tModLoader Recipe Tweaker 2

MorningStar

Terrarian
Recipe Tweaker 2 is a mod that was inspired by Craft Tweaker from Minecraft. I built this mod after playing a modpack from minecraft and thought, this would be a cool thing to add to terraria. I checked to make sure nobody had an existing mod similar, couldn't find one, so here we are! This mod allows you to disable any recipe and allows you to create your own recipes. Special thanks goes to jopojelly for permitting me to use some of his source code for this mod.

This was built using TModLoader v0.11.4 so you'll need to update.

Let's get into it shall we...
ToMar8g.png

How it works:
Recipes are only added/disabled on reload. So for your first recipe, you'll want to hop into a single player world, open the UI (set a hotkey in controls) and create your recipe. Once you finish your recipe make sure you hit save, especially after editing quite a few recipes or you will be a very sad player when you reload. So once you hit save, exit the world and then reload mods. Your new or disabled recipe(s) will appear at the bottom of the recipe list.

You cannot edit recipes in multiplayer. The marking feature exists so if you encounter a recipe in multiplayer that you'd like to change, you simply mark it and keep playing. Keep in mind that reloading mods will clear all marked recipes. The edited recipes are stored in the server sided config, so when you join a server with this mod you will receive that server's config file. Your client will then reload mods so the edited recipes will take effect.

Now depending on the amount of mods you run, you could have A LOT of recipes. So we need a way to search through the recipes and view the ones we want to find.

6p6cSss.png

@ = mod search
! = exclude mod search
# = tool tip search
% = workstation search (for recipes only)
$ = sub search - used to find items within expressed search criteria
& = marked recipe search (does not need $)

lpdSFVq.png

How to create a custom recipe:
1AogT44.png

Left click in the recipe grid to show the recipe, right click to mark recipes and use middle click to disable a recipe
The recipe grid is on the top, the item grid is on the bottom, and the custom recipe grid is on the right.

What if something goes wrong? Well I took a lot of time to carefully setup exception handles and I think I covered everything. However, in the event of an error, I've provided some feedback.
Let's look at one:
09UzyEJ.png

3bCBZlz.png

Currently, this mod does not support adding custom recipe groups. Existing recipe groups SHOULD be fine but may appear incorrect (visual only).
So that's about it, be sure to read the in-game description for anything I might have missed. The download is on the mod browser, let me know if you have any feature suggestions or bug reports.

Last edited:
config syncing cause server says too long packet and joining server will be impossible

Hot damn, this mod is hard to use. It could really use a better user guide or something, because I've been trying to disable a few pre-existing recipes from WeaponsOut for the past hour, and I'm still no closer to understanding how to do that than I was at the start.

Hot damn, this mod is hard to use. It could really use a better user guide or something, because I've been trying to disable a few pre-existing recipes from WeaponsOut for the past hour, and I'm still no closer to understanding how to do that than I was at the start.
Yeah, honestly i dislike how it turned out. This mod also is no longer supported or updated for v1.3 terraria. However, i have rewritten this mod and released a more clear guide im sure you'll appreciate on the steam workshop for v1.4 alpha. Check it out, its called "recipe editor"

Back
Top Bottom