Items Reducing recipe for Music Box (Title)

Snickerbobble

The Painter
Currently, to craft Music Box (Title), you need:

Music_Box_%28Overworld_Day%29.png
Music Box (Overworld Day)
Music_Box_%28Eerie%29.png
Music Box (Eerie)
Music_Box_%28Night%29.png
Music Box (Night)
Music_Box_%28Underground%29.png
Music Box (Underground)
Music_Box_%28Boss_1%29.png
Music Box (Boss 1)
Music_Box_%28Jungle%29.png
Music Box (Jungle)
Music_Box_%28Corruption%29.png
Music Box (Corruption)
Music_Box_%28Underground_Corruption%29.png
Music Box (Underground Corruption)
Music_Box_%28The_Hallow%29.png
Music Box (The Hallow)
Music_Box_%28Boss_2%29.png
Music Box (Boss 2)
Music_Box_%28Underground_Hallow%29.png
Music Box (Underground Hallow)
Music Box (Boss 3)

..all of the 1.1 music boxes. That's a lot. Now this is incredibly time-consuming, and luckily the recipe hasn't updated to require every new track since. But besides requiring a lot of time to record the 12 tracks, this cannot be made on Crimson worlds. Could just make an alt recipe to take Crimson tracks but I'd rather this:

Reduce the recipe to the original tracks from 1.0. That is, just:

Music_Box_%28Overworld_Day%29.png
Music Box (Overworld Day)
Music_Box_%28Eerie%29.png
Music Box (Eerie)
Music_Box_%28Night%29.png
Music Box (Night)
Music_Box_%28Underground%29.png
Music Box (Underground)
Music_Box_%28Boss_1%29.png
Music Box (Boss 1)

Just 5 boxes to record and it'll be craftable on Crimson worlds, as Corruption originally used Eerie. Crazy how much more amazing tracks we've gained since then :dryadconfused:

Alternatively the recipe could be scrapped and logging out with a blank Music Box equipped would record Title. That'll keep players wondering why only specific tracks are needed and not others, but yeah.. it needs a log out.

And since you can record off from other music boxes, you should be able to record from playing music boxes playing Title, as IIRC it records as Overworld Day. Maybe just a bug.

Seeing how we've lately been getting quality of life additions, I think this would make things a lot more simple for those who want this track.
KUprTga.png

honestly it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad if music boxes recorded in a reasonable timeframe instead of anywhere from "the moment you equip it" to "i've run three frost moons please let me just have the music box now"

on the bright side, you can just re-record the songs from placed music boxes once you get the first one, but.. it's pretty tedious.

Back
Top Bottom