tModLoader Reduced Grinding

f7a396e4b1334966bbf93e4d6f9939b8.png

For some reason he decided to sell the Gatligator twice at the same time lol.
This happened after defeating copious amounts of slimes to restock his items a bunch of times.
This is normal. When an item is added to the Traveling Merchant because of a success in my mod's chances for it, it'll add the item to what he's already selling. In this case, he's selling the Gatligator for a success in both the vanilla and the modded chances, so it's one for vanilla and another one for Reduced Grinding.

Ah I see. Can't you make it run a dupes clause?
I fixed it. New update:
  • Fixed Merchant Bug that caused modded shop items to replace other modded shop items, depending on configuration settings.
  • Prevented duplicate items in traveling merchant shop.

Is there a way you can increase drop chances for modded items?
I don't want to do it, because there are lots of mods out there, and focusing on my on mod is enough work, but it is possible for someone to do it.

If you go to my mod's "more info" in the mod list, and then click "extract", it'll stick my mods source files in the mod reader folder. You'd need to get the ids of other modded items to add them to my mod's drop chances. You can even make an add-on to this mod for modded items if you want.

I don't want to do it, because there are lots of mods out there, and focusing on my on mod is enough work, but it is possible for someone to do it.

If you go to my mod's "more info" in the mod list, and then click "extract", it'll stick my mods source files in the mod reader folder. You'd need to get the ids of other modded items to add them to my mod's drop chances. You can even make an add-on to this mod for modded items if you want.
What do I do with the extracted stuff and also, is there a chance you could make an example for one modded item so I could work off of that?

What do I do with the extracted stuff and also, is there a chance you could make an example for one modded item so I could work off of that?
The extracted matierals found here: C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Reader is a copy of what I place in: C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources. I select mod sources in terraria and select "build and reload" to build the mod. For examples on how I do it, look at Config.cs and line 470 of ReducedGrinding.cs. There's also the tmodloader's example mod: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-tmodloader-a-modding-api.23726/.

The extracted matierals found here: C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Reader is a copy of what I place in: C:\Users\<name>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources. I select mod sources in terraria and select "build and reload" to build the mod. For examples on how I do it, look at Config.cs and line 470 of ReducedGrinding.cs. There's also the tmodloader's example mod: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/1-3-tmodloader-a-modding-api.23726/.
Alright I think I might've got it, thanks for the help!

New update:
  • Reduced default Nazar drop rate configuration.
  • Made it so traveling merchant's restock rate is only affected by vanilla npcs (the guide and temporary npcs still don't affect this rate).
  • Fixed Chest Salesman selling Lihzahrd Chest after defeating Skeletron instead of Golem.

New update:
  • Crates can upgrade to a dungeon crate more easily now.
  • Created new world difficulty switching potion (set this to false if you think players on your server might abuse this).
  • Dryad now sells both death weed planter boxes and both corruption type powders no matter the type of corruption the world has.
  • Increased default bottomless water bucket and super absorbent sponge drop rate configurations.
  • Most chest salesman pre-hard mode chest have a pre-hardmode boss downed requirement (unlocking hardmode will bypass this requirement). ChestSalemanPreHardmodeChestsRequireHardmodeActivated is now false by default.

New update:
  • Fixed typo in configuraiton. All Saleman in the configuration is now Salesman. Use a text editor's search and replace to replace all Saleman with Salesman.
  • Steam punker now sales both red and purple solution during Blood Moons and Solar Eclispes.
  • Fixed a bug, that caused Golden Crates to give water walking boots at 1/2 the configuration rate.
  • Flippers are now obtainable in Wood, Iron, and Gold crates (rate is 1/2 for Iron and 1/4 for Wood).
  • Changed the max stack and rarity of some of the mod's new items.
  • New Shadow Lock Box item, which is a grab bag that gives Shadow Chest loot. It requires a Shadow Key to use and is dropped by all enemies while in the Hell biome. Default drop rate is 2%.
  • Jelly Fish Necklace drop rate increased from 1% to 5%
  • Crates can be downgraded through crafting at crystal balls.

I was wondering if you could make something that would stop/start rain?
Thanks if you do and thanks even if you don't wanna!

Back
Top Bottom