tModLoader Recipe Browser

I've encountered a bug in the new update. Terraria stops responding when I for example want to look up the recipe of an iron pickaxe so that I have to kill it with the Task Manager. I have several mods installed, but after a while of testing and restarting Terraria I have narrowed it down to two mods besides the Recipe Browser that need to be installed in order to reproduce this bug. The mods are imkSushi's Mod v4.3.1 and The Enigma Mod v0.12.1.3.
The thing is that both of these mods need to be present. If you only install one of them, the game doesn't stop. I'm primarily reporting this here because this only occured after I updated Recipe Browser.
I suspect that it has something to do with the new crafting tree and the fact that both imkSushi's and The Enigma Mod add a way to transmute metals at different costs, but I'm not 100% sure.
I found this bug when I wanted to look up the recipe of the Alchemist Charm Tier 3 from the AlchemistNPC mod (v.7.4.1), but I guess the game stopped responding there because this item also used metal bars in its recipe, and it works fine when either The Enigma Mod or imkSushi's Mod is not installed.
Also, I did make sure to turn off the Calc checkbox.
Even with the calc box disabled, the mod causes some serious lag issues during gameplay. I've had to disable it for the time being.
Yeah, I noticed the imksushi mod bug too. I did some things to avoid it but I forgot about when you click on an actual recipe. I'll look into this. As always, you can downgrade to 0.7 until it is fixed https://github.com/JavidPack/RecipeBrowser/releases/tag/v0.7

I've discovered a bug with Recipe Browser that seems to occur in multiplayer only with the new version (0.8) that has to do with item duping and item loss.

Item duping occurs when opening a chest or storage container, looting all, closing chest, opening again. Any unique item that you had looted beforehand will still be in the chest except for the first slot or something along those lines. Haven't tested to find out exactly.

Item loss occurs when depositing all into a chest, closing chest, opening again. Everything deposited disappears.

I initially found this bug when starting a world with a bunch of mods and disabled mods one by one until the bug stopped. I then tried using only Recipe Browser and it the bug started happening again. So the issue is with this mod and not conflict with any others.

Good news is that the bug doesn't occur using the older version (0.7), so I'll be using that in the meantime.

Finally! Multi-step crafting has always been tedious, thanks for adding this. Well done. Now if only magic storage could add this to its crafting interface

EDIT: Just a small issue not really of priority, but the scroll bar doesn't really function well when it comes to scrolling. You can click and drag the bar just fine, but when you actually scroll with the mouse wheel, it usually just jumps to the end of the list instead of going through a few rows. I also noticed that some npc's in the bestiary say they have no loot drops when they do. For instance the regular and present mimic say that it has no drops.

Last edited:
I've encountered a bug where Terraria freezes when i have pressed on any of the recipes that came up after i have inserted a Material in search pocket. It makes so you cant close the Game and TAB out of it i tried to press ALT + F4 does not work either. The only way that works is to reboot the computer, or pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL and pressing logging out. I play in single player mode. :merchantcry:

I've encountered a bug where Terraria freezes when i have pressed on any of the recipes that came up after i have inserted a Material in search pocket. It makes so you cant close the Game and TAB out of it i tried to press ALT + F4 does not work either. The only way that works is to reboot the computer, or pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL and pressing logging out. I play in single player mode. :merchantcry:
I encountered the same bug, it must be the new update. It causes other UI to lag and you have to restart Terraria to fix it. Sometimes the game will just freeze when using the search with a material in the slot.

Finally! Multi-step crafting has always been tedious, thanks for adding this. Well done. Now if only magic storage could add this to its crafting interface

EDIT: Just a small issue not really of priority, but the scroll bar doesn't really function well when it comes to scrolling. You can click and drag the bar just fine, but when you actually scroll with the mouse wheel, it usually just jumps to the end of the list instead of going through a few rows. I also noticed that some npc's in the bestiary say they have no loot drops when they do. For instance the regular and present mimic say that it has no drops.
that is a problem, i think with tmodloader, that does not(i believe) have a known solution.

(is this even possible?) A way to make the recipe browser tell what is in your storage heart and what crafting stations are in your storage crafting interface,from magic storage, so you can use that crafting tab on it?
edit: every time I open the crafting face and open the recipe browser it crashes my game...

Not sure if we post bugs or not here but I don't know what happened but I've got that error "object reference not set to an instance of an object" and Recipe Browser is causing the whole thing, even tested without it and it works, is there a way to fix it? I can't do heavily modded playthrough without this mod,

Guys please look at previous post/responses before making your own many of the issues/problems mentioned have already gotten a response in which its recommended to downgrade to the previous 0.7v for now until the developer can look into the issue. He posted the dl link in an earlier post.

how the frick am i supposed to downgrade it tho
After downloading the v7 mentioned in an earlier post first open the game goto mods list and disable v8 then reload, after that open up mods list again and click "open mods folder" and in that folder replace "RecipeBrowser.tmod" with the one you just downloaded. After that go back to the game exit out of mods list and go into it again and enable the v7 of Recipe Browser and reload. Boom downgraded...

The recent v0.8 update seems to have a few incompatibilities with some other mods.

If you are having any trouble with Recipe Browser, please downgrade to v0.7.
  1. Download RecipeBrowser v0.7
  2. Place in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods.
  3. Start tModLoader.

1538937415387-1113024053.jpg
I'm not even sure what made this error, but it seems to be either a null pointer or a script that can't find where its supposed to go. The error pops up whenever I try to open a recipe, and it happens with both modded and vanilla recipes. What makes it worse is that it can happen multiple times in a row, whenever I'm entering a world, since recipe browser automatically reopens if you left it open.

I'm not even sure what made this error, but it seems to be either a null pointer or a script that can't find where its supposed to go. The error pops up whenever I try to open a recipe, and it happens with both modded and vanilla recipes. What makes it worse is that it can happen multiple times in a row, whenever I'm entering a world, since recipe browser automatically reopens if you left it open.
k, thanks

So when I used v8 it got to "rebuilding loot cache" when starting up terraria it was barely progressing but it still was progressing, and I believe if did let it keep loading it would've taken like an hour for it. I downgraded to v7 and it gets stuck on "rebuilding loot cache" and made no progression at all. I did not have this problem before (recently started terraria again and updated tmodloader and all of the mods I have). Here's a pic of v7 recipe browser on the loading screen stuck on "rebuilding loot cache". https://imgur.com/a/1I19obg

So when I used v8 it got to "rebuilding loot cache" when starting up terraria it was barely progressing but it still was progressing, and I believe if did let it keep loading it would've taken like an hour for it. I downgraded to v7 and it gets stuck on "rebuilding loot cache" and made no progression at all. I did not have this problem before (recently started terraria again and updated tmodloader and all of the mods I have). Here's a pic of v7 recipe browser on the loading screen stuck on "rebuilding loot cache". https://imgur.com/a/1I19obg

Loot cache issues are related to other mods, 0.7 vs 0.8 has no effect on it:
Issues:
Stuck on "Rebuilding Loot Cache"
  • Close Terraria
  • Launch Terraria, hold shift key until you reach the main menu
  • In the Mods menu, disable all mods except Recipe Browser
  • Reload
  • Slowly add Mods until either it works or it doesn't work again.
  • If it stops working after adding Mod X, tell me Mod X.

I find that after clicking on some items in the recipe browser (Adamantite Enchantment from Fargowiltas is one) my game freezes for around 10 seconds when picking up an item or opening my inventory. This continues until I either restart tModLoader (doesn't reliably fix the problem) or disable Recipe Browser (does reliably fix the problem). It hasn't crashed from this as of yet, just caused ungodly lag.

My mods are: AlchemistNPC, AlternateSwapper, AutoTrash, BossChecklist, Fargowiltas, FKBossHealthBar, HelpfulNPCs, imkSushisDeathCountersMod, imkSushisMod, ItemChecklist, Luiafk, MagicStorage, MassGraveRemover, MaxStackPlus, MechTransfer, PureSpirit, QualityOfLifeRecipes, RecipeBrowser, VeinMiner, WingSlot, WMITF

I find that after clicking on some items in the recipe browser (Adamantite Enchantment from Fargowiltas is one) my game freezes for around 10 seconds when picking up an item or opening my inventory. This continues until I either restart tModLoader (doesn't reliably fix the problem) or disable Recipe Browser (does reliably fix the problem). It hasn't crashed from this as of yet, just caused ungodly lag.

My mods are: AlchemistNPC, AlternateSwapper, AutoTrash, BossChecklist, Fargowiltas, FKBossHealthBar, HelpfulNPCs, imkSushisDeathCountersMod, imkSushisMod, ItemChecklist, Luiafk, MagicStorage, MassGraveRemover, MaxStackPlus, MechTransfer, PureSpirit, QualityOfLifeRecipes, RecipeBrowser, VeinMiner, WingSlot, WMITF
Use the mod browser to downgrade to 0.7. Some mods make the craft tool freeze.

Attempted to divide by zero.
at Terraria.NPC.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Single scaleOverride)
at RecipeBrowser.LootCacheManager.Setup(Mod recipeBrowserMod)
at RecipeBrowser.RecipeBrowser.PostAddRecipes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.PostAddRecipes()

I get the error every time I try to load up the mod, no idea what to do abut it.

Back
Top Bottom