tModLoader Reduced Grinding

Oh, Yogscast Sjin is using your mod with some others and I can't figure out how he is doing it without using tmod loader v.8.3.5, oh well, thanks anyways
Oh, okay understand now. My mod used to be for 8.3.5, it's no longer supporting it though.

You mentioned the mod is pretty simple, is there a way to revert, or a place that old versions are just sitting around?
It might be possible. You can use tModReader to get the source of the mod, then place it in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources then select mod sources in the title menu, and pick build and reload.

Does it increase the spawn chance for rare mobs like the nymph?
It increases the spawn rate and the max amount of mobs that can be on screen, just like Battle Potion and Water Candle. This means all monsters have an increased chance of spawning.

Because the nymph is extremely rare, I have a configuration option to add her drop, the metal detector, to the traveling merchant's shop: MerchantMetalDetectorIncrease

Love the Frenzy potion, but I miss the config option to change the Battle Potion multipliers. Can we have both?

Love the Frenzy potion, but I miss the config option to change the Battle Potion multipliers. Can we have both?
Wouldn't it be better just to make Frenzy Potion stronger? You can also adjust how much mushrooms it takes to make it, in case you feel like the potion is too cheap for it's strength.

Wouldn't it be better just to make Frenzy Potion stronger? You can also adjust how much mushrooms it takes to make it, in case you feel like the potion is too cheap for it's strength.

Actually, it's the other way around. Not that it's too cheap, but that I have another mod installed that has a rare accessory that gives a permanent 'Battle' buff. But now that Reduced Grinding doesn't use the same buff as the Battle Potion, that accessory isn't nearly as useful as it was.

Actually, it's the other way around. Not that it's too cheap, but that I have another mod installed that has a rare accessory that gives a permanent 'Battle' buff. But now that Reduced Grinding doesn't use the same buff as the Battle Potion, that accessory isn't nearly as useful as it was.
Oh alright, then I'll return the ability to alter battle buff.

EDIT: Done, my newest update re-adds the configuration. You can add these lines:

"BattlePotionSpawnrateMultiplier": 10.0,
"BattlePotionMaxSpawnsMultiplier": 10.0,

right before "FrenzyPotionSpawnrateMultiplier" to change battle potion (change the 10.0 to what ever you want).

Last edited:
um... can someone help? i have installed this mod and i am doing a summoners playthrough, and just for about 1 minute i want to make sure every slime i kill drops a slime staff, i know this is cheaty but i dont like the options of killing mobs normally until i get it because it is one of the rarest items in the game, or running from all mobs because i can only do summon damage. how do i do this? and how do i set it back to normal

um... can someone help? i have installed this mod and i am doing a summoners playthrough, and just for about 1 minute i want to make sure every slime i kill drops a slime staff, i know this is cheaty but i dont like the options of killing mobs normally until i get it because it is one of the rarest items in the game, or running from all mobs because i can only do summon damage. how do i do this? and how do i set it back to normal

Just spawn it in using cheat sheet hero's mod or http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/ or less cheaty there are mods that make the king slime drop the slime staff. I would go for the last option. I think quality recipes mod does this.

Just spawn it in using cheat sheet hero's mod or http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/ or less cheaty there are mods that make the king slime drop the slime staff. I would go for the last option. I think quality recipes mod does this.

i prefer to do it using reduced grinding, because then i know how i can also change the settings for other stuff, but if you cant or i dont know or something, then i will do this, thanks!

dont worry i find it, also for those who would like to do a summoner play through and want to get the slime staff so you dont have to cheat/run. go to this PC documents, my games, terraria, mod loader, mod configs, reduced grinding, than go down to slime staff increase, set it to 100, then go down more and it says "SlimeStaffIncreaseToSurfaceSlimes":false, YOU MUST CHANGE THIS TO TRUE, then after reloading terraria, killing a slime and getting a slime staff. set the settings back to default (IE "SlimeStaffIncreaseToSurfaceSlimes":false, and slime staff increase 0.01 or at least i think that is what it is)

Last edited:
spams my logs with the message that it is making new logs because of failure to read old log
I tried loading the game with just my mod installed and it didn't do it. Do you have the newest version of my mod (you can filter the mod browser by updates)? The only other thing I can think of is an incompatibility with another mod but that's unlikely. It could also be another mod that's causing it.

when I try to download it says I need a program to open a ".tmod file" is their a way to fix this? Sorry if the answer is really simple I've been messing with mods all day and I'm not quite right in the head right now.

It might be possible. You can use tModReader to get the source of the mod, then place it in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Sources then select mod sources in the title menu, and pick build and reload.

Please consider providing a link for version 8.3.5 of tmodloader. Trying to Build the source did not work for me and I'd really love to use your mod. :(

EDIT: This post was made due to similar reasons of the original inquirer, I was trying to use the same mods as Yogscast Sjin. However, the Pumpking's Mod's author has indicated he plans to bring it to the lasted version of mod loader soon. Further, after consideration it's very possible to play using all mods except Pumpking's Mod for much of your world file, as a majority of that mod only applies to late game content; as well as it lacking much content to begin with.

Last edited:
excuse me, can somebody help, for the last 2 hours i have been going around 2 worlds in the jungle and looking in every single jungle temple chest, i wish i could say i am lying when i say i looked in about 50. and i couldn't find the flower boots, is there a way i can increase the chance of them being in chest? or is their a way i can make them drop from a mob? i would be happy to do either. i know this may seem stupid but i want the boots and i dont want to spend another 2-3 hours searching for them

Back
Top Bottom