tModLoader Reduced Grinding

Discussion in 'Released' started by dragon3025, Nov 8, 2016.

1. dragon3025

dragon3025 Terrarian

I didn't know Thorium had a Fenzy Potion. I tested it out and you can have both potions and both their effects active at the same time. Their effects are totally unrelated to each other, so they don't affect each other either.

The recipe for my Frenzy Potion is Battle Potion + Vile/Vicious Powder and/or Vile/Vicious Mushroom (the amount of powder and mushrooms is dependent on what you set "FrenzyPotionPowderCost" in the configuration file.

2. IDFC

IDFC Skeletron Prime

Why does this happen when I double click on the config file?

Attached Files:

3. dragon3025

dragon3025 Terrarian

I think it's because you don't have .json file set to open with any program. Try right clicking, selecting open with, then choose something like notepad or notepad++.

4. IDFC

IDFC Skeletron Prime

???
    I have notepad.

Attached Files:

5. dragon3025

dragon3025 Terrarian

And you tried right clicking, selecting open with, then choosing notepad?

6. IDFC

IDFC Skeletron Prime

It doesn't give me any option when I select open with.

7. dragon3025

dragon3025 Terrarian

Does it giving the option "Choose another app" or something like that? If it does you'll see a list (you might have to select "more apps" or something like that for it to appear.

You can also open the notepad program then drag the json file over the notepad window to load it.

8. IDFC

IDFC Skeletron Prime

Thanks it works now!
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 29, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 29, 2016 ---
    one suggestion I have for the mod config is instead of showing the Drop chance increase, can it show the current chance of it dropping?

9. IDFC

IDFC Skeletron Prime

In the mod config where it says "Expert mode increase" does it add on to the normal mode increase or is it separate?

10. dragon3025

dragon3025 Terrarian

It's separate. If an item in the list doesn't have an expert version then the line affects both expert and normal, but if it does, then it has one for expert and one for normal.

11. IDFC

IDFC Skeletron Prime

Will this mod eventually support other popular mods like thorium and calamity?

12. dragon3025

dragon3025 Terrarian

No, I'd rather leave the drop rates up to other modders. My mod is tModReader compatible though, and anyone is free to make add-ons for drop rates from other mods.

13. IDFC

IDFC Skeletron Prime

Actually I take that back the Frenzy Potion makes up for it because I can always just set the spawn rate higher to get modded stuff faster.

14. PyroZ

PyroZ Terrarian

Does frenzy potion stack with battle potion + water candle?

15. dragon3025

dragon3025 Terrarian

Yes it'll stack with them.

16. Luis Quintero

Luis Quintero Terrarian

how do i make the spawn rate potion

17. PyroZ

PyroZ Terrarian

To make the frenzy potion, you will need a battle potion, a vile mushroom or vicious mushroom and a vile powder or vicious powder. At table with bottle or alchemy station.

Luis Quintero likes this.
  18. Jackal

Jackal Terrarian

Not sure if I'm missing it but is there a 8.3.5 download?

19. dragon3025

dragon3025 Terrarian

No, right now my mod is Version 3.12 for tModLoader 0.9.1

20. Jackal

Jackal Terrarian

Oh, Yogscast Sjin is using your mod with some others and I can't figure out how he is doing it without using tmod loader v.8.3.5, oh well, thanks anyways