Retinazer
tModLoader
4TfwJ13.png

Recipe Browser

Latest Download:
Steam Workshop (in-game)
Open to collaboration on GitHub
Discord:

Recipe Browser is an indispensable mod for any tModLoader player. It provides a service to the user that the Guide could only dream of providing. :):eek::sigh:) I'll let the videos below show off the various features.

How to use? -> Assign hotkey and press it:

Basic Usage:
Place Items in slot to filter by recipes using or resulting in the item
Click recipe to see ingredients and tiles
Green Recipes are recipes craft-able right now, click to scroll crafting window
Type into filter search boxes to filter by recipe result items
Double click ingredient to filter by that item

Craft Tool (More Info):
Easily Craft Multi-step Recipe Paths

Also try the Query Hovered Item Hotkey for quicker results. I recommend using middle mouse button.

Find out which NPC drops Ingredients
Click on NPC icon to see all drops
Pin/Star Recipes you want to easily track
Alt click to star and unstar
Items that do not stack will automatically be removed from starred list when obtained

Filter by ingredients you actually own
(Inventory/Safe/Nearby Chests)

Item Checklist integration
Recipes involving the most recently discovered item will automatically be light green and high on the list
Item Checklist Only option filters list to only show recipes where all ingredients have previously been seen by the character

In-game Help

Planned Features:
  • Looking for suggestions.
Issues:
Stuck on "Rebuilding Loot Cache"
  • Close Terraria
  • Launch Terraria, hold shift key until you reach the main menu
  • In the Mods menu, disable all mods except Recipe Browser
  • Reload
  • Slowly add Mods until either it works or it doesn't work again.
  • If it stops working after adding Mod X, tell me Mod X.
Error message with "Could not convert..."
Delete "\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\Cache\LootCache.json" and then try again.

Changelog:

v0.8.7
  • New Armor Set Feature (More Info)
  • Mod now remembers window position and sizes
v0.8.3-0.8.6
  • lots of things.
v0.8.2
  • Major performance fixes.
v0.8.1
v0.7.4
  • updated to tModLoader 0.11.3
v0.7.2
  • Show which mod adds which recipes in tooltip
v0.7.1
  • 0.8 features still reverted.
  • Fix for Terraria Overhaul shenanigans and 0.11 Beta
v0.8
  • Craft Tool added (More Info)
    • View multi-step crafting paths
    • More item sources and alternate ways to find items coming soon
v0.7
  • In-game Help panel
  • Super Amazing Item Finding Filters and Tools not in Recipe panel
  • Better Recipe panel design
v0.6.1.1
  • Chinese - thanks 抗药又坚硬汉化组(SBMW GROUP)
  • Italian - thanks @Al Fahrel
  • German - thanks xxSephiroth
  • All 9 Terraria supported languages now complete, thanks everyone!
v0.6
  • tModLoader 0.10.1.3+ now required
  • Super Amazing Item Finding Filters and Tools
    • All sorts of categories and sorts.
  • Multiplayer Starred Recipes
    • Recipes other players have starred with show up for cooperative purposes.
  • Save Starred Recipe Selection
  • Share Recipe in Chat
    • Alt Click on recipe while chat is open
  • Localization
    • Russian - thanks Terraria Phone&PC Team
    • Polish - thanks ArcheRion720
    • French - thanks @orian34
    • Portuguese - thanks @Bluezinho
    • Spanish - thanks PabloVllgs
    • Still need Chinese, Italian, and German. Contact me to help out.
  • Fixed a few LootCache issues.
  • Fixed screen flash for tile selector.
v0.5.2
  • Query Hovered Item Hotkey
    • Quickly populate the recipe browser with the hovered item.
    • I suggest the default hotkey of middle mouse button.
  • Bug Fix with starred recipes using things like "Any Wood"
v0.5.1
  • New Icon! (Thanks BratrilliantG7)
  • New Crafting Tile Selection menu
    • Choose between Inherited and Unique recipes to explore recipes related to the tile
v0.5
  • Bestiary
  • Item Catalogue
v0.4
  • NPC Loot Update!
    • Click Recipe or Ingredient to see enemies that drop that item
    • Click NPC icon to see all drops of that enemy
  • Mods filter now only cycles through mods that add items
v0.3
  • Pin/Favorite recipe (alt click)
v0.1 to v0.2
  • Lots.
RecipeBrowser.png

Last edited:
[Reserved]

Additional Videos:

Resizeable/Dragable UI

RMzQRia.png

Filter by Mod
Mod Icon Peek
Bestiary and Item Catalogue

Easily see which crafting stations you are near

Crazy Awesome Item Searching
Click on Categories, Sub-Categories, Sorts, and Filters to find the item you are looking for.
Scroll with Scrollwheel if you can't see all categories
xcKXdYE.png

Multiplayer Starred Recipes
Recipes that other player star are now shown in the starred recipe menu. You can even see their progress towards completing the crafting recipe. See that they need 2 more Diamonds and you have 2 Diamonds, now you immediately know how to help your friend out. Hover over a recipe to see who starred the recipe.
9bV4IPA.png

Show Recipe in Chat

While chat is open, Alt-Click on recipes in the recipe browser window or starred recipe window

Localization
Neat huh?
9OvKTgU.png

Last edited:
Okay. That's pretty :red:ing awesome. But what about things that drop from any enemy like my loot bags? Would it show a list of ever enemy in the game?

Super big update just now!, I'm really excited for this often requested feature!

v0.4
  • NPC Loot Update!
    • Click Recipe or Ingredient to see enemies that drop that item
    • Click NPC icon to see all drops of that enemy
  • Mods filter now only cycles through mods that add items

Videos of the feature in action:

See which enemies drop which items:
See all drops of an enemy:
RMzQRia.png

Okay for some reason your mods always break my game, first of all it was Crystalium causing the Aquatic depths to merge with the crimson desert.
Now with your latest update to the recipe browser enemies will not drop anything.
I'm so confused, I tried enabling just recipe browser and enemies won't drop anything

edit: clearing the loot cache fixed it, but you should try and make that a warning

Okay for some reason your mods always break my game, first of all it was Crystalium causing the Aquatic depths to merge with the crimson desert.
Now with your latest update to the recipe browser enemies will not drop anything.
I'm so confused, I tried enabling just recipe browser and enemies won't drop anything

edit: clearing the loot cache fixed it, but you should try and make that a warning
I think what you experienced was just a bug in 0.4, it was fixed a few minutes later in 0.4.0.1

Suggestion; Right click remove filter text.
Most modded Minecraft search bars have this feature now, would be nice if Recipe Browser did too.

Suggestion; Hotkey puts items back into inventory or when you place an item to search it places a "ghost" rather than the real item.

Information on NPC Loot is a very wonderful feature.
I am trying something similar, but your means is more effective.

I apologize again for my mod, I am using your code without permission.
So, I would like to use your code in the correct procedure.

So what about NPC Loot I can cooperate with you?

Suggestion; Right click remove filter text.
Most modded Minecraft search bars have this feature now, would be nice if Recipe Browser did too.

Suggestion; Hotkey puts items back into inventory or when you place an item to search it places a "ghost" rather than the real item.
Ok, I just released an update with both right click to clear and a clear button. Just so you know, you could always have used Ctrl X to clear as well.

I'll think about the ghost item idea. The problem is when you click the item will have to go back to the last available slot in the inventory, not the slot it came from. (No way around it). I wonder if that will be a worse experience than what it is now where users click and move items back to their intended inventory slot. (Like, they'd have to find it in their inventory to move it back to the correct slot rather than knowing it'll be in the UI slot. This could be annoying if you have a somewhat full inventory)

I can leave the item on the mouse AND place a ghost, but then the user has to place the item back immediately

I'll also think about the hotkey putting the item back in inventory. Right now the close button does that, but not the hotkey. I feel that some users might like being able to quickly hide and show the menu without having the item in the search slot removed automatically, especially those with smaller monitor resolutions. hmm..

Thank you for one of the most useful mods ever, along with Helpful Hotkeys. Pure quality of life.

I can leave the item on the mouse AND place a ghost, but then the user has to place the item back immediately

I think that this is a improvement without downsides. Maybe start with that and let people feedback.

Ok, I just released an update with both right click to clear and a clear button. Just so you know, you could always have used Ctrl X to clear as well.

I'll think about the ghost item idea. The problem is when you click the item will have to go back to the last available slot in the inventory, not the slot it came from. (No way around it). I wonder if that will be a worse experience than what it is now where users click and move items back to their intended inventory slot. (Like, they'd have to find it in their inventory to move it back to the correct slot rather than knowing it'll be in the UI slot. This could be annoying if you have a somewhat full inventory)

I'll also think about the hotkey putting the item back in inventory. Right now the close button does that, but not the hotkey. I feel that some users might like being able to quickly hide and show the menu without having the item in the search slot removed automatically, especially those with smaller monitor resolutions. hmm..

Awesome, I'm loving the filter clears. Quick and easy. Also loving the mob drops listing, maybe cool to have a mob search now? =P People always want more lol.

Idea for the item ghosting, how about when you click the filter with your item it automagically goes back into the inventory as if you closed the inventory with the item on the cursor? Should work unless the item was in the hotbar.

Terraria crashed yesterday and i turned it
back on to find this
halp.PNG

It was working fine before it crashed then it was broken. I have no clue what this means and i want recipe browser back. If someone could explain this to me and help me out it would be very much thanked. if you need more information i can supply this.

Terraria crashed yesterday and i turned it
back on to find this
halp.PNG

It was working fine before it crashed then it was broken. I have no clue what this means and i want recipe browser back. If someone could explain this to me and help me out it would be very much thanked. if you need more information i can supply this.
Well, I need to know the verison you are on, and also the tmodloader version, which you cropped out for some reason. First make sure you are all up to date.

i cropped it out because i have a small screen and it was behind my taskbar(i don't have a printscreen button so i couldn't do it in fullscreen sorry). I'm on the latest version of tmodloader and i'm on 1.3.5.2 which it actually says in the corner it's just barely visible.

Back
Top Bottom