Portfolio/Multi-Topic Rebooting the Frost Legion! Giving the old event a new purpose

Huzbubber Tim

Ice Queen
(Note: You may not use my suggestion in any mods, as I am currently in the process of making a mod of my own that is implementing most of my suggestions. Thank you for understanding!)
Note there are no sprites... yet. They are coming.

So the frost legion is cool the first time around. You kill a bunch of snowmen, get Santa to give you decorations, and buy some hats. But after that, the snow globes from the presents begin to stack up with no purpose besides getting snow. Well, to fix this, I am suggesting a large reboot to the frost legion, giving it a new purpose in Terraria.

The central change to the event is that it would become a wave event, like the pumpkin moon, with six waves.Another large change is the amount of enemies added and how the event is completed. The event would now be completed by either defeating all the waves, or until ten minutes have passed.

The waves of the rebooted Frost Legion would contain many new enemies for the player to defeat, along with two mini bosses.

Wave 1: Snowman
Wave 2: Snowman and Mister Stabby (50 points)
Wave 3: Snowman, Mister Stabby, Snow Gangsta, and Snow Balla (100 points)
Wave 4: Snowman, Mister Stabby, Snow Gangsta, Snow Balla, Exploding Snowman, Icicle Archer (350 points)
Wave 5: Slush Monster (mini boss), Exploding Snowman, Icicle Archer, Snowman Glider (450 points)
Wave 6: Snowman Overlord (mini boss), Slush Monster, Snow Roller, Snowman Glider (650 points)

Finish: 700 points.

Enemies:
Snowman (new): Hops at player and deals damage. Does 40 damage. 5 points.

Mister Stabby: 10 points.

Snow Balla: 15 points.

Snowman Gangsta: 15 points.

Exploding Snowman (new): Hops towards player and explodes, dealing 120 damage, making them deadly enemies. 20 points.

Icicle Archer (new): Shoots icicle arrows at the player, dealing 75 damage. Arrows cause Frostburn. 20 points.

Snowman Glider (new): Flies towards player and throws snowballs, dealing 45 ranged and 80 contact. 25 points.

Snow Roller (New): An extremely deadly enemy, snow rollers start as small snowballs and gradually increase in size, becoming huge. They deal 25 damage at their smallest stage and up to 90 at their largest. 35 points.

The expansion would add two new bosses to the event.

Slush Monster: Appears to be a large hunk of slush in a hunched humanoid form. It would attack by jumping on the player ( 50 damage) throwing large balls of slush (70 damage), and shooting streams of slush from it's hands (40 damage) He has 10,000 health and drops items such as the slush heaver and slushballs. He adds 100 points

Snowman Overlord:
The Snowman Overlord appears to be a giant Snowman with multiple arms. He attacks by hitting the player with his arms (50 damage), rapidly firing snowballs (60 damage), throwing giant carrots at the player (90 damage), and summoning snowflakes that damage the player (75 damage). He has 15,000 health. He adds 150 points.

There would be a variety of new items added in the reboot, and some would be changed as well.

Snow: Drops from all enemies except Slush Monster.

Slush: Dropped by Slush Monster.

Snowball: Now drops from Snow Balla

Snowball Rifle: Drops from Snowman Gangsta. Does 30 ranged damage and uses snowballs for ammo.

Exploding Hat: Drops from Exploding Snowmen. When equipped in the accessory slot, the player has a 1/20 chance to explode, killing the player but dealing 600 damage to surrounding enemies. Special death message: "[Player] blew up their hat" (I'm not good at dialogue :)

Icicle Bow: When used, it changes any suitable ammo into an icicle. Icicles are different from frost arrows, at they can pierce up to 4 enemies, and special arrows keep their effects. Does 40 ranged damage.

Slushball: Dropped by Slush Monster. When thrown, they deal 20 damage. Can stack to 99.

Slush Heaver: Uses 10 mana. When used, it casts a ball of slush that rolls and damages enemies. Deals 40 damage. It is a precursor to the staff of earth. Drops from Slush Monster.

Slushy Fist: When used, a large fist made of slush swings around the player like a broadsword. Deals 45 Melee damage. Drops from Slush Monster.

Slush Monster Trophy: 10% drop chance from Slush Monster.

Snow Roller Staff: Uses 15 mana. When used, it summons a snow roller minion. However, when summoned multiple times, it will grow in size, similar to the Stardust Dragon Staff. Does 30 damage, damage increases as it is enlarged. Drops from Snowman Overlord.

Snowy Repeater: Drops from Snowman Overlord. Uses bullets for ammo. Converts any bullets into snow bullets, which explode into snow on contact. Special bullets keep effects. Does 30 ranged damage.

Carrot Launcher: 35 damage. Shoots carrots that pierce through enemies. It is a precursor to the Stake Launcher. Dropped by Snowman Overlord

Carrot: Ammo. Dropped by Snowman Overlord with Carrot Launcher. Sold by Arms Dealer when Carrot Launcher is in the inventory.

Skis: Dropped by Snowman Overlord. When equipped, they allow much faster movement on snow.

Snowy Top Hat: Summons a pet Snowflake (because snowflakes are fun!). Drops from Snowman Overlord.

Snowman Overlord Trophy: 10% drop chance from Snowman Overlord.

Snowman Costume: Each piece has a 0.2% chance to be dropped by any enemy. Makes player look like a snowman.

Thanks to BryTheGamer for help balancing the event!

Thank you for reading my suggestion! Please let me know what you think in the comments!

Last edited:
Great suggestion always thought the frost legion was lacking. Um also you titled rebooting frost moon, but its frost legion. Just saying.

Hmmm, not too sure on this one. I can roll on this being a Wave event, but there's, uh, a couple problems.
All the new enemies are kinda weak, to be honest. The Exploding Snowman does WAY less damage than it should (Stabby does 65, Balla does 70 with Snowballs and 55 on contact, and the Gangsta also does 50), the Icicle Archer is virtually the same as the Snowman Gangsta, the Snowman Glider does practically no damage and the Snow Roller just feels slightly weak. If you want my opinion, I'd say double the Exploding Snowman and Snowman Glider's damage, make the Icicle Archer do maybe around 65 damage and inflict Frostburn(?), and maybe a little more damage on the Snow Roller (to be honest, it might just be the damage it does when it starts out that bothers me, I think it might be perfectly fine).
And there's already some things that exist in the game that you've suggested. The Snowman Pet ([URL='http://terraria.wiki.gg/File:Baby_Snowman.png'][/URL]), and the Ice Bow, which could still work with some new special attributes or something (). And unless you're suggesting that there be a "Marlee" class, you've got a typo with the Slush Heaver.

I think this can work, but it definitely needs some, well, work.
Now I'm scared that this looks extremely rude. This was not my intention.

Hmmm, not too sure on this one. I can roll on this being a Wave event, but there's, uh, a couple problems.
All the new enemies are kinda weak, to be honest. The Exploding Snowman does WAY less damage than it should (Stabby does 65, Balla does 70 with Snowballs and 55 on contact, and the Gangsta also does 50), the Icicle Archer is virtually the same as the Snowman Gangsta, the Snowman Glider does practically no damage and the Snow Roller just feels slightly weak. If you want my opinion, I'd say double the Exploding Snowman and Snowman Glider's damage, make the Icicle Archer do maybe around 65 damage and inflict Frostburn(?), and maybe a little more damage on the Snow Roller (to be honest, it might just be the damage it does when it starts out that bothers me, I think it might be perfectly fine).
And there's already some things that exist in the game that you've suggested. The Snowman Pet (), and the Ice Bow, which could still work with some new special attributes or something (). And unless you're suggesting that there be a "Marlee" class, you've got a typo with the Slush Heaver.

I think this can work, but it definitely needs some, well, work.
Now I'm scared that this looks extremely rude. This was not my intention.
Thanks for the advice! I forgot about the snowman pet, so I'll come up with a different pet. Also, I am still working on the enemies, as I am comparing them to existing ones now. Thanks for the advice though!

Reactions: Bry
Exploding Snowman is already in Terraria. Here is a picture:

upload_2018-6-13_9-42-48.png

This is some solid stuff! Is the Slush Heaver a shovel?

Also, for carrots, could they just shoot some normal ammunition? It's just a little complex to have more single-use ammo implemented.
I'm also gonna humbly request that the bomb hat has something in its tooltip and/or the death doesn't drop any coins, just so newer players don't get completely taken off-guard.

This is some solid stuff! Is the Slush Heaver a shovel?

Also, for carrots, could they just shoot some normal ammunition? It's just a little complex to have more single-use ammo implemented.
I'm also gonna humbly request that the bomb hat has something in its tooltip and/or the death doesn't drop any coins, just so newer players don't get completely taken off-guard.
Yeah, I'm thinking about overhauling and rebalancing this whole suggestion by Christmas

Back
Top Bottom