tModLoader Reduced Grinding

Does this mod have any known issues with multiplayer?

Edit:

Never mind, apparently it was a setting on the other person's end.

Last edited:
This happens everytime I talk to the steampunker (the message: "shopping with steampunker") with the mod on and this is the only mod I've enabled.
What is happening?

Attachments

• Terraria_2017-09-01_10-21-22.jpg
    Terraria_2017-09-01_10-21-22.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 384
This happens everytime I talk to the steampunker (the message: "shopping with steampunker") with the mod on and this is the only mod I've enabled.
What is happening?
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I didn't get any notification emails. I don't know why that's happening, I don't have anything that would make that message.

I forgot about how tedious it was to get Turtle Shell. I equipped my character in hallowed gear, entered the jungle with battle, ironskin, regen, and hunter potions to test it out. So, I increased it to 50% (I think it can also help to have a teleport to the nurse). I also noticed that Frozen Turtle Shell is 1%, so I increased it to 20%.

So are you implementing the "Teleport to Nurse" feature or did I miss it? It would really be a cool feature.
[doublepost=1505181496,1505181290][/doublepost]Overall good mod. I'm not into the OP/ cheat stuff but some vanilla items are just ridiculously too low to get your hands on. I didn't know there was such thing as a frozen turtle shell when I played the first time and about 3 times completion until that random chance popped up and then a Frozen turtle shell dropped and I'm like, "how many objects are there that I'm not aware off" Really good job!

So are you implementing the "Teleport to Nurse" feature or did I miss it? It would really be a cool feature.
[doublepost=1505181496,1505181290][/doublepost]Overall good mod. I'm not into the OP/ cheat stuff but some vanilla items are just ridiculously too low to get your hands on. I didn't know there was such thing as a frozen turtle shell when I played the first time and about 3 times completion until that random chance popped up and then a Frozen turtle shell dropped and I'm like, "how many objects are there that I'm not aware off" Really good job!
Thanks. I didn't have any plans for teleporting to the nurse, and I didn't see any request for it. I really wouldn't know how to make a mod for that. Something you can do in game though is make a small house for her with a bed set up as a spawnpoint, then when doing something like fighting a boss, you can use the magic mirror, to warp to her.

Unfortunately, this mod doesn't work for me. It doesn't give me any errors or anything, but everything "costs" as much as without the mod.
Have I missed something? And yes, it is enabled and latest version.

Unfortunately, this mod doesn't work for me. It doesn't give me any errors or anything, but everything "costs" as much as without the mod.
Have I missed something? And yes, it is enabled and latest version.
I'm not sure what you talking about. You mean the price of items? This mod mostly changes the drop rates. I'm not sure it's even possible to change the price of items.

I'm not sure what you talking about. You mean the price of items? This mod mostly changes the drop rates. I'm not sure it's even possible to change the price of items.

The reason to why I'm asking, is that I saw in a youtube video of Sjin using your mod Reduced Grinding, and their price of items are lower. He also stated that it's because of Reduced Grinding.
Like the Suspicious Looking Eye only takes 3 lenses instead of the normal 6 to craft.

That's why i'm a bit confused about the whole thing.

The reason to why I'm asking, is that I saw in a youtube video of Sjin using your mod Reduced Grinding, and their price of items are lower. He also stated that it's because of Reduced Grinding.
Like the Suspicious Looking Eye only takes 3 lenses instead of the normal 6 to craft.

That's why i'm a bit confused about the whole thing.
There is that does that, and it has a similar name; Reduced Crafting Material Cost.

How can I know how much the mod increases the spawn rates by in relation to the default rates? Like the config file would say "0.04" for something but how do I know what the spawn rate for each item normally is? I just dont want the spawn rates of things being like 3x the normal rate so i wanted to check how much your mod normally increases spawn rates by. I don't want it to be tooo easy. Thanks.

edit. nevermind, just seen that the wiki kinda lists them, just a pain to go back and forth. I guess i'll just trust that its a balanced mod and doesn't increase stuff too much :p

Last edited:
Is there a config for the radar yet? My I've been searching the surface forever and I can't find one.

Thank you for your work :)

Could you please provide us with a config file that simply double/triples all the drop rates? I could go and check/change one by one based on the wiki but there are like thousands of items. Thanks!

Edit: Clarification. I meant the drop rates, not the amount of drops.

Last edited:
Sorry everyone, I don't know what's up with this site not notifying me when there's a new post. I clicked back on this thread just out of curiosity and found more post.

Is there a config for the radar yet? My I've been searching the surface forever and I can't find one.
I don't think I ever made a configuration for that, because you can find it in wooden chest, and in wooden crates. If you still want a configuraiton for it though, then post that request here and I'll do it.
Hey, where do I get the chlorophyte accelerator from?
It's crafted. The default cost uses Lihzahrd Brick, you can hand that to the guide, and he'll show you the recipe, or you can use the recipe from any mod that shows crafting recipes.
Thank you for your work :)

Could you please provide us with a config file that simply double/triples all the drops? I could go and check/change one by one based on the wiki but there are like thousands of items. Thanks!
I'm not sure if I can do this, but I'll look into it.

Thank you, I'm looking foward to it :happy:
I'm only able to make it drop multiple times for enemies that I've added loot drop chances for. I don't know if you were asking for this or for dropping multiple times for all enemies, but enemies with low drop chances have been focused more on my mod, and over time I've added a lot. If you open my configuration file and search for "DropTriesForAllEnemyDroppedLoot" without qoutes, you can change the amount of times it will try to drop loot. I've tested it out by setting it to 100 then killing undead miner, and it dropped a huge amount of items.

New update:
  • You can now set the amount of times it will try to drop enemy dropped loot.
  • Updated for tModLoader 0.10.0.2 (I couldn't add an mod icon, github errored when I tried to do so).

Back
Top Bottom