tModLoader Reduced Grinding

Using a multiplayer server, I killed all my NPCs for testing, everyone BUT the Stationary Merchant respawned, over 5-7 in-game days. And with my current mod pack that is around 45 NPCs atm. Will try spawning him in single player next.
Do you have the loot merchant and chests salesman configuration set to true (these are off by default)?

Do you have the loot merchant and chests salesman configuration set to true (these are off by default)?
Nope, default config. Stationary Merchant and Christmas Ninja spawned normally on the same map in single player. They only don't respawn in multiplayer.

Nope, default config. Stationary Merchant and Christmas Ninja spawned normally on the same map in single player. They only don't respawn in multiplayer.
Alright, thanks for testing that.

Well dang, when I started this mod, I didn't realize how easily it can not be multiplayer compatibly how hard multiplayer compatibility was. Apparently I can't have configurations for NPCs.

Alright, thanks for testing that.

Well dang, when I started this mod, I didn't realize how easily it can not be multiplayer compatibly how hard multiplayer compatibility was. Apparently I can't have configurations for NPCs.
tModLoader 0.11 has a configuration-based update supposedly. Perhaps when it's out of beta, you'll be able to write configs that work with MP easier?
Not entirely sure there, admittedly. Either way, it's a shame. Multiplayer seems to be an issue for lots of mods for some reason. I guess either Terraria or tModLoader has funky coding when it comes to what is client and what is server.

tModLoader 0.11 has a configuration-based update supposedly. Perhaps when it's out of beta, you'll be able to write configs that work with MP easier?
Not entirely sure there, admittedly. Either way, it's a shame. Multiplayer seems to be an issue for lots of mods for some reason. I guess either Terraria or tModLoader has funky coding when it comes to what is client and what is server.
That's awesome, I read this in the 0.11 release: "Helps mods make per-user and per-server configuration"; that sounds like it.

question, where do you get the "Gold Relfection Mirror" from? it doesn't seems to drop from anything or be craftable

Please tell me there's a way to disable the restocking messages entirely in the config. It's constantly spamming me with this in the chat. I updated from an older version of the mod that didn't have this and I seriously regret it at this point.
I think this was requested before, and I forgot about it. This usually only happens if you add this mod late game when the Stationary Merchant doesn't have much items and the Traveling Merchant is able to stock up often. It eventually stops when the Stationary Merchant gains all that he needs unless you have a "Traveling Merchant Restock Order" from the Stationary Merchant, but to prevent this spam I updated just now and changed the way it works:

Update 4.69:
  • Traveling Merchant now only restocks when you have the "Traveling Merchant Restock Order".

I've noticed hellbats dropping shadow chests. I'm not sure if these are meant to be lockboxes, since I'm only getting the furniture. Any idea what's happening? Thanks

I've noticed hellbats dropping shadow chests. I'm not sure if these are meant to be lockboxes, since I'm only getting the furniture. Any idea what's happening? Thanks
The lockbox drop rate was eventually decreased. By default, chest drop rate is 1% while lockbox drop rate is 0.25%.

is there a discord server to ask questions on? would facilitate things. How do I get the stationary merchant to spawn? I have him enabled and we are post golem and he has never spawned

is there a discord server to ask questions on? would facilitate things. How do I get the stationary merchant to spawn? I have him enabled and we are post golem and he has never spawned
I recently discovered that pre-0.11 configurations for NPC's wont work, due to compatibility problems that configurations have with multiplayer. Now 0.11 is out which I heard has some separate configurations for multiplayer, I'll have to see how this coding works. Until then, in order to get the NPC to spawn, you'll need to run the world though singleplayer, until he does.

His only spawn condition is if "StationaryMerchant" is on in the configuration file (which is true by default).

I have encoutered a similar spawning problem with the Stationary Merchant not respawning, even in single player after several in-game days even though I have 4 free rooms open. I am using the default config file. Does he have less than a 100% chance to respawn?

Edit: I am only using a few extra mods. Boss Checklist, Census, Recipe Browser, Max Stack Plus Extra, Item Checklist, Which Mod is This From, Where's My Items, WeaponOut Lite, Yet Another Boss Health Bar, and Magic Storage.

ummm...i have a question:what's going on with the meteorite potion? i have used it in my main world,post skeletron, and it worked. i used it in a new small world and it simply got consumed. "ok" i thought, "maybe i need to get some hearts first"

gone to crimson, destroyed hearts, died because of fall damage, used potion, nothing

is it a bug or did i not get some prequisites?

i use terraria overhaul

holy hell yes, been looking for something that would summon stuff like the blood moon, and to advance to day/night. got this downloaded.

question, is there a cooldown on the day/night advancers?

so im unfamiliar with modding and editing with N++, are the numbers shown the % increase to the base, or the total % for the drop?

Last edited:
holy hell yes, been looking for something that would summon stuff like the blood moon, and to advance to day/night. got this downloaded.

question, is there a cooldown on the day/night advancers?

so im unfamiliar with modding and editing with N++, are the numbers shown the % increase to the base, or the total % for the drop?
There's no cooldown, also not that the Enchanted Sundial and Tax Collector wont benefit from using my dials. The numbers shown are the % increase to the base.

What happened to the Expert Change Potion? I've looked through both the config and in game recipes and it doesn't seem to exist.

I'm on a single player world, with these mods:

• Boss Checklist
  • Brighter Torches
  • Calamity Mod + Music + Extra Music
  • Calamity Vanilla Buff
  • Corruption/Crimson NPCs
  • Early Wings
  • Extensible Inventory
  • Faster Tools
  • First Try
  • Industrial Pickaxes
  • ItemMagnetPlus
  • Leveled
  • Loot Bags
  • Magic Storage
  • MaxStackPlus
  • Mod Helpers
  • More Chest Loot
  • More Endless Ammo
  • No Angler Timer
  • No More Tombs
  • Platform Helper
  • Recipe Browser
  • Reduced Grinding (v4.69)
  • Shorter Respawn Time
  • Skyblock
  • SkyblockThoriumHelper
  • Thorium
  • Universal Crafter
  • Unlimited Buff Limit
  • Upgraded Accessories
  • VeinMiner
  • Which Mod Is This From
  • Yet Another Boss Healthbar

EDIT: Ah, nevermind, it's sold by the Merchant during a Blood Moon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom