Recursive Wall of Flesh AFK Autofarm combined with an Underworld Mob Grinder

DicemanX

Brain of Cthulhu
In this guide I present a fusion of underworld mob farming with recursive Wall of Flesh farming. Building the farm requires the player to collect a number of Lihzahrd temple traps, although fewer traps can be used in the farm at the expense of a longer WoF track. First, I'll showcase the farm in action and then provide the schematics with a brief explanation of how the farm was put together. Finally, I'll offer a world download so that you can try the farm for yourself - all you need to do is teleport into the farm and the rest happens automatically.

The Wall of Flesh is a great boss to farm since all of its Emblems, and the accessories that can be crafted from those Emblems, are very powerful even in the endgame. However, to actually collect and craft all those accessories would require farming the WoF dozens of times, and many more times if you wish to outfit other player characters. Therefore, creating a good Wall of Flesh autofarm can save a lot of time, and of course it can be a blast to build and watch in action!

The trick to recursive Wall of Flesh farming is to de-equip any shields to enable knockback, and have the Wall of Flesh knock the player into a teleporter to teleport the player to safety further down the WoF track. This automatically initiates a timer cascade designed to return the player to the grinder shortly after the WoF is killed. A hoik track collects the WoF treasure bag and delivers it right to the player before the player is teleported.

Video:

Schematics:

ZMNI2NA.png

tc8HhWV.png

Explanation:

The player arrives in the staging area via the blue wire connected to a teleporter at home base (blue wire at the bottom edge of the schematic). This triggers both a timer cascade and a bird statue, which sends a bird down a track to activate pressure plates connected to actuated dart traps in three dart trap batteries consisting of 16 super dart traps each. When the bird reaches the end pressure plate it teleports a dummy ghost into the hoik track below the spawn surface, and the ghost continuously activates pressure plates connected to teleporters that comprise the spawn surface. This activation of teleporters causes spawned mobs to be teleported into a kill chamber on the far left. The player is teleported to a position below that kill chamber once the 28 second timer cascade reaches the end.

Once a Voodoo Demon spawns and is teleported into the kill chamber, it will drop the doll into the lava once killed, spawning the Wall of Flesh. Once the WoF gets close to the player, one of the Hungry will knock the player into the pressure plate to the right of the player, teleporting the player back to the staging area out of harm's way. The WoF will then proceed down the corridor (21 tiles high to compress the eyes within that space), getting constantly hit by the darts. Once it reaches the bubble block region it will die, drop the treasure bag into the hoik track, and the timer cascade will briefly actuate and then deactuate the hoik track to deliver the bag to the player. The player will then be teleported back to the grinder, waiting until the Guide respawns and another doll is dropped into the lava.

The bubble blocks prevent the WoF demonite box from spawning after it is killed.

The Wall of Flesh farming can be shut off by draining the lava from the kill chamber, accomplished by activating a switch that actuates blocks to the side of the chamber. To re-emable WoF farming, the switch can be activated again to deactuate the drain, and the Lava Slimes, which release some lava when killed, will refill the chamber with lava.

World Download (v13.0):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4b_4cIU1vVBU3l3bXN2bno3TzA/view?usp=sharing

Lots of clever considerations here: player knock-back by hungry into pressure plate, slim lava lava overflow feature, bubble block denial of WoF kill-box... Well done.

Lots of clever considerations here: player knock-back by hungry into pressure plate, slim lava lava overflow feature, bubble block denial of WoF kill-box... Well done.

Thanks! I originally has the WoF capturing and dragging the player into a teleporter, but I kept dying on occasion since the teleportation sometimes occurred "behind" the WoF which spells instant death. Then it just dawned on me that I could just let one of the hungry hit me by equipping the shield. Can't believe I missed that strategy, since I worked on automated WoF farms quite a bit a long while ago.

What did you fill the top part of the underworld with? How did you fill it? (Manually?)

I chose ash blocks, but you can use any block or simply pour lava on the top part of the tunnel. Using lava is the simplest, but I used ash blocks for the sake of presentation so that external parts of the farm wouldn't distract.

I chose ash blocks, but you can use any block or simply pour lava on the top part of the tunnel. Using lava is the simplest, but I used ash blocks for the sake of presentation so that external parts of the farm wouldn't distract.
/sigh

Manually it is then. (Even with smart cursor it's a pain.)

Lava is great ... unless you change your mind then you have a disposal problem.

Ik this post is fairly old and I'm trying to recreate this but the only thing I'm having trouble with is X by X size

Back
Top Bottom