• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • CONSOLE 1.4 NEWS: The current plan is to have Terraria: Journey's End out for Xbox and PlayStation in Q3 2021 (Jul-Sep). Switch will follow shortly afterwards. More info here. Stay up to date with console news here
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

tModLoader Recipe Browser

CesarV

Terrarian
I don't know what UW is, but the window should resize fine at any resolution or UI zoom level. not sure what is up. I personally test it on a 1080p monitor with 100% zoom

UW means ultra wide 21:9 ratio normally. The mod settings don't work at all, but the drag and drop from the lower right corner is working so all good.

I guess another work around would be to lower the UI zoom level in game's options.

Do you have an history of chests becoming bugged while using this mod? I saw a few reddit posts about people who tested their mods and found this one to be causing the chest bug.

In my current world I am playing with my bro, we activate magic storage after the world was build, and I believe because of that and the interaction with recipe browser all the chests in the world are now broken. You have a great helpful mod here, but can you please tweak it a little so it doesn't break chests at all, either when reloading mods or interacting with others? There's no reason at all this mod should be affecting chests in any way.

jopojelly

Retinazer
tModLoader
UW means ultra wide 21:9 ratio normally. The mod settings don't work at all, but the drag and drop from the lower right corner is working so all good.

I guess another work around would be to lower the UI zoom level in game's options.

Do you have an history of chests becoming bugged while using this mod? I saw a few reddit posts about people who tested their mods and found this one to be causing the chest bug.

In my current world I am playing with my bro, we activate magic storage after the world was build, and I believe because of that and the interaction with recipe browser all the chests in the world are now broken. You have a great helpful mod here, but can you please tweak it a little so it doesn't break chests at all, either when reloading mods or interacting with others? There's no reason at all this mod should be affecting chests in any way.
This mod doesn't do anything with chests that vanilla doesn't do, I don't know what could be causing your issue.

Magar(Magman)

Terrarian
I tried to translate the custom mod translation of this mod into Japanese, but the following method did not work. Is there any other way to translate it? There is also a Japanese translation in case you are interested.
C#:
        private static void CustomTrans(string text, string trans)
        {
            Mod recipeBrowser = ModLoader.GetMod("RecipeBrowser");
            ModTranslation translation = recipeBrowser.CreateTranslation(text);
            translation.SetDefault(trans);
            recipeBrowser.AddTranslation(translation);
        }

jopojelly

Retinazer
tModLoader
I tried to translate the custom mod translation of this mod into Japanese, but the following method did not work. Is there any other way to translate it? There is also a Japanese translation in case you are interested.
C#:
        private static void CustomTrans(string text, string trans)
        {
            Mod recipeBrowser = ModLoader.GetMod("RecipeBrowser");
            ModTranslation translation = recipeBrowser.CreateTranslation(text);
            translation.SetDefault(trans);
            recipeBrowser.AddTranslation(translation);
        }
I wasn't aware you could do this, but likely the timing is incorrect, as Recipe Browser gets the translations during its Load method, which means other mods wouldn't really be able to influence them

Magar(Magman)

Terrarian
I wasn't aware you could do this, but likely the timing is incorrect, as Recipe Browser gets the translations during its Load method, which means other mods wouldn't really be able to influence them
Hmmm... from the looks of it, this mod uses lang files to manage the translations. I have a Japanese translation of en-US.lang, but I don't have the skills to replace the lang file from another mod. What should I do?

jopojelly

Retinazer
tModLoader
Hmmm... from the looks of it, this mod uses lang files to manage the translations. I have a Japanese translation of en-US.lang, but I don't have the skills to replace the lang file from another mod. What should I do?

I don't know, the Japanese community seems to have some tools for this kind of thing, I don't really follow it.

Magar(Magman)

Terrarian
I don't know, the Japanese community seems to have some tools for this kind of thing, I don't really follow it.
Okay, I'll try a few methods on my own for a while.

About translating custom mod translations, it didn't completely fail, I was able to translate "RecipeBrowserUI.ModFilter" and "CraftUI.NoPathsFound" as shown in the image below.
By the way, "RecipeBrowserUI.ModFilter" was translated after I right-clicked, left-clicked, and middle-clicked.
1281930_20210325174252_1.png

So what I'm trying to say is that I'd like to support translating your mod into Japanese.

Last edited:

kitsuneneo

Skeletron
I have a mod that gets stuck on the rebuilding loot cache part to report but i dont know where to report it. Its Galactica if anyone wants to know

Top Bottom