I can change about it

nice job all weapons looks way better than vanilla ones especially firearms

however, i gonna give some suggestions:

picksaw doesn't feel right, one side is meant to be a saw but it's smooth (idk if it's intentional or not)
terrablade lacks a pommel, needs some work on the guard and is missing a projectile sprite
blade of grass a new guard of rich mahogany wood will look better

I had forgotten it was supposed to be a Picksaw, also one of the first sprites I made, I can do something better for it
Terrablade is another sprite I'm not satisfied with, I tried to sprite it like First Fractal's projectiles but it isn't looking good, I'll see what I can do about it
Blade of grass I think I will just resprite it, the current sprite I made based on the sprite it had in the old game versions
And thanks for reminding about sword projectiles

Thanks for the suggestions

I said, "Not just thinner." What I meant was, the swords need to look more usable and real, rather than just make them thinner, because that would cause controversy between the name of the pack and the actual effect of the pack.

I said, "Not just thinner." What I meant was, the swords need to look more usable and real, rather than just make them thinner, because that would cause controversy between the name of the pack and the actual effect of the pack.
but that is what I've been doing, sometimes making the sword thinner is just part of it, check terra blade for example, I removed the decorations on the hilt that would hurt the user or decrease the efficient area of the blade, I also filled the holes on it that would just make the sword less durable. There's many swords that I didn't make thinner as the meowmere, muramasa, lightsabers, blade tongue, bone sword, etc

if a sword is too large to be actually useful I tried to make it thinner, extra uneccessary mass only means less efficiency

for realism I even tried respriting some weapons into actual historical weapons, like turning the chlorophyte warhammer into an actual warhammer, waraxes into acutal waraxes, greatswords into real greatswords

Suggestion: the Titanium Trident is looking a bit sharp at the end. Well, you might say, "That's the point. What do you think? I made this pack to be effective, not decorative." Here's my reply:
It will hurt you.
Sharp edges hurt you. DUH! Try and fix that for the next update, 'kay?

EDIT: The Titanium Trident in general is looking a bit jagged and just not trident-like.

Suggestion: the Titanium Trident is looking a bit sharp at the end. Well, you might say, "That's the point. What do you think? I made this pack to be effective, not decorative." Here's my reply:
It will hurt you.

EDIT: The Titanium Trident in general is looking a bit jagged and just not trident-like.
Like this?

Item_1200.png
------------------>
Item_1200.png

Pretty equal to the vanilla one but more squeezed

I would like to add another important point

2 pixels are clipped:

ascacsac.jpg

Last edited:
It will hurt you.

I changed very little from vanilla and there is absolutely no way the sharp end of a spear can hurt yourself, unless you mean the end that is not sharp close to where it is held, which my statement should also be true, you can find historical spears with both ends sharp

Like this?

View attachment 295731------------------>View attachment 295732

Pretty equal to the vanilla one but more squeezed

I would like to add another important point

2 pixels are clipped:

View attachment 295733
seems perfect for me

--

YdoRGK9.png

My sprite is missing the spear shoe (which I'm pretty sure that's what it is called) and I never realized, also the inventory sprite of spears are different of the actual projectiles, I will add the shoes back to the inventory sprites of all spears

Historically speaking, which I know very little, the Trident is a fishing tool and was only used in combat by a roman gladiator, so I can't go for too much realism on this kind of weapon, after looking at some trident images it seems it is indeed lacking some tilted points

While I would prefer straight points that would just be a pitchfork, so I'll make the tridents more like a real trident

Just updated the pack, I wanted to update the same day 1.4.1.2 would come but I'm a bit late

Better sprites for many swords, improved inventory sprite of all spears, picksaw now haves a proper sprite, my favorite thing that I did this update was turning the Breaker Blade into a realish chinese giant sword. And thanks to Pepz for the Fiery Greatsword and Titanium Trident sprites!

And as always, thanks for watching changelog and new file on main post

It seems like you still have sprites that are sized larger than their vanilla counterparts, which at least for Terraria texturepacking, makes that resprite or the whole pack non-functional, if you were not aware, depending on the version and platform of the game. It's a shame really, since most of these sprites are very good; so good in fact that I went out of my way to take the Minishark, one such offending sprite, into Piskel and cut out two pixels in the middle of the barrel and resized to fit.
I've also noticed that the Cobalt and Mythril repeaters do this, although they're so close to vanilla I've opted to just remove them entirely.
I will continue to edit this post with more offending items as I notice them.
So far I've found: the ones listed above, Cobalt Sword, Inferno Fork,

Last edited:
It seems like you still have sprites that are sized larger than their vanilla counterparts, which at least for Terraria texturepacking, makes that resprite or the whole pack non-functional, if you were not aware, depending on the version and platform of the game. It's a shame really, since most of these sprites are very good; so good in fact that I went out of my way to take the Minishark, one such offending sprite, into Piskel and cut out two pixels in the middle of the barrel and resized to fit.
I've also noticed that the Cobalt and Mythril repeaters do this, although they're so close to vanilla I've opted to just remove them entirely.
I will continue to edit this post with more offending items as I notice them.
So far I've found: the ones listed above, Cobalt Sword, Inferno Fork,

I don't understand what's wrong with the minishark, both vanilla and my sprite are sized 58x20, the other sprites also fits the vanilla scale. I did make some sprites larger on the canvas without increasing the dimensions and tested in game to see if the weapon hitbox would be right. Does it mess with other platforms of the game? I know it might with older versions since the new versions of the pack I made with no retro compatibility, but there is an older version for 1.3

I dunno man. All I know is that I had to cut down the canvas of or else remove those items specifically for them to work. I run 1.4.1 on Linux, and as far as I'm aware texture packing is not availible for non-PC versions of the game.

Back
Top Bottom