PC Receive constant signal through timer

Briareos

Terrarian
is there a way so when I toggle a switch, it will send a signal to a timer, and that timer will send both the repeating signal, AND a constant signal originating from the timer?

I am trying to setup a switch to make heart statues go in my arena, but I often forget to turn it on, and I end up forgetting to turn it on mid event/boss, so I would like to be able to have a light(that is not flashing on and off, nor the teeny-tiny indicator on the timer) to tell me if i have turned the timer on. As each time I exit the world, the timer turns off, so if i made it so the switch itself turned on the lights, they would stay on while the timer is off.

I just think it'd be cute when I turned the statues on, the campfires will switch on also.

Let me know if this is possible! Thanks!!

this is actually simple:

Use one color wire from switch to timer, that timer uses three other wires to turn on heart statues
Use a different color wire from switch to light to act as indicator that the timer is on (note, this will stay on even if the timers are off due to world reset)

this is actually simple:

Use one color wire from switch to timer, that timer uses three other wires to turn on heart statues
Use a different color wire from switch to light to act as indicator that the timer is on (note, this will stay on even if the timers are off due to world reset)
I was hoping to find a solution that the lights would turn off when I reset the world

I came up with a reset timer. The input is a Player Above sensor placed at your spawn point, and the output is the green wire going to the gemspark light.

all wires.png

The idea is that the sensor unlocks a reset latch and starts a three second timer, waiting for an input from the 1 second timer. If the 3 second timer runs out, then the 1 second timer powering the statues must have been off. All this is to send a signal to the gate next to the lamp to reset it.

Attachments

• blue.png
    blue.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 76
  • green.png
    green.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 74
  • no wires.png
    no wires.png
    6 KB · Views: 87
  • red.png
    red.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 100
  • yellow.png
    yellow.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 64
the color of the wire placed is dependent on the color of wrench used. if you've upgraded all the way to The Grand Design, there's a menu that can let you toggle what color of wires and/or Actuators you're placing and/or removing.

I came up with a reset timer. The input is a Player Above sensor placed at your spawn point, and the output is the green wire going to the gemspark light.

View attachment 353632
The idea is that the sensor unlocks a reset latch and starts a three second timer, waiting for an input from the 1 second timer. If the 3 second timer runs out, then the 1 second timer powering the statues must have been off. All this is to send a signal to the gate next to the lamp to reset it.

Someone be using the new TEdit wire update I see. Sorry do not want to seem offtopic but as someone who worked / added those features with the main dev, what's your opinions on the translucent wires? Image bellow is what im referring too.

2021-12-03_10_33_01-Window.png

Does this feature help or should it be reverted. What are your thoughts on a solid color wire design? I'm thinking about making a toggle for it?

Does this feature help or should it be reverted. What are your thoughts on a solid color wire design? I'm thinking about making a toggle for it?
I'm not sure about reverting to the previous solution, but the current one needs some tweaks.
  • I see that the per-tile wire opacity is done in the way the layers stack. So red stays opaque, then blue becomes transparent in front of red,[...], lastly yellow gets transparent in front of all the other wires. Would dimming every single wire to the 3 others make the overall image more readable?
  • On a white background the mixed wires can sometimes look too light.
I used TEdit to show one wire color at a time, since terraria has no option to make them completely invisible. Keeping the wires readable when showing them one by one is what matters to me the most.
What I really want is for the transparency to be calculated based on which wires are checked in the layers tab. You can see artifacts of the hidden colors in my images above.

Back
Top Bottom