Other Reduce the enemy spawn rate to 0 when fighting a boss

Should the spawn rate be reduced?

• Total voters

WyattRodebaugh

Official Terrarian
so i was just playing terraria and i was fighting skeletron and sense it was a bloodmoon, there was to many darn mobs there that made me angry.
i just wish for no mobs to spawn when fighting a boss because it increases the chances of death.

I believe bosses already take up some NPC slots to reduce the max amount of enemies on screen and it already seems like enemy spawn chances are reduced. It would be nice to eliminate most enemy spawns during a boss battle, but I experience no problems in how it works now. Just don't fight bosses without a proper arena and try not to fight bosses when a Blood Moon is happening.

I believe bosses already take up some NPC slots to reduce the max amount of enemies on screen
You're correct. According to the wiki page:
"When the game is determining the maximum number of enemies in the area, the "Max Spawns" is used. Some enemies count towards this limit more than others. Most bats are considered 0.5, uncommon enemies typically count as 3, bosses count as 5 and finally critters do not count toward the limit. Each individual segment of worm enemies counts towards the spawn limit."

Using a calming potion, peace candle, and some sunflowers would reduce significantly reduce spawns during boss fights, because both the spawn rate and the max spawns would be lowered. But it would be nice to disable the spawning of other enemies while a boss is active.

Yeah, im struggling with skeletron because zombies spawn in my arena, and since im focusing on dodging skeletron, i get hit by zombies which slows me down-

Back
Top Bottom