tModLoader Recipe Browser

and for some reason now when i click a mob in the bestiary it doesn't show any loot, when i turn loot only on from the item browser nothing pops up.
anyway to fix?

I found a rather serious issue in the mod. If you do the following:
  1. Type something into the search bar in the item tab.
  2. Without hitting enter, double right-click on one of the items that shows up, which will open up the bestiary tab.
  3. Exit the recipe browser.
Your game is now almost completely softlocked. I think the game still thinks you're trying to type in the items tab, so almost all your controls are disabled and you can't use any items. You can't even open the inventory screen or reopen the recipe browser. The only way to undo the bug is to let your character die, or to close the game and reopen it.

You can still chat in multiplayer, switch which item on your hotbar is active, and zoom in/out on the map, but that's about it if the inventory screen isn't open. If the inventory screen is already open when the bug happens, you can use that pretty much as normal: shuffle your inventory, craft items, and even open the settings menu and and go back to the title screen. However, weirdly enough, going back to the title screen and rejoining the world won't fix the bug, so dying and reopening the game are genuinely the only two ways to undo it.

I believe I'm on the latest version of Terraria, tModLoader, and Recipe Browser. We're also using some other mods, although it seems unlikely to be a mod compatibility issue. If you find yourself unable to reproduce it, though, I'll try doing more extensive testing.

I found a rather serious issue in the mod. If you do the following:
  1. Type something into the search bar in the item tab.
  2. Without hitting enter, double right-click on one of the items that shows up, which will open up the bestiary tab.
  3. Exit the recipe browser.
Your game is now almost completely softlocked. I think the game still thinks you're trying to type in the items tab, so almost all your controls are disabled and you can't use any items. You can't even open the inventory screen or reopen the recipe browser. The only way to undo the bug is to let your character die, or to close the game and reopen it.

You can still chat in multiplayer, switch which item on your hotbar is active, and zoom in/out on the map, but that's about it if the inventory screen isn't open. If the inventory screen is already open when the bug happens, you can use that pretty much as normal: shuffle your inventory, craft items, and even open the settings menu and and go back to the title screen. However, weirdly enough, going back to the title screen and rejoining the world won't fix the bug, so dying and reopening the game are genuinely the only two ways to undo it.

I believe I'm on the latest version of Terraria, tModLoader, and Recipe Browser. We're also using some other mods, although it seems unlikely to be a mod compatibility issue. If you find yourself unable to reproduce it, though, I'll try doing more extensive testing.
Confirmed, thanks

Screenshot (7).png
Why am I seeing this? I've already restarted my computer, restarted terraria, and deleted and got the mod back. What should I do?

Hey, could someone explain what each circle on the recipe browser means? (The green/yellow/blue circles on the corners of the items)

First off would like to thank you for creating this mod, it's extremely useful.

A suggestion I would have is the ability to sort through items by weapon damage type e.g. Throwing Damage

To a lesser degree the ability to sort the damage types by damage values.

Any chance of the item browser supporting the "pin/star" functionality? Sometimes I just want to track how many of an item I have in my inventory and they don't always have a crafting recipe associated (farming fishing crates for example).

Love this mod though, feels like it should've always been part of the game.

I found a rather serious issue in the mod. If you do the following: (Cut to preserve space, etc.) Your game is now almost completely softlocked.
I can definitely confirm this. It's been plaguing me and everyone else on the server for quite some time.

For some reason, when I hit F4, I can do things again. Off the top of my head, I don't quite recall what I set F4 to do, but it helped. I'll have to check when I get home.

Thank you giving this to us. I updated, deleted old file replaced with download from this thread and none of these newer features are showing up for me, can someone help me please? The mod still works just not with all the search options, resizing, etc.

Hi, i don't know if that is already implemented and i don't know how to find it or it's not. Is there any way to see where a recipe comes from? I mean u can see where an item comes from (which mod), however for a vanilla item such gold maybe some mod adds a way to create it (for example change plat for gold in an anvil) is there any way to see this specific receipe to create gold where it comes from?

Hi, i don't know if that is already implemented and i don't know how to find it or it's not. Is there any way to see where a recipe comes from? I mean u can see where an item comes from (which mod), however for a vanilla item such gold maybe some mod adds a way to create it (for example change plat for gold in an anvil) is there any way to see this specific receipe to create gold where it comes from?
I'll have to see if that is possible, it might not be.

I looked around so I'm sorry if I missed it, but..
Is there a way to disabled the Item Browser? I only want access to the Recipe Browser and Beast list. Gonna set up a server and the item list is a bit.. much. It also causes a quick freeze when opening, but I'm pretty sure that's just because of how many mods I've got.

I looked around so I'm sorry if I missed it, but..
Is there a way to disabled the Item Browser? I only want access to the Recipe Browser and Beast list. Gonna set up a server and the item list is a bit.. much. It also causes a quick freeze when opening, but I'm pretty sure that's just because of how many mods I've got.
some day, there will be.

Back
Top Bottom