tModLoader Reduced Grinding

I don't think there's anything I can do about that. That's a lot of chest, I find the magic storage mod to be very helpful when playing a modded game. If you use it, you wont need so many chests.
There's also a limit to Magic Storage actually. Both have a soft-limit based on how much data is being stored in a "chunk" of the world, which if surpassed, can cause a number of issues ranging from chunk loading issues to outright world corruption.

I have opened every biome chest in my world, still no luck with these biome lock boxes :( Any suggestions for getting them open for me?

don't think there's anything I can do about that. That's a lot of chest, I find the magic storage mod to be very helpful when playing a modded game. If you use it, you wont need so many chests.
thats true, but i play on a world wich is 2 times larger than a large world. you dont have to do anyting about it, since i went on a chest purging spree, but it is more so that you know that this exist

I have opened every biome chest in my world, still no luck with these biome lock boxes :( Any suggestions for getting them open for me?
Did you add the chest to your inventory or leave it were it was? A chest has to be in any players inventory at least once to allow players to use the matching key to gain a matching item from the Biome Lock Box. If you have placed a biome chest in your inventory and the matching key isn't opening the lock box: could you either send me your world file or open your world file with NBTExplorer to check if you have any biomeChestMined flags added like this:
Screenshot (146).png

Having the chest in my inventory at the same time as the lock box works perfectly, thank you for the help and quick response time. Love your mod, keep up the great work.

I use Hero’s Mod on terraria, and I am playing with one of my friends. I can’t host modded worlds (that’s not the problem), so my friend has to make it so I can join him. Once were in it, we both log on to Hero’s mod. For some reason, my friend is set into the Default group, as well as me. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I use Hero’s Mod on terraria, and I am playing with one of my friends. I can’t host modded worlds (that’s not the problem), so my friend has to make it so I can join him. Once were in it, we both log on to Hero’s mod. For some reason, my friend is set into the Default group, as well as me. Does anyone know how to fix this?
This has absolutely nothing to do with Reduced Grinding. Please ask in the HERO's Mod thread.

I mean, you can ask Diverman Sam. I am sure they would gladly help out!
Good news, I just got help from Diverman Sam, so I can make content to help with getting butterflies.

Is there a list somewhere that lists all possible item drop by lock boxes?
The drops match the drops from chest: Chests, you can also click on individual chest on that page. Someone mentioned before that I don't have a wiki for my mod, it made me question if I should build one.

The drops match the drops from chest
...Actually that makes me curious, do the lockboxes and crates also take into account other mod's additions to those droptables?
I don't recall getting any modded items from either but I'm sure that's possible. Maybe my memory is just faulty.

Edit:
Also didn't this mod used to add a recipe for the Lava Charm? I had always assumed that was from Reduced Grinding. But it seems to be gone now.

You could always use the existing Terraria Mods Wiki.
If I make a wiki, I'll use that.

...Actually that makes me curious, do the lockboxes and crates also take into account other mod's additions to those droptables?
I don't recall getting any modded items from either but I'm sure that's possible. Maybe my memory is just faulty.

Edit:
Also didn't this mod used to add a recipe for the Lava Charm? I had always assumed that was from Reduced Grinding. But it seems to be gone now.
I don't have other modded content in my lockboxes or crates, but it's possible to add them. The Lava Charm doesn't have a recipe anymore, but is found in Cavern Lockboxes.

Oh, also I've confirmed that, on a Dedicated Server, at least, it seems not just the Goblin Retreat Order, but none of the Retreat Orders seem to work. Goblin, Pirate, etc.
Tried after the initial message, and after the invasion actually started. Nothing both times. Item is consumed, invasion continues as normal.

Oh, also I've confirmed that, on a Dedicated Server, at least, it seems not just the Goblin Retreat Order, but none of the Retreat Orders seem to work. Goblin, Pirate, etc.
Tried after the initial message, and after the invasion actually started. Nothing both times. Item is consumed, invasion continues as normal.
Dang, that's frustrating. I thought I had them all fixed. I'll see what happened.

I made a new update:
  • Added Lunar Call to summon the Celestial Invasion without having to fight the Lunatic Cultist (you wont get loot from the Lunatic Cultist).
  • Attempted and failed to get the Witch Doctor to sell Thorium butterflies. I'm currently trying to get more help for this.
EDIT: I updated again:
  • Lockbox drop rates are now 0.25% (from 1%).
  • Added support for Cenus.
  • Leather can be crafted from 2 Rotten Chunks or 2 Rotten Leather.

Last edited:
I tested the retreat order for both invasions after the initial message and after the invasion started, and I didn't have this problem. What mods are you using?

Anyone else having a problem with the Goblin and Pirate Retreat Orders?

I tested the retreat order for both invasions after the initial message and after the invasion started, and I didn't have this problem. What mods are you using?

Anyone else having a problem with the Goblin and Pirate Retreat Orders?
Ah... It's definitely possible it's another mod conflict, as some mod in my pack is also causing a lot of boss summon items to not function. Could be the same thing is making these not work. I'm afraid I don't know the cause, if that's the case. Sorry about the false alarm, if it is due to a different mod.
I'm afraid listing my pack probably wouldn't be much use, as it's kind of massive.

Back
Top Bottom