tModLoader Reduced Grinding

When I'm doing the Old One's Army, this mod spams the chat with messages every frame telling me how long until the next wave (even if the current wave isn't over and the countdown is 0)

When I'm doing the Old One's Army, this mod spams the chat with messages every frame telling me how long until the next wave (even if the current wave isn't over and the countdown is 0)
Oh no, I left in a debugging message. I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Okay, I updated to 8.12.3 with the message removed.

Last edited:

Updated to 8.13.1​

• Bugfix: Fish Merchant doesn't spawn in multiplayer.
  • Added config to allow for Angler Fishing Quest Message (on by default)
  • Already spawned Fish Merchant will now teleport to the Angler if it's too far from him.

Updated to 8.13.1​

• Bugfix: Fish Merchant doesn't spawn in multiplayer.
  • Added config to allow for Angler Fishing Quest Message (on by default)
  • Already spawned Fish Merchant will now teleport to the Angler if it's too far from him.
is there calamity support

is there calamity support
Multi-Bobber Potions, which are off by default, have there recipes tweaked when Calamity is installed. Besides that, there isn't any support. The most I can do is detect if the mod is installed, I can't tweak the drop rates. You can still use Greater and Super Battle Potion to increase enemy spawns though.

Updated to 1.13.2​

• Bugfix: In the configuration's "Other Section" Bottomless Water Bucket was showing the Thorn Hook icon, it's now showing the correct icon.
  • Bugfix: Removed original Dungeon Biome Chest recipes that were accidentally left in the mod, now they're only crafted at a Shimmering Star.

Updated to 1.13.2​

• Bugfix: In the configuration's "Other Section" Bottomless Water Bucket was showing the Thorn Hook icon, it's now showing the correct icon.
  • Bugfix: Removed original Dungeon Biome Chest recipes that were accidentally left in the mod, now they're only crafted at a Shimmering Star.
installing right now

Me: Puts rod of Discord drop up by 10k, Me again: Grinds for 5 hours with 10k higher drop rate, game: yeah nothing.... me: well that was a :red:ing lie

the downgrade crates to phm variants is in the shimmer a feature
I'm not sure if you're asking something. In Vanilla 1.4.4+ you can toss Crates in the Shimmer to downgrade them. My mod imitates this with the Shimmering Star crafting station. I plan on removing the Shimmering Star when tModLoader updates to 1.4.4+.
Me: Puts rod of Discord drop up by 10k, Me again: Grinds for 5 hours with 10k higher drop rate, game: yeah nothing.... me: well that was a :red:ing lie
I think you didn't read the top in the config page. It says "Chance = 1 / configuration_setting." Setting it to 10,000 changes its drop rate to 1 / 10,000, so it would take about 10,000 enemies to get it. Also, know that setting it 0 will use the vanilla drop rate.

I'm not sure if you're asking something. In Vanilla 1.4.4+ you can toss Crates in the Shimmer to downgrade them. My mod imitates this with the Shimmering Star crafting station. I plan on removing the Shimmering Star when tModLoader updates to 1.4.4+.

I think you didn't read the top in the config page. It says "Chance = 1 / configuration_setting." Setting it to 10,000 changes its drop rate to 1 / 10,000, so it would take about 10,000 enemies to get it. Also, know that setting it 0 will use the vanilla drop rate.
i think they thought it would make it drop 10000x more often i usually put it at 150 not to much as rod is very powerful but not low enough to take 8 hours to get

Updated to 8.13.3​

- Regular and Ancient Hallowed gear is now crafted into Hallowed Bar at Shimmering Star (to match changes made in 1.4.4.8).
- If craftable rare chests is on, you can craft Shadow Key to and from Shadow Chest at a Shimmering Star.
- Item value modifications that match current 1.4.4.9 version.

Updated to 8.13.4​

• Bugfix: Town NPC Weapon configuration was affecting universally dropped items (for example: Biome Keys).
  • Party Girl Grenade is now affected by Town NPC Weapon Configuration.

Updated to 8.13.4​

Improved loading of NPC Loot Changes

Last edited:

Updated to 8.14.1​

• Extra Angler Quests no longer happen by a random chance; it's now a set amount of quest per day. It's still dependent on game progression, and has more pre-hardmode options. By default the max quest per day starts off at 1 at before the Eye of Cthulhu, and gradually increases to 10 after the Wall of Flesh. This can be edited in the configuration.
  • Fish Coins are disabled by default (which means the Fish Merchant is disabled by default).
  • A guaranteed Waterless Bucket after a certain amount of quest is now configurable and can be disabled (25 by default to match 1.4.4+).
  • Guaranteed quest rewards are now set to vanilla amounts by default (default Fish Merchant prices have been adjusted to match this).
  • Ankh Charm material is no longer useable in inventory. With previous loot changes to match 1.4.4+ and ability to swap accessories at a Shimmering Star, it's much easier to combine accessories and craft the Ankh Charm.
  • Bugfix: Detection for a player who is still questing is now more accurate.
  • Bugfix: Fish Merchant wouldn't spawn after leaving and re-talking to Angler.
  • Bugfix: Fish coin config didn't allow setting to 0 to disable.
  • Bugfix: Fish Merchant had unnecessary Bestiary info.

Last edited:

In the middle of updating my mods to 1.4.4+, my PC died. I had to finish updating on a borrowed computer. In the next several months, updates and bug fixes will probably happen slower than usual.​

Updated to 9.3.1​

Changes​

• Removed Shimmering Star tile, now that 1.4.4+ has bought Shimmering.
  • Traveling Merchant
    • Removed extra chances for Traveling Merchant paintings and Pulse Bow which are easier to obtain in 1.4.4+ (You can enable Merchant Dice to make it easier).
    • Will now chat the icons of each item when arriving.
  • Configuration Menu
    • Reorganized.
    • Many configurations are grouped into expandable boxes. This makes it cleaner with easier navigation.
    • Configurations that are disabled by default have a gray background.
  • Fishing
    • Fish Merchant removed, now the Pirate NPC accepts Fish Coin for Quest Rewards (Fish Coins are still disabled by default and Quest Reward items won’t appear in his shop when Fish Coins are disabled).
    • Fish Coin cost for quest rewards are now handled by the mod. Price amounts reflect the chance of obtaining (or quests finished required for guaranteed items). For example: Fish Hook which has a 1/60 chance of being rewarded costs 60 Fish Coins. You can view the shop list here: link.
    • Changed wait requirement for extra Quests. Angler no longer looks to see who’s wearing Angler Armor. Now the Angler will wait 10 seconds if any unfinished player has the current Fish Quest item.
    • Angler now tells the player's finished quest amount in his NPC dialogue, instead of chat.
    • Angler quest per day configuration simplified. Now you set a start amount and an end game amount. The amount of quests per day progresses with game progression (by using NPC defense bonus gained from defeating bosses as a condition).
    • All Bobber Potions are disabled by default and no longer change their recipe if Calamity is installed.
  • Time Rate Affecting Objects (all now disabled by default):
    • Configuration for adding to time rate while sleeping is now a multiplier, and was merged into 1 setting.
    • Added configuration for multiplying time rate when using Enchanted Dial.
    • Configurations for reducing Enchanted Dial cooldown.
    • Replaced Moon Ball with Moon Watch, a usable item instead of a tile. Added new configurations for adjusting recipe requirements.
  • Separated Universal Pylon crafting difficulty modes into separate options:
    • Craft with all other Pylons.
    • Craft with Pre-Mech Boss Souls (disabled).
    • Craft with Mech Boss Souls (disabled).
    • Craft with Lunar Fragments (disabled).
    • Craft at a Crystal Ball instead of Tinkerer’s Workshop (disabled).
  • Increased Availability of World Exclusive Items:
    • Random Terragrim Placement
      • Chance decreased from 1/75 to 1/100.
      • Removed chest type condition. It will now be placed in any chest at or below Cavern Layer.
    • Swapped extra King and Queen statue generation for the ability to Shimmer them into each other (disabled by default).
    • Mushroom Chest generated by this mod.
      • Removed 25% Chest Generation chance for each Mushroom biome. It will now only generate once per missing Mushroom item set.
      • Generation is faster and the chance of success is almost guaranteed.
      • Contents are generated using vanilla coding, (it will redo until it is generated with the correct Mushroom items).
    • Removed custom Flying Carpet chance from Oasis / Mirage Crates and added back feature: Missing Pyramid item sets will be placed in a random Underground Desert chest (except Sandstorm in a bottle isn’t included this time, due to the fact that it’s now craftable).
    • Swapped shimmer recipe for Living Wood items for new feature: For every missing Secondary Living Wood item, a new structure will spawn called a Living Wood Sapling. It’s a wood structure buried in the ground of the Forest with a chest containing the missing item. The top of the structure reaches 1 block below the surface.
  • Swapped “Hiding from Invasion” feature for an item that can cancel invasions (World Peace Standard).
  • Re-added configuration for vanilla Battle Potion spawn rates (still vanilla amounts by default).
  • Migrated wiki from Terraria Mods Wiki to Terraria Mods Wiki. WikiThis will now direct to the new Wiki. The previous wiki had lots of ads and pop-ups, while the new Wiki has none.
  • Crafting Golden Critters now requires Demon Altar instead of Crystal Ball.

Bug Fixes / Feature Removal​

• Effects of custom Battle potions are disabled during invasions. This feature was unstable. It’s probably not necessary with 1.4.4+ drop rate increases.
  • Removed ability to modify requirements for guaranteed Quest Rewards, which was unstable. If multiple quests per day or Fish Coins are enabled, it shouldn’t take long to get these rewards anyway.
  • Removed: Corrupt / Crimson key swapping. You can use an artificial biome to obtain the opposite corruption key. There is also a configuration for increasing Biome Key drop rate.
  • Removed recipe for traps. After looking into the world generation, there’s plenty even in a small world.
  • Removed canceling Blood Moon with Moon Watch (previously Moon Ball). 1.4.4+ added a second Dial and each refreshes when a Blood Moon naturally occurs.
  • Removed Staff of Difficulty changing world Difficulty mode in Journey mode. This can be done in the Journey Mode menu.
  • Merchant no longer sells Mining Shirt and Pants (the mining buff for the set is now split between all pieces, and you can shimmer the Shirt and Pants into each other).
  • Swapped Holiday Timeline feature for an altered previous feature: Now Christmas and Halloween each have an item that can activate them for a day (Nice Present and Pumpkin Pie Medallion). By default they have to be crafted during their matching holiday, but this requirement can be disabled.
  • Fixed: Custom tiles placed on walls weren’t breaking when the wall was broken.
  • Fixed: A lot of server features. I learned how to run 2 clients with 1 server, and realized some things happening for 1 player wasn’t happening for the other or was happening multiple times. I was able to test a lot of stuff and adjust it until it was syncing correctly.
  • Removed missing Dungeon furniture generation. After some testing, I found that the amount of missing furniture is likely to be less than 5. This mod allows you to swap their colors, so a 2nd world would likely provide any missing piece.

Updated to 9.4​

Changes​

• Angler
    • End Game Quest Amount is now affected by his happiness.
    • Will announce current quest in chat when clicking quest or when the angler gives a new quest. This includes an icon, that will show you the quest location when hovering over it with the mouse.

Bug Fix​

• Bugfix: Disabling the Angler from telling amount of completed quest, wouldn't work.
  • Bugfix: Nice Present and Pumpkin Pie Medallion where using the wrong sound.

Neat. Out of curiosity, what is an "End Game Quest."
The max amount of available quest possible which is 10 by default. It's calculated by looking at the defense bonus that NPCs are given from defeating bosses. The label in the config is "End Game Quest Per Day", maybe that's too vague. I could rename to something like "Max Quest Per Day Possible".

Back
Top Bottom