NPCs & Enemies reduce the health from the force field of the celestial pillars, that's an urgent change

HEY EVERY !

Terrarian
Currently the most frustrating thing in the entire game is the celestial event, not just because solar pillar is extremelly overpowered and destroying it takes thousands of afterlifes, but the major problem that affects all pillars is the insane health their force fields have, even after beating moonlord and getting endgame armor it's extremelly frustrating and annoying to pass through, i kill like 1000 enemies and the shield's health haven't even reached half, and we have to pass through this piece of garbage of event every time we need lunar fragments since there's no other way of getting lunar fragments, not even lunar fragment veins to encourage underground exploration after endgame, i made a post about my ideas for lunar fragment and luminite veins

I don't have any feedback on this idea. Sorry about that. however, i can offer you some help - if you find the solar pillar itself hard, the scutlix mount (brain scrambler, fight the martian madness thousands of times i guess :( ) and vampire knives (welp sorry if you've got corruption) can help. i was slaughtered by the solar pillar until i got the scutlix and vampire knives, and then tried to keep my distance from the pillar. a powerful minion helps too.

I agree, actually.
Doing them first time like that is one thing, but you usually not get enough fragments - nor luminite from Moon Lord - to craft all the things you want, and repeating the event is rather boring and frustrating. And then you got hit by moon lord's deathray and can start the whole thing again...

Solar pillar isn't that tough though, crawltipede only attacks you if you're mid-air, and besides corites (and crawltipede), nothing can pass through solid blocks. I usually have much more trouble with nebulla pillar.

Your idea about veins of fragments and luminite could work. luminite has a form of ore anyway, for no real reason (yes, it can make bricks, but besides that). why, those ores could just generate underground too. maybe in relatively small veins, but still...

Yeah, I usually just take an ice rod to the event areas, shoot a block of ice near the pillar, then build a little box to protect me from threats so I can fire at the pillar on "the ground" and feel protected. It usually works.

Currently the most frustrating thing in the entire game is the celestial event, not just because solar pillar is extremelly overpowered and destroying it takes thousands of afterlifes, but the major problem that affects all pillars is the insane health their force fields have, even after beating moonlord and getting endgame armor it's extremelly frustrating and annoying to pass through, i kill like 1000 enemies and the shield's health haven't even reached half, and we have to pass through this piece of garbage of event every time we need lunar fragments since there's no other way of getting lunar fragments, not even lunar fragment veins to encourage underground exploration after endgame, i made a post about my ideas for lunar fragment and luminite veins

If you prefer a pillar lunar with little health on his shield, you play in a world of easier difficulty, classic world, it was like this in 1.3 when I knew the game, I don't know if it is still like that, I only play in master mode worlds now.
It looks like you are new to the game and already started playing in expert mode :happy:

Last edited:
I don't have any feedback on this idea. Sorry about that. however, i can offer you some help - if you find the solar pillar itself hard, the scutlix mount (brain scrambler, fight the martian madness thousands of times i guess :( ) and vampire knives (welp sorry if you've got corruption) can help. i was slaughtered by the solar pillar until i got the scutlix and vampire knives, and then tried to keep my distance from the pillar. a powerful minion helps too.
i'm sorry but i'm ranger and i have more than 1 brain cell to know perfecly that staying in midair for too long during solar pillar is a death sentence and also that there are better flying mounts than cosmic car key

'm sorry but i'm ranger and i have more than 1 brain cell to know perfecly that staying in midair for too long during solar pillar is a death sentence and also that there are better flying mounts than cosmic car key
The Brain Scrambler mount doesn't fly. I used CCK and ranged against the pillars. Worked against all but Solar. Not to be rude or anything, but I'm not exactly sure where you got stuff about the Car Key or flying from my post.

i'm sorry but i'm ranger and i have more than 1 brain cell to know perfecly that staying in midair for too long during solar pillar is a death sentence and also that there are better flying mounts than cosmic car key
The Brain Scrambler mount doesn't fly. I used CCK and ranged against the pillars. Worked against all but Solar. Not to be rude or anything, but I'm not exactly sure where you got stuff about the Car Key or flying from my post.
lol if i remember well another person said "cosmic car key" but i can't find it in the topic, maybe edited or deleted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom