Texture Pack Realistic Weapons and Tools

Nioffe

Golem
I love the fantasy of this game, but I don't like to use paddles as swords neither swords that hurts myself

Also on Steam Workshop::Realistic Shaped Weapons
Updated images and changelogs on the workshop page, but the last updated file is here too.
because I'm too lazy to update both pages

Changes:
• Over 300 new sprites, every weapon, tool and arrow I thought needed a change
• Arrows are aerodynamic, swords and guns slimmer, less decorations and more effectiveness
• Less unnecessary extra mass, those weapons are not ceremonial and are supposed to protect you

Installation:
> For Terraria 1.4.x.x
> Download attached .zip file below;
> Place it inside Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks;
> Enable it in game

Leave a comment if you have a suggestion or observation of something I should change

Attachments

• v14 Better Shaped Stuff.zip
    370 KB · Views: 5,423
  • v20 Better Shaped Stuff.zip
    424.2 KB · Views: 1,678
Last edited:
If you want to use this texturepack on Terraria 1.3.5.x, follow this instructions:

Vanilla Terraria
> Download attached Texture Pack.zip file
> Documents\My Games\Terraria\
> Open config.json
> Find "UseExperimentalFeatures": false,
> Change false to true
> Place Texture Pack.zip on the same folder

TModLoader
> Download attached Texture Pack.zip file
> Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\TexturePacks
> Place Texture Pack.zip inside this folder
> In-game tmodloader configuration, enable experimental features

This is the 02 version of this texture pack and I will not update it for the older game

Attachments

• Texture Pack.zip
    323.5 KB · Views: 1,400
Last edited:
So will you do items as well or just weapons and tools?
sorry for the late response, I was 100% sure I had replied to your comment already
I don't plan to edit anything else than ranged/melee weapons and tools and maybe a few magic weapons
But I do plan to resprite potions someday

Do you consider edit the magic weapons too?
I could edit magic weapons too, but I don't see much wrong with their shape, it's magic stuff anyway
I plan to update this texture pack later and I will see then if there's any magic weapon I can include

sorry for the late response, I was 100% sure I had replied to your comment already
I don't plan to edit anything else than ranged/melee weapons and tools and maybe a few magic weapons
But I do plan to resprite potions someday

I could edit magic weapons too, but I don't see much wrong with their shape, it's magic stuff anyway
I plan to update this texture pack later and I will see then if there's any magic weapon I can include
Thnx for replying and keep up the good work always

Hum. I quite like this. I am going to install it, hopefully it will not look too strange next the items from the mods.

Actually, that did not do anything. Am I supposed to simply drop the .zip in "Documents\My Games\Terraria"?

Last edited:
Hum. I quite like this. I am going to install it, hopefully it will not look too strange next the items from the mods.

Actually, that did not do anything. Am I supposed to simply drop the .zip in "Documents\My Games\Terraria"?

if you are playing with modloader then place the zip inside "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\TexturePacks"
be sure to enable experimental features on tmodloader configuration

I love this idea! Combined with other texture packs, this could make Terraria actually look realistic! Though if you haven't already, you should consider respriting thrown weapons as well.

I love this idea! Combined with other texture packs, this could make Terraria actually look realistic! Though if you haven't already, you should consider respriting thrown weapons as well.
you could also use a reshade or sweetfx to try to make the game even more realistic, and thanks for reminding me to resprite thrown weapons:

I've updated this pack, I resprited most thrown weapons, made a better sprite for Blood butcherer, Cutlass, Magic Dagger and Frost Staff, also updated the comparison image
New file and changelog on bottom of main post

I actually updated this texture pack on 1.4 release day but only now I'm able to post on the forums, anyway

This pack is updated and working with 1.4, however, I still haven't resprited any of the new weapons, I will do so after playing for a bit longer because I don't want much spoilers. On this update I also remade many sprites that were previously too boring or with no personality

I will resprite the new weapons really soon, stay tuned

I've updated this pack with the new 1.4 weapons. I also Improved many sprites, made new sprites for some rocket launchers and added an icon

Changelog and new file on main post

Back
Top Bottom