tModLoader Reduced Grinding

All Vanilla rods. Im using basically Ore Extractor, Luiafk, Better Chests and Alchemist Npc
My mod isn't causing the problem on its own and it might not even be my mod causing the problem. Try in a test world, disabling those mods one by one until the problem is gone.

Updated to 8.4
  • Configuration added to disable battle potions from affecting invasions.
  • Reworked how spawn rates affect invasions. If an invasion is active, it will use the vanilla spawn rates and max spawns, then each buff will double it. They still affect the progress towards completing an invasion. This also fixes a bug, where weaker potions didn't affect the rates that much.
  • Higher tier bobber potions give immunity to lower tier bobber buffs.
  • Modded items in the configuration menu have their icons before their name (this is a feature I lost in 1.4, but I finally figured it out).
  • (Off by default) added configuration of Soul of Light and Soul of Night drops.
  • (Off by default) added configuration for spawning Regular Mimics by using both Key of Light and Key of Night at the same time (doing so in the snow biome spawns Ice Mimics instead).

Last edited:
我在减少研磨和钓鱼竿方面遇到了问题。他们不能打开mod,我点击了几次,什么都没有。当我禁用mod时,所有钓鱼竿都恢复了工作。希望它能很快得到解决!:叹息:

I'm currently looking into this. My mod alone isn't causing it, but it's not playing nice with LuiAFK and probably not with Auto Fishing. I didn't have an issue at first, but with LuiAFK, I noticed the rods weren't working with a new player. I know that LuiAFK uses a level system to add more bobbers, so that probably has something to do with it.

1660710139978.png(谷歌翻译)

我目前正在调查这个。 我的模组本身并没有导致它,但它与 LuiAFK 并不能很好地配合使用,并且可能与 Auto Fishing 配合得不好。 起初我没有遇到任何问题,但是在使用 LuiAFK 时,我注意到杆不适用于新玩家。 我知道 LuiAFK 使用关卡系统来添加更多的浮子,所以这可能与它有关。

Last edited:
An update on the fishing rods not working:

Someone posted in the workshop that if you set the number of fishing lines in LuiAFK to 1, it can be used normally.

I'm very sure at this point that LuiAFK is causing the problem and not my mod. With my mod backed up in one branch on GitHub, I made a duplicate branch for testing and removed things from it 1 by 1, and even after there was no coding left in my mod, it strangely still doesn't work unless my mod isn't installed even though my mod is pretty much empty. I'm trying to get help in their discord though.

1660710248558.png
钓鱼竿不工作的更新:

钓鱼竿不工作的更新:

工坊里有人发帖说,如果把 LuiAFK 中的鱼线数量设置为 1,就可以正常使用了。

在这一点上,我非常确定是 LuiAFK 导致了问题,而不是我的 mod。 将我的 mod 备份到 GitHub 上的一个分支中后,我创建了一个重复的分支以进行测试,并一一删除了其中的内容,即使在我的 mod 中没有留下任何编码之后,它仍然无法正常工作,除非我的 mod 是 即使我的模组几乎是空的,也没有安装。 不过,我正试图在他们的不和谐中寻求帮助。

Last edited:
All Vanilla rods. Im using basically Ore Extractor, Luiafk, Better Chests and Alchemist Npc
The problem is going to be fixed in the new LuiAFK update. Because my mod was overwriting modded rod amounts with new amounts, the LuiAFK mod adjusted to this by subtracting it by 1 when used with my mod. With my mod's recent change, LuiAFK's adjustment is no longer needed and is setting the base amount at 0. The developer of LuiAFK said that their next update will have the no longer needed adjustment removed. If you adjusted LuiAFK's fishing line configuration to work with this mod, then adjust it back when LuiAFK updates.

我在减少研磨和钓鱼竿方面遇到了问题。他们不能打开mod,我点击了几次,什么都没有。当我禁用mod时,所有钓鱼竿都恢复了工作。希望它能很快得到解决!:叹息:
1660756685065.png该问题将在新的 LuiAFK 更新中得到解决。 因为我的 mod 用新的数量覆盖了修改后的杆数量,所以 LuiAFK mod 在与我的 mod 一起使用时通过将其减去 1 来调整到这一点。 随着我的模组最近的变化,不再需要 LuiAFK 的调整,并将基础数量设置为 0。 LuiAFK 的开发人员表示,他们的下一次更新将删除不再需要的调整。 如果您调整了 LuiAFK 的钓鱼线配置以使用此 mod,则在 LuiAFK 更新时将其调整回来。

Potentially dumb question if I'm missing the obvious: Reduced Grinding's Configs aren't stored in ModConfigs. Where are they stored so I can edit them on my server?

I should note that the sleeping potions seem to not sync well in multiplayer. One player will drink a potion and seem to pass time much faster than the other sleeping player, then they'll get snapped back to the "correct" time later. The sleeping potion's duration seems to also be sped up by sleeping, which is rather funny. Is that bit intentional?
Also, the slime staff from most generic slimes is set much too common.

Since I'm posting... I have a hypothetical idea for dealing with the Angler quests. I like the current implementations a lot btw. Personally, I feel that the main issue with fishing is just the initial quest grind for gear and getting to the stage where his odds of handing out better rewards improves naturally. Rather than messing with the angler's loot table or multipliers, I suggest checking the player's quest completion number when they talk to the Angler, and tweaking it like this... If completed quests <4, completed quests = 4 (gives fuzzy carrot on first quest). If quests = 5, quests = 6. If quests = 20, quests = 25. This makes the angler clothes and golden rod show up every 5th quest, but starting at 5 instead of 10. This also means getting the golden rod 10 quests sooner, which admittedly might be overdoing it. Finally, if quests = 30, quests = 50, and if quests = 75, quests = 100. This just helps improve the loot quality faster without messing with the modifiers or loot table. Someone will have to correct me if any mods add fishing rewards at specific quest numbers.

Potentially dumb question if I'm missing the obvious: Reduced Grinding's Configs aren't stored in ModConfigs. Where are they stored so I can edit them on my server?
After messing with my own configurations and saving, I can find them at Documents\My Games\Terraria\tModLoader\ModConfigs. If you're not finding them there, then I'd ask for help in on this site or in the TModLoader discord.

I should note that the sleeping potions seem to not sync well in multiplayer. One player will drink a potion and seem to pass time much faster than the other sleeping player, then they'll get snapped back to the "correct" time later. The sleeping potion's duration seems to also be sped up by sleeping, which is rather funny. Is that bit intentional?
The buff time advancing is intentional, it's done to accurately control how long the buff works when sleeping. I'm looking through the code, and I see I'm not updating client to server data when updating time, so I'll work on fixing it.
Also, the slime staff from most generic slimes is set much too common.
Figuring out how to approach the Slime Staff was tricky. It's drop rate is ridiculously low in vanilla, making it a waste of time to go after. At the same time, people look at Slime Staff as a trophy item. What I did is I increased its drop rate by a lot, and added a
1661649366630.png
Slime Trophy which has the same Slime Staff drop rates in vanilla. This is configurable though, you can disable the Slime Trophy and you can disable the extra Slime Staff chances.
Since I'm posting... I have a hypothetical idea for dealing with the Angler quests. I like the current implementations a lot btw. Personally, I feel that the main issue with fishing is just the initial quest grind for gear and getting to the stage where his odds of handing out better rewards improves naturally. Rather than messing with the angler's loot table or multipliers, I suggest checking the player's quest completion number when they talk to the Angler, and tweaking it like this... If completed quests <4, completed quests = 4 (gives fuzzy carrot on first quest). If quests = 5, quests = 6. If quests = 20, quests = 25. This makes the angler clothes and golden rod show up every 5th quest, but starting at 5 instead of 10. This also means getting the golden rod 10 quests sooner, which admittedly might be overdoing it. Finally, if quests = 30, quests = 50, and if quests = 75, quests = 100. This just helps improve the loot quality faster without messing with the modifiers or loot table. Someone will have to correct me if any mods add fishing rewards at specific quest numbers.
This is an interesting idea. I'm going to look into this and other ideas that have been said about fixing the fishing/quest system in Terraria.

Last edited:
Thank you for the prompt and thorough response and update. Yep, I did derp. I didn't occur to me that the configs wouldn't exist until after making an edit. I should have known better. I'm unable to change the settings on the server. It was a simple matter of loading a world in single player and editing the config, and then it could be copied over to the linux server.
I've got the "other slimes" rod drop set to 100 now. It's not hard to kill 30 slimes in the first day, so that's still very common. I'll test out sleeping next time my friend is available.

Edit: I didn't really pay attention to whether the potion vs normal accelerated sleeping worked faster, but I can confirm that time passed the same speed for both of us, one with a potion, and one without.
Edit again: stinking blood moons. What are the odds you could make it so you can sleep through them... or turn them off with the moon ball?

Last edited:
For the angler I'd do three loot pools:
- basic loot pool: potions, bait, and gold
- functional loot pool: player equipment
- furniture loot pool: furniture and coralstone blocks

The angler would always give 1-to-3 items from the basic loot pool, starting from quest 5 we'd be guaranteed to also have one item from the functional loot pool, and starting from quest 10 we'd be guaranteed to have one item from the furniture loot pool as well.

Because in my current vanilla run, the angler just keeps on giving me only potion/bait and gold. Nearly never any of the more useful items. If he always gave one useful item and one building item, it'd make fishing quests a lot less infuriating as you'd know the reward would always have a chance of having at least one item you're looking for.

For the angler I'd do three loot pools:

The angler would always give 1-to-3 items from the basic loot pool, starting from quest 5 we'd be guaranteed to also have one item from the functional loot pool, and starting from quest 10 we'd be guaranteed to have one item from the furniture loot pool as well....
From the spoilers of 1.4.4: "The angler will now have a chance to give an extra furnature loot drop, and the odds of this will increase as you complete more quests." So it's feasible to try to guess how they'll implement that. The new wiki seems to have more details on how the loot is calculated than the old one. Currently furnature and potions are in a pool that is rolled for if all functional item rolls fail. Bait is it's own pool that is always rolled and can drop with any other loot. I'm guessing Relogic is just going to remove the functional item failure condition for rolling the furnature/potion pool. This means you can get rewards from the 3 pools at once. Technically 4 "pools". Money is always given with some average amount per quest completed. I'm not sure how available the code is in tModloader for hooking into the existing loot pools. If you can just reference the furnature loot pool and change it like 1.4.4, then I'd do that. However, if the pool has to be recreated, it would break any loot added by other mods.

Можно ли редактировать здоровье боссам ?
1662054251557.png: Is it possible to edit the health of bosses?

My mod doesn't allow you to edit boss health, but a mod probably could do that. I think it might be better just to enable Staff of Difficulty, so you can switch to an easier difficulty when ever you want.

Мой мод не позволяет вам редактировать здоровье босса, но мод, вероятно, может это сделать. Я думаю, что было бы лучше просто включить «Посох сложности», чтобы вы могли переключаться на более легкую сложность, когда захотите.

I can never agree with Relogic's logic on stack sizes. It makes sense to make most weapons not stackable. I guess I can accept it for armor and equipables. The quote from them for 1.4.4 stack sizes is
"We are increasing the stack size of nearly every stackable item in the game to 9999," the devs say in the latest monthly update blog post. "Please note that there are some exceptions to this, but only around ten to 15 which had to be kept as-is for mechanical purposes."
That seems too high to me. I'd have been fine with 999, but whatever, that doesn't really matter. It's the random stacks that were annoying. Bomb stack size changed from 20 to 50 to 100, then back down to 99. Potions at 30... I'm glad they're finally mostly just setting most things the same. I'd even prefer more things be stackable, like quest fish and vanity. Hey Dragon, what are the odds you could make quest fish, whatever else you think appropriate, and any vanity that has no attributes stackable? Armor would be easy: If mod = vanilla Terraria and equipable in head, body, or legs (and is not wood boots) & defense <1, stack size = 999.

Updated to 8.5​

• I increased the default chances of Traveling Merchant selling Christmas Paintings to 1/5 from 1/13 and Pulsebow to 1/10 from 1/100 (I think 1/100 was an accident, I meant to set it much lower).
  • Bugfix: Extra rolls for individual traveling merchant items were rolling for item groups instead of individual items. For example: instead of each Christmas Painting having their own extra roll, it was rolling once for all of them. So now it's 1 for each, instead of an all-or-nothing roll.
  • Issue Fix and new addition: Setting extra rolls for all Traveling Merchant items doesn't allow you to add more than 40 items (not only was my code not set up right, but Shop Expander doesn't work that way; it adds all the extra items from seperate mods which can go over 40). I replaced this feature with a new Merchant Dice item, (it's still completely disabled by default). You can set it to allow re-rolling the Traveling Merchant shop a limited number of times. There are 3 settings for before Hardmode, Hardmode, and after Plantera. If it's set to 0, then the Traveling Merchant won't sell it.
There's an issue with tModLoader mods right now, this is a post from Solxan on discord:
Mod Updates Bug Awarenes

Mods showing as having eternal updates in Mod Browser It has been discovered that some mods have pushed newer versions of themselves on to the stable branch while an existing copy is on the preview branch in past months. This unintended behavior resulted in several mods this month showing as always having updates in the in-game Mod Browser, and the 'presumed wrong' version being loaded. If you encounter one of these mods, either as a player or an author, please let the modder know to push a quick update on the current stable to resolve this conflict of versioning. From the tModLoader end - we don't want to make assumptions on which of the two are correct and would prefer authors resolve the situation in their best interest. We are looking in to options for flagging these mods in the Mod Browser in the interim.

I can never agree with Relogic's logic on stack sizes. It makes sense to make most weapons not stackable. I guess I can accept it for armor and equipables. The quote from them for 1.4.4 stack sizes is

That seems too high to me. I'd have been fine with 999, but whatever, that doesn't really matter. It's the random stacks that were annoying. Bomb stack size changed from 20 to 50 to 100, then back down to 99. Potions at 30... I'm glad they're finally mostly just setting most things the same. I'd even prefer more things be stackable, like quest fish and vanity. Hey Dragon, what are the odds you could make quest fish, whatever else you think appropriate, and any vanity that has no attributes stackable? Armor would be easy: If mod = vanilla Terraria and equipable in head, body, or legs (and is not wood boots) & defense <1, stack size = 999.
Making armor/vanity stackable breaks their quick equipping functions and quest fish, even though you can use chest to get around it, are designed to be a 1 at a time item, so I don't want to add it in my mod. After some searching, I found a mod that already does this though: Max Stack Plus Extra. Without any mods, I think if I was getting flooded by vanities from something like a invasion event, I'd have 1 or more chest nearby to quick stack vanities into it.

Last edited:
There's an issue with tModLoader mods right now, this is a post from Solxan on discord:
I was in that conversation sharing which mods had issues. At least at the time, this mod wasn't one of them. If someone is willing to put in the UI work, they may make a popup dialog to warn modders if they are trying to publish to stable when there's already a version pending in preview that would overwrite the stable version at the end of the month update. Then you'd get the choice to remove the preview version or keep both.

designed to be a 1 at a time item, so I don't want to add it in my mod. After some searching, I found a mod that already does this though: Max Stack Plus Extra.
That's fair, it's somewhat outside the mod's scope, and silly of me to ask. Thank you for the recommendation. I usually avoid max stack mods in games because historically they're just dumbly coded for 99999 of everything with no options, no point, and lots of issues. This one seems to actually be well done. I can just dial it in.
EDIT: Nope, It's better than most, but the config isn't flexible enough to avoid bugs. I'd need something that works on more item attributes and/or a white/black list system.

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new to this mod. I was just wondering how to actually configure the drops I want in the config file. When I open it only lists 2 or 3 drops. How would I change the drop rate of amarok for example?

Back
Top Bottom