tModLoader Reduced Grinding

"stationaryMerchantItems" can be removed, "stationaryMerchant" is what you're adding to. "smItemShopNotEmpty" and "smItemDecorShopNotEmpty" aren't too important; it affects the Stationary Merchant's dialogue. If one or both of those tags are missing, he'll tell you that a shop is empty. If an item is added into either shop when those tags are gone, it'll add the correct tag.

For all the other tags, it's random. They have a chance of being added from the Traveling Merchant shop when the Traveling Merchant shop resets. The chance is 100% if the world is Hardmode, or pre_vanilla_bosses_defeated / 6. So the best you can do is try to remember what was already in the shop then add them.

Thanks. I'll just assume everything was in there since we had defeated all of the pre-hardmode bosses. That's the method to unlock stock in multiplayer worlds, right? I'll be testing in a bit to make sure it's working.

Also, I noticed the sm in the entries. Does this only work with stationary merchant-tagged item variable names, or could you theoretically add anything to the shop?

Thanks. I'll just assume everything was in there since we had defeated all of the pre-hardmode bosses. That's the method to unlock stock in multiplayer worlds, right? I'll be testing in a bit to make sure it's working.

Also, I noticed the sm in the entries. Does this only work with stationary merchant-tagged item variable names, or could you theoretically add anything to the shop?
It only adds Traveling Merchant items to the shop.

New update:

bug fixes
  • Typo in the Gold Reflection Mirror.
  • Gold Reflection Mirror was using wrong configuration in Multiplayer.
  • Stationary Merchant adding items to store even when he's not there to do so.
  • Chance of resseting traveling Merchant, wasn't counting all NPC's.
changes
  • Lizard Egg, Lihzahrd Power Cell, Lihzahrd Chest, and Lihzahrd Lock Box now detects if Plantera is defeated, in addition to checking if NPC is in front of an unsafe Lihzahrd Brick Wall (only Lizard Egg and Lihzahrd Power Cell were checking the wall before, this was fixed).
  • When NPC's death loot is set to 100%, it becomes an overpowered way to get money, so NPC death loot values have been changed to their drop rate / 100%.

So , may i ask for an NPC that sells mobs drops ?
Like i think its a logical thing , A wierd fact is that i cant find any mod that does this , lol

So , may i ask for an NPC that sells mobs drops ?
Like i think its a logical thing , A wierd fact is that i cant find any mod that does this , lol
I'm not sure about that, there's a lot of mob drops in the game. What mob drops are you looking for? My mod makes it so you can configure pretty much any rare drop, and you can also use War or Chaos potion to increase the spawn rate.

I'm not sure about that, there's a lot of mob drops in the game. What mob drops are you looking for? My mod makes it so you can configure pretty much any rare drop, and you can also use War or Chaos potion to increase the spawn rate.

I know this already , but to be honest , although editing configuration files is already there , but for me it sounds a bit as cheat , like i can just raise every drop rate to 100% and enjoy every item in the game without doing any thing ( and for a person like me who cant resist the urge to get free items, thats so hard , lol ).

On the other hand , War/Chaos Potions recipes are a bit hard at early game since early its pretty hard to go to the corruption/crimson to get deathweeds , and i dont know how to change the recipes on the config file , also if some how i managed to make these potions , it would be almost impossible to survive for 30 seconds(so far iam talking about early game , when any mob can 3-4 shot you)

and i must say thanks for replying

I know this already , but to be honest , although editing configuration files is already there , but for me it sounds a bit as cheat , like i can just raise every drop rate to 100% and enjoy every item in the game without doing any thing ( and for a person like me who cant resist the urge to get free items, thats so hard , lol ).

On the other hand , War/Chaos Potions recipes are a bit hard at early game since early its pretty hard to go to the corruption/crimson to get deathweeds , and i dont know how to change the recipes on the config file , also if some how i managed to make these potions , it would be almost impossible to survive for 30 seconds(so far iam talking about early game , when any mob can 3-4 shot you)

and i must say thanks for replying
I feel like getting money can be easy, but I could make a store for items. Maybe I could start with the hardest items to get or go down the line of bosses and add things like rotten flesh, voodoo dolls, souls, etc. There was a list in the Terraria wiki that had every enemy dropped loot and their rarity, but I can't find it.

I feel like getting money can be easy, but I could make a store for items. Maybe I could start with the hardest items to get or go down the line of bosses and add things like rotten flesh, voodoo dolls, souls, etc. There was a list in the Terraria wiki that had every enemy dropped loot and their rarity, but I can't find it.

Do you mean this ( Drops ) ?

Do you mean this ( Drops ) ?
Okay, I've updated with a new Loot Merchant. After updating and reloading the mod, it'll generate the new configuration file. You'll need to search for "LootMerchant" and set it to true.

Update:
New Loot Merchant (disabled by default). Sells items needed to summon vanilla bosses (he will only sell what's needed for the next vanilla boss you haven't beaten and all vanilla bosses you haven't).

How is the stationary merchant supposed to work? I installed the mod a few days ago (after beating golem) and both of his stores are still completely empty, am I doing something wrong or do I need to make a new world or something? Everything else in this mod is great, the merchant is the only thing that doesn't seem to work

How is the stationary merchant supposed to work? I installed the mod a few days ago (after beating golem) and both of his stores are still completely empty, am I doing something wrong or do I need to make a new world or something? Everything else in this mod is great, the merchant is the only thing that doesn't seem to work
wait for the travelling merchant to show up and wait. as the travelling one restocks, the stationary can gain items to sell.

wait for the travelling merchant to show up and wait. as the travelling one restocks, the stationary can gain items to sell.
I've been playing with this mod for a few real days, the travelling merchant has shown up a bunch of times and the stationary merchant still doesn't sell anything.

I've been playing with this mod for a few real days, the travelling merchant has shown up a bunch of times and the stationary merchant still doesn't sell anything.
Thanks for reporting this. I found the problem and fixed it with this update:

Bugfix: Stationary Merchant wasn't working.
Changes: Pre-Hardmode NPCs and Hardmode NPCs now have an even affect on Traveling Merchant Spawning and Restocking and Stationary Merchant stocking. Loot merchant now counts twoards this count if he's enabled.

Thanks for reporting this. I found the problem and fixed it with this update:

Bugfix: Stationary Merchant wasn't working.
Changes: Pre-Hardmode NPCs and Hardmode NPCs now have an even affect on Traveling Merchant Spawning and Restocking and Stationary Merchant stocking. Loot merchant now counts twoards this count if he's enabled.

I can confirm that it now works. Thanks!

I remember in a past version of the chest salesman used to spawn in early in the game, he doesn't spawn anymore
Why?
I set him to be disabled be default in the configuration because every non-craftable chest is now obtainable through enemy drops now. If you want the chest salesman enabled, search the configuration file for for "ChestSalesman".
I may just be dumb, but how do I enable stuff?
The configuration file is located here. Using stuff like notepad and notepad++ you can search with ctrl+f to find what you want. If the configuration file ever updates, you can see the differences with an online text comparison tool.
Configuration%20File%20Location_1.png

Back
Top Bottom