tModLoader Reduced Grinding

you did it for one of the town npcs the bone merchent
Sorry for the late update. I looked into it and the Census mod will list NPCs even if they've been disabled. I don't think I can prevent that, but I did set it up so if an NPC is disabled it will say so.

New Update:
- If an npc is disabled, the Census mod will display that the npc is disabled.
- Christmas Elf configuration variable renamed to "ChristmasElf" from "Santa".
- Remove configuration copy with everything off, due to the fact that the configuration is a menu now.

Reporting a small graphical error.
During parties, the Stationary Merchant's party hat is drawn a full tile above where he would normally wear it.

Attachments

• Capture 2020-02-13 10_16_46.png
    Capture 2020-02-13 10_16_46.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 122
I keep dropping chests instead of loot crates, how to fix it ?

Edit : and i dropped a living wood lock box on a thorium boss, after ~25 box replaced with chests, but i still drop chests

Last edited:
Reporting a small graphical error.
During parties, the Stationary Merchant's party hat is drawn a full tile above where he would normally wear it.
I updated and fixed it.
it seems to bug only with certain boxe types
I'm not sure what you mean by "~25 box replaced with chest". I looked into it and I don't see anything wrong with the coding. Do you have anything in the "Enemy Drop" and "Lock Boxes" that's different than their default setting? The only place that a Living Wood Lockbox is dropped in my mod is using the configuraiton "Living Wood Lockbox" as a condition. They both only drop around surface height. The only place that Living Wood Chest is dropped in my mod is using the configuration "Chest Drop From a Matching Biome" dropping as a condition.

New udpate:
  • Finished menu names and added more menu icons
  • Allowed rainbow brick config slider to reach 0
  • Re-arranged some menu entries and added more headers and tool tips for better clarity
  • Rearranged the Extractinator override processing so it goes from rarest to least rarest then highest to lowest value.
  • Amber Mosquito Extractinator override chance is now 0 by default.
  • Traveling Merchant Christmas Item Chance Increases requiring Christmas event is now true by default.
  • Renamed configuration code "S_MerchantStockingChanceBonusWhichWillBeMultipliedByH_ModeCompletionRate" to "S_MerchantStockingBonusForPreH_ModeCompletionRate"\
  • Configuration for Dryad selling Plantera Bulb moved to "Other Modded Items" section.
EDIT: Small new update. I misread the Amber Mosquito drop rate on the wiki, it shouldn't of been dropped to 0🤦‍♂️ . I set it to a 0.00973 increase for a total drop chance of 0.01 (1/100).

Last edited:
Good morning, I have a problem: in having to throw Lock Boxes they are throwing me common chests, I am a novice in this so I am not understanding well what I must configure. From already thank you very much. BTW I don't speak groin so use google translate.

I am guessing you are getting a lot of chest and a little of lock boxes. All lock boxes drop at a 0.25% (1/400) and all chest drop at a 1% (1/100) rate. The chest configuration is under "Non-Boss Loot" and the lock box configurations are under "Lock Boxes".

how does the biome lock box work. It says it requires a biome key but i checked and i can't obtain a key through cheats. unless the biome key isn't called a biome key, i'm not sure how to open these biome lock boxes

I installed the mod yesterday, but my stationary merchants inventory is still absolutely empty. I have the Traveling Merchant live with me, and I set in the settings the "Stocking Chance" and "Pre-Hard Stocking Chance Bonus" both to max/1. And yet Stationary Merchant is just permanently empty except for the Restock Order.

i assumed this is what it was, but none of mine worked.
Has anyone obtained any of the vanilla Biome Chest in your world? Whether your in Single or Multiplayer, it wont open for anyone unless someone has had a matching vanilla Biome Chest in their inventory at some point in your world.

I installed the mod yesterday, but my stationary merchants inventory is still absolutely empty. I have the Traveling Merchant live with me, and I set in the settings the "Stocking Chance" and "Pre-Hard Stocking Chance Bonus" both to max/1. And yet Stationary Merchant is just permanently empty except for the Restock Order.
I set the same configurations and also set it so the Traveling Merchant resets his shop every 1/5th of a second. I tested in single and multiplayer. The Traveling merchant kept spamming a reset and the Stationary Merchant kept gaining items from it. The chances are greatly decreased by the amount of vanilla and Reduced Grinding NPCs that you don't have, do you have many?

New update:
  • Updated Restock order description
  • Added icons to Traveling Merchant configuration page.

I set the same configurations and also set it so the Traveling Merchant resets his shop every 1/5th of a second. I tested in single and multiplayer. The Traveling merchant kept spamming a reset and the Stationary Merchant kept gaining items from it. The chances are greatly decreased by the amount of vanilla and Reduced Grinding NPCs that you don't have, do you have many?

I have a total of 15 NPCs.

Stationary Merchant's Inventory

Traveling and Stationary Merchant Mod Settings

If I understand correctly, with these settings, it should pretty much guarantee that Stationary Merchant should have plenty of items for sale. But I've been playing for 2 days now and he's just always empty.

I have a total of 15 NPCs.
Stationary Merchant's Inventory

Traveling and Stationary Merchant Mod Settings

If I understand correctly, with these settings, it should pretty much guarantee that Stationary Merchant should have plenty of items for sale. But I've been playing for 2 days now and he's just always empty.
I don't know why it's not working. If you're using Luiafk, that mod's version of the Traveling Merchant wont affect my mod. The only thing I can think of is to follow the bug finding chart:
index.php

The description text for the Restock Order has no line breaks, and a typo (showp):

View attachment 269790
Oops, I'll fix that. Thanks for reporting. EDIT: Alright it's fixed with this new update:
- Fixed: Traveling Merchant Restock Order text not having any line breaks.
- Fixed: If Traveling Merchant item rates are high enough, it could cause him to try to add items when his shop is already full, leading to errors. This will no longer happen.
- Biome Lockboxes no longer require obtaining a matching chest first (not only does the requirement complicate things, but what if the world failed to generate all chest).
- Biome Lockboxes now require keys with a stack size of 3 (be default). This is so it's still worth it to find Biome Chest.

- Added the rest of the configuration menu icons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom