Other Rebirthing

KingN24

Steampunker
You know how bored everyone gets when they finish the game? Do you wish there was something more?

Well I just got that for you!
BEHOLD REBIRTHING!

When you so-called "rebirth" Everything on your world starts from scratch, all your items, npc's, EVERYTHING.

But to do it you must kill the moon lord to do so.
Now what does this do? Well,
First off, there is a new item tier called Rebirth.
These items don't vanish when you rebirth and you earn them by rebirthing. (And if you were to leave them in a chest then well they will just be put back in your inventory.)
The higher you rebirth, the better the items.
If your inventory is too full of rebirth items, dont worry! Extra rebirth items will be sent to a private chest next to you!

Every time you rebirth, Every NPC gains a 1.05x HP increase. However, you gain a 1.05x Damage increase.

So let see on what items you could possibly get by rebirthing.

Rebirth Crystal - Life 1+
When you get this item, you at most get 20. This is one of a few item that can be crafted into other things.
and it will still be kept as a rebirth item. Also rebirth crystals are placeable and look cool.

Sack-o-coins - Life 1+
You might just get coins when you rebirth, but the sack-o-coins contains about (3 gold x rebirth)
This might be useful for pre-hardmode shops. When you use the item, the sack-o-coins vanish
and is replaced by the coins.

Private Chest - Life 2+
This chest when placed can be chosen to have a whitelist/blacklist for people to open it.
Also a private chest will spawn near you when you have to many items when spawning.

Floop Gun - Life 2+
A Floop Gun is a fun item that creates a peaceful NPC for 5 seconds, then vanishes.
When a Floop is spawned, it squirms around creating nice melodic noises before vanishing into thin air.
You can have up to 5 floops in your world, and if you try to summon more your gun will make a fart sound and not create a floop.

Royal Crown - Life 2+
This is a helmet and its a vanity.
When equipped in a vanity slot, your character starts to sparkle from time to time.
Tooltip: "Sparkle sparkle."

Thunder Wand - Life 3+
The thunder wand is a cool weapon for mages that will help you alot.
Damage: (10 x Rebirth Life + 200)
Knockback: 2
Mana: 50
Critical Chance: 5%
Use time: 20
Velocity: 4
Tooltip: "Zap."

Gives a debuff called "Paralyzed" where the enemy cannot move for 5 seconds.

Rebirth Wall - Life 5+
This is a wall which looks like a blue crystal. You get 50 every time you get this for a rebirth.
You can also craft this with a few rebirth crystals and you get 4 of these.
(sadly you can't do the other way around so good luck.)

Rebirth Robe - Life 7+
This is a robe that is very cool. Its a vanity so there really is no use to it except a cool particle trail.
You could also get it from 100 rebirth crystals + 1 robe.

Rebirth Uncrafter - Life 7+
This is a special anvil that allows you to turn Rebirth Items into Rebirth Dust, which is a special kind of material that is used to create Rebirth Crystals.

Rebirth Dust - (VIA R.U.)
Rebirth Dust is an item that when 9 is crafted together allows you to make a rebirth crystal. Not appealing but when placed acts like a blue sparkling sand block.

Zeus' Sword - Life 10+
Zeus' Sword is a very powerful sword that is recommended for extremists.
Damage: (10 x Rebirth Life + 150)
Knockback: 4
Critical Chance: 12%
Use time: 14
Tooltip: "May the greek gods be in your hands."

Gives a debuff called "Paralyzed" where the enemy cannot move for 5 seconds.

Infinite Flaming Helmet - Life 12+
IFH is a helmet which not only gives a cool battle hat but also on fire forever
(A cool fire trail comes out of your head when you wear this)
Gives (10 Defense x Life / 2) and decreases the damage you take when touching fire/lava.'
Tooltip: "Burn baby!"

Mobile Doughnut - Life 12+
Just a cool little doughnut ride. Nothing much.
Tooltip: "Yummy!"
Height: 6ft
Speed: Land: 30mph - Water: 10mph - Honey: 12mph
Leaves a sprinkle trail

Rebirth Arrow - Life 15+
This comes in packs of 30 when achieved.
Damage: (15 x Rebirth Life + 25)
Knockback: 2
Critical Chance: 2%
Tooltip: "Made from the very souls of rebirthing"
Ability: Homes in on the enemy, and also heals 50 HP per hit.

You could also craft this with 10 rebirth crystals and 10 Chlorophyte Arrow's to make 10 of these.

True Knife - Life 15+
A Special Knife that is very strong.
Damage: 150 + (5*Rebirth Life)
Knockback: 4.5
Critical Chance: 10%
Use Time: 19.5
Tooltip: "=)"
Ability: When using, a beam of red energy goes the direction your mouse is at, and anything it hits it deals 100 Damage + (5*Rebirth Life).

Suspicious Meteorite - Life 15+
A odd looking meteorite that when put in the light pet slot gives you a meteorite pet.
Tooltip: "Does this even count?"

Cuddly Lettuce - Life 16+
A lettuce that summons a chinchilla pet.
Tooltip: "Meep!"

Joy Potion - Life 18+
When achived, gives 5 of this potion.
When you use the joy potion, you gain a Joyful Buff, which is a special buff that allows you to deal twice as much damages and all debuffs take less time to go away. (-20 seconds (except a few of them like frozen)) and the buff lasts for 1 minute.

Royal Spirit - Life 19
Will only be given on Life 19, and only life 19.
A Royal Spirit is a special item, that when used will give you a special buff called "Heroism" (You won't lose the item, but will be on cooldown for a hour.)
Heroism increases your stats by x1.5 for 2 minutes, however when that time is up, your stats will be divided by x.5 for another 2 minutes.

Rebirth Soul - (Every 20th life) (Will always achieve when reached.)
This item only comes in one, and this is useless until you get enough.

When you reach 5 Rebirth Souls, you can choose to reroll a rebirth item.
When you reach 10 Rebirth Souls, you gain a rebirth hat.
When you reach 20 Rebirth Souls, you gain a floating rebirth crystal mount.
When you reach 50 Rebirth souls... Well then your gonna be worried about this.

Rebirth Hat - 10 Rebirth Souls
Vanity Hat. Looks like the peridot hat from SU but only its like a crystal and its blue.
Tooltip: "Clod!"

Rebirth Crystal Mount - 20 Rebirth Souls
Mount. Looks like a giant rebirth crystal.
Tooltip: "Sparkly!"
Height: infinite
Speed: Starts slow at 20mph but can reach speeds up to 200mph
You can ram into enemys dealing (100 x rebirth life) Damage.

Devilish Soul - 50 Rebirth Souls
This is a very hardcore item.
When used, permanently TRIPLES the HP and damage of all NPC's in the world.
Tooltip: "I wouldn't do this if I were you."

Voodoo Doll Rack - Life 20+
A Placeable object which shows a rack of both the guide voodoo doll and the clothier.
Tooltip: "Since when was cruelty so F U N ?"

Rebirth Crystal Storm - Life 20+
A Special Magic book that shoots out a mini rebirth crystal at your foes.
Damage: 85 + (10*Rebirth Level)
Knockback: 4.2
Mana: 3
Critical Chance: 3%
Use Time: 10
Velocity: 20
Tooltip: Summons rapid fire mini rebirth crystals.
More items coming soon!

Last edited:
So... its a prestige/new game +? Might want to reconsider the multiplier. Unless my math is wrong you are looking at 82 million x current HP at rebirth 100. (A bad time, is putting it very mildly.) And strength gets a similar bonus? Even in the best endgame gear you would be one shotted 100% of the time by about rebirth 10. (Which would be x6 damage.) If you made it to rebirth 15 its 15x damage. (Besides, lets say it stays that way. Once you master the one shot enemies no additional increase will be any harder.)

Alternatively, do you mean +1.2x? So rebirth one is 1.2, rebirth two is 1.4? Meaning it would be x2 HP/STR at 5 and x3 HP/STR at 10? Even then though the system breaks around rebirth 20 or so.

What you could do is create scaling weapons/armor in the first few rebirths. This would likely undermine the challenge aspect a bit but would have some Disgaea level results in combat. (You and the enemies hit for thousands or even millions of damage.) Would certainly be funny to see, could even make the weapons/armor have a slower increase than the enemies so that it will still get more challenging, just at a slower pace. (Though, just new game to moon lord, no grinding. I have a hard time seeing myself playing through more than 5-10 times before getting bored.)

I dunno, I like the basic idea and the effort put into the idea. It just doesn't sound like it will execute well. (Sorta like Rogue's Legacy, which after just a handful of new game + becomes broken beyond playing.)

So... its a prestige/new game +? Might want to reconsider the multiplier. Unless my math is wrong you are looking at 82 million x current HP at rebirth 100. (A bad time, is putting it very mildly.) And strength gets a similar bonus? Even in the best endgame gear you would be one shotted 100% of the time by about rebirth 10. (Which would be x6 damage.) If you made it to rebirth 15 its 15x damage. (Besides, lets say it stays that way. Once you master the one shot enemies no additional increase will be any harder.)

Alternatively, do you mean +1.2x? So rebirth one is 1.2, rebirth two is 1.4? Meaning it would be x2 HP/STR at 5 and x3 HP/STR at 10? Even then though the system breaks around rebirth 20 or so.

What you could do is create scaling weapons/armor in the first few rebirths. This would likely undermine the challenge aspect a bit but would have some Disgaea level results in combat. (You and the enemies hit for thousands or even millions of damage.) Would certainly be funny to see, could even make the weapons/armor have a slower increase than the enemies so that it will still get more challenging, just at a slower pace. (Though, just new game to moon lord, no grinding. I have a hard time seeing myself playing through more than 5-10 times before getting bored.)

I dunno, I like the basic idea and the effort put into the idea. It just doesn't sound like it will execute well. (Sorta like Rogue's Legacy, which after just a handful of new game + becomes broken beyond playing.)
Your kinda right... You know what, when I get some sprites, I will fix that. I haven't even thought of the math and multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom