tModLoader Recipe Browser

Hi i keep getting this error, and id like help resolving it.
Attempted to divide by zero.
at Terraria.NPC.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Single scaleOverride)
at RecipeBrowser.LootCacheManager.Setup(Mod recipeBrowserMod) in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\RecipeBrowser\LootCache.cs:line 401
at RecipeBrowser.RecipeBrowser.PostAddRecipes() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\RecipeBrowser\RecipeBrowser.cs:line 145
at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.PostAddRecipes()
View attachment 218400
post enabled.json and the logs file

post enabled.json and the logs file
sorry where do i find the enabled.json? i am a noob sorry. also when i click open logs it just pops up with what i sent you : Attempted to divide by zero.
at RecipeBrowser.LootCacheManager.Setup(Mod recipeBrowserMod) in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\RecipeBrowser\LootCache.cs:line 401
at RecipeBrowser.RecipeBrowser.PostAddRecipes() in D:\Documents\My Games\Terraria/ModLoader\Mod Sources\RecipeBrowser\RecipeBrowser.cs:line 145

sorry where do i find the enabled.json? i am a noob sorry. also when i click open logs it just pops up with what i sent you : Attempted to divide by zero.
"\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mods\enabled.json"

i found the answer. if you have the cheese mod it will crash (recipie browser that is). i would disclaim that as my friends had the same problem

Yesterday I was just getting into. Mods so I installed this mod and a few other (mod list below) I would load into my world fine but every other 3 mins it would freeze then it will refresh my monitor (meaning It goes black and all the icons on my desktop refresh) I then started troubleshooting to find the problem and I ended up uninstalling recipe browser and it stopped doing it I want to use this mod but be able to play the game does anyone know how to fix this?

1Calamity
2Boss check list
3yet another boss health bar
4latest version of recipe browser

Heya, just some random suggestions for new features down the line, perhaps, since I'm looking to maybe start up a new Terraria instance soon and the creative head-stuff is doing its thing yet again.

1. It would be nice to be able to filter armor based on class like you can with weapons. I figure one way to do this would be to search for keywords in the armor's stats/tooltips. Manually searching doesn't always seem to work, as the search doesn't seem to get every line of every tooltip for some reason.
2. A way to group items into sets would be nice. Similar to the armor search, somehow figuring out codewise which items form set bonuses with eachother, then grouping them into single "[Keyword] Set" icons that could allow you to see overall crafting requirements for a set, and what the set bonus tooltip says without crafting and equipping the set yourself, would be neat.
3. Improvements to Expert Bags and other loot-bag type items. I've never been able to get them to display their drops in the browser, even though I'm sure that was a feature this mod was supposed to have. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
4. An ability for mods to add their own categories so that you could filter weapons by say... Radiant Damage from Thorium, if they used the API to add support (assuming there isn't already an API to do exactly that).

Heya, just some random suggestions for new features down the line, perhaps, since I'm looking to maybe start up a new Terraria instance soon and the creative head-stuff is doing its thing yet again.

1. It would be nice to be able to filter armor based on class like you can with weapons. I figure one way to do this would be to search for keywords in the armor's stats/tooltips. Manually searching doesn't always seem to work, as the search doesn't seem to get every line of every tooltip for some reason.
2. A way to group items into sets would be nice. Similar to the armor search, somehow figuring out codewise which items form set bonuses with eachother, then grouping them into single "[Keyword] Set" icons that could allow you to see overall crafting requirements for a set, and what the set bonus tooltip says without crafting and equipping the set yourself, would be neat.
3. Improvements to Expert Bags and other loot-bag type items. I've never been able to get them to display their drops in the browser, even though I'm sure that was a feature this mod was supposed to have. Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.
4. An ability for mods to add their own categories so that you could filter weapons by say... Radiant Damage from Thorium, if they used the API to add support (assuming there isn't already an API to do exactly that).
Thanks for the suggestions, all good suggestions. 4 is already implemented and Thorium does it, you can see new Weapon subcategories in the Weapons category

Thanks for the suggestions, all good suggestions. 4 is already implemented and Thorium does it, you can see new Weapon subcategories in the Weapons category
Wait really? That must be relatively new addition on their end, as I've never seen it before, despite using both mods together since I first started using mods.

It seems like everyone and their mom is putting all loot drops from bosses into loot bags, meaning 95% of loot (feels like) doesn't show where it comes from in Recipe Browser.

Is there some setting I need to toggle to make loot bag loot show up? If not, are there plans to implement this or a different mod that adds it into recipe browser?

It seems like everyone and their mom is putting all loot drops from bosses into loot bags, meaning 95% of loot (feels like) doesn't show where it comes from in Recipe Browser.

Is there some setting I need to toggle to make loot bag loot show up? If not, are there plans to implement this or a different mod that adds it into recipe browser?
eventually.

Modded boss/event summon items don't appear in the boss summons category. I've enabled a lot of mods at once to check (Ancients Awakened, Antiaris, Calamity, Consolaria, Elements Awoken, Fargo's Mutant Mod, GRealm, Peculiarity, Reduced Grinding, Sacred Tools, Spirit, Thorium, Tremor, and more) and while most of their summon items appear when filtering by tooltip for the word "summons", only the vanilla ones appear in the category.
Filtered by "consumables" category + "summons" tooltip text:
8C8WhH0.png

Filtered by "boss summons" category:
vkwyS4j.png

The problem of filtering by tooltip text is that it also shows other items, and misses some of the boss summon items if they don't actually use that text.
Example of "summons" consumable that isn't a boss summons.
nj2E1XB.png

Example of boss summon item that doesn't use the word "summons" in its tooltip. Reduced Grinding likes periphrases.
CxVeLgW.png

I've also noticed that Chad's Furniture has several items that improperly appear in the Dye category (Sandstone Workbench, Tip Jar, Library Sign...) but since it's the only mod of those I've loaded that do that, it's probably a bug on its side rather than on Recipe Browser's.

The "Consumables" category also shows items that aren't marked as "consumable" in their tooltip. Items that "can be placed" also appear. That sorta makes sense in that placing an item consumes it from the player's inventory point of view, but perhaps a separate "furniture" category would be better? The tooltip labels "consumable" and "can be placed" are automatically applied by the engine, it's not part of the tooltip text (and as such cannot be used in the tooltip filter) so there must be a way for a mod to tell the difference too. With mods like Chad's Furniture and Jenosis' Furniture Food & Fun (Cosmetic Variety), a furniture category would be useful in its own right.

Modded boss/event summon items don't appear in the boss summons category. I've enabled a lot of mods at once to check (Ancients Awakened, Antiaris, Calamity, Consolaria, Elements Awoken, Fargo's Mutant Mod, GRealm, Peculiarity, Reduced Grinding, Sacred Tools, Spirit, Thorium, Tremor, and more) and while most of their summon items appear when filtering by tooltip for the word "summons", only the vanilla ones appear in the category.
Filtered by "consumables" category + "summons" tooltip text:
8C8WhH0.png

Filtered by "boss summons" category:
vkwyS4j.png

The problem of filtering by tooltip text is that it also shows other items, and misses some of the boss summon items if they don't actually use that text.
Example of "summons" consumable that isn't a boss summons.
nj2E1XB.png

Example of boss summon item that doesn't use the word "summons" in its tooltip. Reduced Grinding likes periphrases.
CxVeLgW.png

I've also noticed that Chad's Furniture has several items that improperly appear in the Dye category (Sandstone Workbench, Tip Jar, Library Sign...) but since it's the only mod of those I've loaded that do that, it's probably a bug on its side rather than on Recipe Browser's.

The "Consumables" category also shows items that aren't marked as "consumable" in their tooltip. Items that "can be placed" also appear. That sorta makes sense in that placing an item consumes it from the player's inventory point of view, but perhaps a separate "furniture" category would be better? The tooltip labels "consumable" and "can be placed" are automatically applied by the engine, it's not part of the tooltip text (and as such cannot be used in the tooltip filter) so there must be a way for a mod to tell the difference too. With mods like Chad's Furniture and Jenosis' Furniture Food & Fun (Cosmetic Variety), a furniture category would be useful in its own right.
Thanks. Boss Summons are sorted based on ItemID.Sets.SortingPriorityBossSpawns, which I guess we never did in ExampleMod's Summon Items, which means modders never caught on. I'll make sure to fix ExampleMod to show proper usage of ItemID.Sets.SortingPriorityBossSpawns.

I'll look into refining the consumables category as well. There is a separate Placeables category that you might have missed.

I used Recipe Browser for checking up recipes for Fargo's Souls mod, and I noticed several recipes are not able to be displayed with the current MaxWidth, as that only allows for up to 13 items to show when the Recipe window is fully expanded (and the 13th item is slightly cropped). As many Items need the 14 crafting items, I found myself having to switch from Cheat Sheet's recipe browser and Recipe Browser to be able to see the recipes.

Would it be possible for a next version to increase the mainPanel.maxWidth by about 100px? that seems to be enough to display the missing item. Alternatively, could you allow for the recipe displayer to have a second or third row when the first one is not enough? Thanks in advance.

I used Recipe Browser for checking up recipes for Fargo's Souls mod, and I noticed several recipes are not able to be displayed with the current MaxWidth, as that only allows for up to 13 items to show when the Recipe window is fully expanded (and the 13th item is slightly cropped). As many Items need the 14 crafting items, I found myself having to switch from Cheat Sheet's recipe browser and Recipe Browser to be able to see the recipes.

Would it be possible for a next version to increase the mainPanel.maxWidth by about 100px? that seems to be enough to display the missing item. Alternatively, could you allow for the recipe displayer to have a second or third row when the first one is not enough? Thanks in advance.
Maybe I'll do that, but that panel (as are many others) is a scroll panel, use your scroll wheel over it

Many recipes from Skyblock do not appear in Recipe Browser when using the mod filter. Here's an example:
6jFU3qA.png
The guide shows recipes using sand blocks, in that mod you can create silt, ice, and desert fossil blocks as well as compacted sand; but Recipe Browser only shows compacted sand. However, when not using the mod filter, the recipes do appear, and they are correctly identified as coming from the Sandblock mod:
NdJ8yig.png

Many recipes from Skyblock do not appear in Recipe Browser when using the mod filter. Here's an example:
6jFU3qA.png
The guide shows recipes using sand blocks, in that mod you can create silt, ice, and desert fossil blocks as well as compacted sand; but Recipe Browser only shows compacted sand. However, when not using the mod filter, the recipes do appear, and they are correctly identified as coming from the Sandblock mod:
NdJ8yig.png
The Mod filter is for filtering the crafted item, not the source of the recipe. I'll see what I can do to support both.

Back
Top Bottom