tModLoader Recipe Browser

That didn't work.
k, then it could be some mod incompatibility. The mod works by killing enemies while loading the mod, if another mod is preventing drops under certain circumstances, the drop detection algorithm might not work. I"m not sure how to go about fixing that, or detecting which mod is at fault. You can, at the very least, delete that file, then only enable recipe browser, then reload mods, that will ensure all the terraria enemies have their drop information filled out without interference from other mods. After that enable all the other mods you were using and reload.

I'm having a problem where the mod in the Mod browser just won't update. And before anyone asks, its just this mod, not any other. It gets stuck at full and doesn't go and start updating the next.

When magic storage support for recipe browser ?
I use mainly magic storage for, well, storage and this would be super useful !

Hey, I've been using your mod a lot recently thanks to the recent quarantine, and I wanted to know if you were aware of a weird interaction between this mod and AutoTrash? On startup, when I open the recipe browser with an open chest, the slot for the recipe browser is exactly over the AutoTrash slot, which leads to some interesting shenanigans: items that I put in the browser are dumped into the AutoTrash slot instead, with predictable results =P

Not really a bug, just a weird interaction ^^)

Is there a way to find out what mod added a recipe? I have a mod that lets me convert gold to platinum and I want to remove that mod.

Is there a way to find out what mod added a recipe? I have a mod that lets me convert gold to platinum and I want to remove that mod.
It should say "Recipe added by ModName" when you hover over a recipe in the browser. If a mod is editing a vanilla recipe, however, it wouldn't be able to tell. Check the tooltip.

Your mod crashes my game whenever I try to go into a world, existing or not.

EDIT: This is an error log that also pops up, hope it helps.

Terraria: Error (tModLoader v0.11.6.2)

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.FNAPlatform' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib
at (wrapper managed-to-native) SDL2.SDL:SDL_GetPlatform ()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform..cctor () [0x00000] in FNA.dll
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.FNAPlatform..cctor () [0x0026d] in FNA.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_generic_class_init (intptr)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game..ctor () [0x000cd] in FNA.dll
at Terraria.Main..ctor () [0x001ae] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_ () [0x00047] in tModLoader.exe

Last edited:
Your mod crashes my game whenever I try to go into a world, existing or not.

EDIT: This is an error log that also pops up, hope it helps.

Terraria: Error (tModLoader v0.11.6.2)

System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.FNAPlatform' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libSDL2-2.0.0.dylib
at (wrapper managed-to-native) SDL2.SDL:SDL_GetPlatform ()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.SDL2_FNAPlatform..cctor () [0x00000] in FNA.dll
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.FNAPlatform..cctor () [0x0026d] in FNA.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_generic_class_init (intptr)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game..ctor () [0x000cd] in FNA.dll
at Terraria.Main..ctor () [0x001ae] in tModLoader.exe
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_ () [0x00047] in tModLoader.exe

Have you tested this to make sure it's only when RecipeBrowser is enabled/works when RecipeBrowser's disabled but nothing else has changed? (cause that error log doesn't mention RecipeBrowser, just sayin...)

ETA: also, how do you try to enter a world that doesn't exist? :nymph:

Is there a way in which to hide or at least lock the favorites menu that pops up when you favorite it? Might be nice to put it in a sub-menu or at least allow us to lock it once it's somewhere we want. It's only an issue because when I have things favorited, if I'm auto-swinging and hover over it, I stop swinging
Thank you for the mod, as well as all your work on everything you do, it's incredibly appreciated!!

What a good mod!

Problem: doesn't that basically rid the use of the Guide other than indirect uses such as summoning the WoF? What I'd suggest is that you can only use the Recipe Browser when the Guide is alive.

Whenever I put an item, e.g. Souls of Flight in the Recipe window, I dont see any enemy that can drop it whatsoever. Am I missing an option or is this a bug?

Love the mod! I never play through Terraria without it.

That said, I'm looking for a way to bookmark 10-20 recipes without keeping dozens of tabs open in my browser or cluttering up the UI while playing the game. Would it be possible to add a toggle (either in the mod configuration menu or as a hotkey) to show/hide the favorited recipes box? Maybe visible while the Recipe Browser is open and hidden while it's closed, or something like that. Thanks for your work on the mod!

Love the mod! I never play through Terraria without it.

That said, I'm looking for a way to bookmark 10-20 recipes without keeping dozens of tabs open in my browser or cluttering up the UI while playing the game. Would it be possible to add a toggle (either in the mod configuration menu or as a hotkey) to show/hide the favorited recipes box? Maybe visible while the Recipe Browser is open and hidden while it's closed, or something like that. Thanks for your work on the mod!
I think the starred recipe thing has a max height to prevent it from getting to tall, but I can see how this could be helpful, I'll think about how to approach this.

v0.8.7 released:
  • New Armor Set Feature
  • Show sell price when sorting by value
  • Mod now remembers window position and sizes
  • Updated Spanish translation
The Armor Set feature adds a special category to the Item Catalog. In this category, you'll see armor sets and use this info to plan out which armor set you want to work towards. You can even search set bonus tooltips to find that special armor set that boosts your weapon class. You can also visualize the armor on your character and even see dyes and accessories currently equipped.

Do note that you will experience a few seconds of lag the first time you visit this feature, it is expected.

Watch this feature in action:

Back
Top Bottom