tModLoader Reduced Grinding

BIG PLANS (feel free to leave comments):
There's a problem with the S.Merchant (Stationary Merchant), and I have a couple ideas for a fix. The S.Merchant's job is to allow you to get what ever T.Merchant (Traveling Merchant) items you're missing or really could use right away. The way S.Merchant works now, he eventually becomes a replacement that makes the T.Merchant useless which isn't what I wanted. I miss getting excited that the T.Merchant arrived.

1st idea to fix this is to make it so the S.Merchant sells Tiered Grab bags. They unlock after meeting the same requirements that some items have in the T.Merchant shop and those items in the bag will have the same requirements (so opening a Christmas bag outside of Christmas wont give you Christmas items). Your player will pay for each of the 4–10 items the Grab Bag drops, and maybe a % price increase on each item. If your player can't pay for a drop that the grab bag has chosen, then the item will be skipped (wont drop). Block/Platform items may come in multiples.

2nd idea is simpler. The S.Merchant sells everything the T.Merchant can currently sell, but with a % price increase.

I probably could do the same with the Bone Merchant and Christmas Elf.

Personally, I like it very much the way it is now.
The point is to reduce grinding after all.

I'd suggest leaving those alternative ideas as non-default options.

Personally, I like it very much the way it is now.

The point is to reduce grinding after all.

I'd suggest leaving those alternative ideas as non-default options.

I think the ideas I listed would still reduce grinding, especially the 2nd idea. It also would simplify him a lot. I'd love to leave what ever idea I don't use as non-default, but I feel like it would complicate him. There would be seperate explantions and configurations for him, and I feel like his current setup wouldn't be necessary. The T.Merchant would still have configurations to increase item appearances.

Last edited:
I agree with the top comments; not only would it be simpler to implement, it'd be more useful and feel less grindy, true to its name.

NEW UPDATE:

Changes:
-Stationary Merchant overhauled. He sells everything the Traveling Merchant has a chance to sell, but there's a catch. By default, his prices are higher, especially when the Traveling Merchant is away. Also by default, the rarer the item, the more expensive the item is.
- Bone Merchant is now off by default. I realized that with a Moon Ball, you can cycle through all of the Skeleton Merchant items. For added convenience:
- Skeleton and Bone Merchant's Moon Phase restrictions are lifted if the player has a Moon Ball in their inventory.
-Crates no longer upgrade to higher crate versions, but fish re-rolling (from fish upgrade potions) can now roll crates and less than rare crate catches now trigger a re-roll.

Bug Fixes
- Using moonball would show "advanceMoonPhase" in chat. This was for testing and isn't neccessary to see what phase the moon is in.
- When re-rolling fish catches from Fish Upgrade Potion. Rolling Flarekin Koi gave Obsidian Swordfish instead.
- Christmas Elf had items missing in her shop.

Thx, nice mod

Tho I had to manually increase chances for moon stone and sun stone cuz for some reason even with x100 spawn rate and many attempts for their events - those weren't dropping

edit: there's no option to increase drop of Paladin's Hammer, only for Paladin's Shield - seems like a bug?

Last edited:
Thx, nice mod

Tho I had to manually increase chances for moon stone and sun stone cuz for some reason even with x100 spawn rate and many attempts for their events - those weren't dropping

edit: there's no option to increase drop of Paladin's Hammer, only for Paladin's Shield - seems like a bug?
Thanks. I never added it, but I'm going to add it next time I update my mod because it would make sense.

Hey, I love the mod, but I was wondering can you somehow disable "Chest drop" feature? If someone know how to do it pls reply :d

can someone help me update this mod? when i try to activate it its telling me that i cant run it cause it is made for v0.11.6.2 and that im running v0.11.8.
how can i update it?

can someone help me update this mod? when i try to activate it its telling me that i cant run it cause it is made for v0.11.6.2 and that im running v0.11.8.
how can i update it?
I tried it out and didn't have this problem. I tried deleting my mod and re-installing it, and it still seemed fine. My only guess is to delete my mod and re-install it, and if that doesn't work, back up your "Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader" folder and re-intall tmodloader.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask if I'm using the extractinator config correctly (I briefly checked out the code, and looks like I am). I want diamonds from slush, so I sent everything to 0 and diamonds to 1, and I expect to get a diamond for every slush.

However, I'm getting all sorts of random junk from ore to coins.

Is there another mod conflicting with Reduced Grinding here, or is this a bug?

Appreciate any help you can give :)

Hey all,

I just wanted to ask if I'm using the extractinator config correctly (I briefly checked out the code, and looks like I am). I want diamonds from slush, so I sent everything to 0 and diamonds to 1, and I expect to get a diamond for every slush.

However, I'm getting all sorts of random junk from ore to coins.

Is there another mod conflicting with Reduced Grinding here, or is this a bug?

Appreciate any help you can give :)
That should give Diamonds every time, I'm looking at my code and I don't see any thing wrong. Try keeping track of what mods are bug suspects, then keep disabling half until you've found the mod that's doing it.

Hello I just wondering, is this mod only increase the default drop rate or u have to customize the drop rate manually? I'm kinda confused and I'm new to Terraria modding.

It increases the drop rates by default, but it's highly configurable. Here's a pic of where mod configuration buttons are:
1642876509612.png

Back
Top Bottom